Potential NPC Romance Mod

-JR-

Korgan Romance- yeah, I understand how crazy it sounds. I don't even really like the guy, but a few ideas for this started running through my head one day, and I admit I'd like the fame of being the maniac who finally pulled it off. :)

I know some silliness (alright, more than some) is to be expected with this, but I'm not fishing for attention; I'd actually be willing to go through with this if I knew someone had enough interest to consider hosting a link to it, or maybe writing some code. Anything. Just don't want to put a lot of thought into it if it's universally agreed that it's uncalled for.

Like always, I'd be willing to discuss ideas here as much as people want.

Guest Guest

With the PC? Or perhaps with Mazzy? Personally I do think there is room for it - I'd love to see a Korgan/Mazzy romance done since I think it'd be *cute*.

However, even a PC/Korgan romance could be doable. There aren't many mods that cater for the 'smaller races', and for a female PC there is only one evil character (Edwin - and even that is more funny than evil) and a few other neutral characters that evil-ish characters can romance, so definitely a gap there.

With the PC? Or perhaps with Mazzy? Personally I do think there is room for it - I'd love to see a Korgan/Mazzy romance done since I think it'd be *cute*.

However, even a PC/Korgan romance could be doable. There aren't many mods that cater for the 'smaller races', and for a female PC there is only one evil character (Edwin - and even that is more funny than evil) and a few other neutral characters that evil-ish characters can romance, so definitely a gap there.

I was thinking a PC-Korgan Romance, but Mazzy would definitely play in to it if she was present. Maybe making it impossible, maybe complicating it, maybe speeding things up, maybe having a different effect based on how your character plays into it or depending on her relationship with Mazzy.

Part of my thought processes were the same as yours, the anti-short people feel to the game in places, combined with a new look at one of the only truly evil bastards in the game (in my opinion). I haven't played through the Edwin romance yet myself, but I would almost certainly take inspiration from parts of it if it was well put together (credit given where due, of course).

If there was a Korgan-Mazzy relationship, this would probably be the mod for it to be tagged on with. I've always disliked the idea of a Korgan-Mazzy romance myself, but that might just be wishful thinking and I'd be able to work my way around it if there was a demand for it.

I always liked Korgan, but then, I'm a bleeding-heart dreamer who thinks everybody could be good if they just gave peace a chance. :) I'm joking there, at least for the most part.

The thing I liked about Korgan was his moral ambiguity. When considered briefly, his past actions don't sound all that warped. But then you think about it for a minute, and you realize that yep, he's sick all right. I always figured that something major went wrong in his head at some point, but it's far too late to go back now.

I like to think that Mazzy might have been able to help him, at least temporarily. He certainly seemed willing to give it a try for her sake. But he probably would have gone back to the way he was after he realized how much more effort was involved in doing the right thing.

As for Korgan and the PC, well, I encourage you to have a go at it, if you feel strongly about it, but I probably won't play it. It isn't that I dislike the idea, but rather that I've got my own mods to finish.

Korgan's immoral, alright, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his own set of rules in regards to what's acceptable behavior and what's not:

Bah! Even I would nay trade children an' women as if they were cattle! Let us plant an axe firmly in their skulls, <CHARNAME>!

That's his interjection with Haegan.

I'd actually be willing to go through with this if I knew someone had enough interest to consider hosting a link to it, or maybe writing some code.
Well, the SHS forums has a free mod hosting in this section... just for projects like this. Or you could of course ask space in here from an admins(Gibberling Poobah's) for your project.

I'd love to see a Korgan/Mazzy romance done since I think it'd be *cute*.
Just don't talk to Jan Jansen about the short mariage then. Ok so do.

Awh, Domi, I wanna hear what you have to say..

Thanks for the link, Jarno, if I get it coded but can't find a place here for it I'll get it up there.

And just to clarify once again, I'm not that set on this idea. It's more of a fallback if noone else thinks there's any call for my other plans. I need to cut my teeth somewhere, and it might as well be something really horrible that gets a lot of attention. :) Not that I don't think I could do a good job, I bet I could pull something entertainingly horrible yet realistic off quite well.

My personal opinion is that stories only work if the writer wants to say something. Certainly, if you envision the story(whether it's Korgan, Viconia or your own NPC), and you _feel_ you know the character - I think you'll succeed. But writing for the sake of writing - I'm not sure if it ever works.

This advice from Kulyok the Wise struck me as particularly relevant to this topic, and I am going follow it and withdraw my enthusiasm from this project. I have no doubt I could pull it off, and pull it off well, but my heart wouldn't be in it. Shall we save it for a writer who really feels for the filthy dwarven maniac?

Archived