New BAMs for spells

yarpen

Well, don't pay for Photoshop, obviously. If you can use the others, they're probably as good but I hadn't heard that either of them had eclipsed Photoshop.
I've used both for years and have generally preferred PSP in that it's faster and has at least as much functionality (and more perhaps, for the stuff I do, like editing BAMs). It started sucking when Jasc sold it to Corel but still doesn't suck as much CPU and memory as Photoshop.

Huh, for two days I'm happy user of tablet PC HPTX2510 and I'm starting to work on sketching apps so after that I think photoshop is just a requirement. So I think I'll have to do it.

But MS Paint is sooo cooool :)

Well, I consider this my final attempt at it. Personally, I was happy enough with the previous one, but I decided to give it one more go to try and get it to be of a good enough standard. You be the judges, as always.

comparison3.jpg

The stone background roughly follows the shape of the spell icon itself now; the BG2 style. Also, recoloured; well, most of it.

I've edited scorpio's last one so that it resembles the scroll BAM even more. I think this is pretty much done unless anyone else wants to work on it.

I've included a shot of the original BAMs here, so we can see how far we've come.

sunscorch_old.png

sunscorch_new.png

Archived