Item creation?

Epantiras

(I hope I'm posting in the right forum; if I am not, I apologize!)

I'm still learning to mod so treat me as a newbie v_v I've read some tutorials but I still cannot find an answer to some questions...

I've used Near Infinity to check some BG2 items that can be equipped only by a specific character, for example Haer'Dalis swords or Yoshimo's katana but I haven't understood how to prevent another character of the same race and class to use that item.

My second question is about equipped item animations. Is it possible to restore the old BG1 animations, like rectangular shields and helmets with those big wings? I mean the graphic that appear on the character 'sprite', not the inventory icon; for example WPLH4A1 WPLH4A2 WPLH4A3 etc? Which tool do I need to edit an item and change its animation?

I've used Near Infinity to check some BG2 items that can be equipped only by a specific character, for example Haer'Dalis swords or Yoshimo's katana but I haven't understood how to prevent another character of the same race and class to use that item.

That's generally done by setting stat and race restrictions equal to the NPCs stats. Set all of minimum CON/DEX/INT, etc. (I don't use Near Infinity, so I don't know exactly where to point you. DLTCEP might be better for looking at and making items.)

My second question is about equipped item animations. Is it possible to restore the old BG1 animations, like rectangular shields and helmets with those big wings? I mean the graphic that appear on the character 'sprite', not the inventory icon; for example WPLH4A1 WPLH4A2 WPLH4A3 etc? Which tool do I need to edit an item and change its animation?

Yes, but it's a lot of work. Have a look at the One Pixel Productions forum over at Spellhold Studios, that's the only mod doing that sort of thing that I know of.

And of course: Welcome! Any fun mod you're making that you want to tell us about? :)

There is no way you can make the items to be one char only, the way Haer'Dalis and Y's items work is that they disallow enough so nobody sane person makes that kind of char, except to clone them. Now there is also a scripting solutions for this, but it's a bit complicated, and it produces lag if you add it to the baldur.bcs(a script that is always running) and that's the worst place to put this kind of scripting, as it's full already of this kinds of things, so DO NOT PUT IT THERE.

One way to go around that is to make a special script for your character(.cha's script that can be activated in certain conditions) that puts the item to the characters hand, and make the item undroppable and cursed(so in essentially, it's destroyed if you cast remove curse spell on him), or something to that effect...

Well the game doesn't store the old files, so you have to change the new once, and that's a load of work, the 1PP does some parts of this...

Edit, *¤%& erik got there first...

Thank you all ^_^

]Any fun mod you're making that you want to tell us about?

It's still very work in progress ;-) I'm creating a joinable tiefling wizardslayer with a disturbed personality, something like Lilarcor... it's meant to be a comical character. I was thinking about allowing her to use a copy of the Anti-Paladin Githyanki swords.

My solution was to have the script for the NPC trigger a dialog which takes back the item if anyone else in the party has it. Well, actually, it triggers a dialog which takes back the script, but it's almost the same.

This allows the item to be used if you kill off the NPC, and you to equip something else to that slot of the NPC, if you decide it's better than the NPC item.

My solution was to have the script for the NPC trigger a dialog which takes back the item if anyone else in the party has it. Well, actually, it triggers a dialog which takes back the script, but it's almost the same.

This allows the item to be used if you kill off the NPC, and you to equip something else to that slot of the NPC, if you decide it's better than the NPC item.

Could you please tell more of it, like what the checker is, the custom NPC... or? The conditions etc. that are needed.

Archived