BG2 Tweak Pack

BG2 Fix Pack

Widescreen Mod

Official patches

BG1 Tweaks

BG2 Spell Revision

BG2 Item Revision

BG2 'Sound & Silence' Mod

Quite a fair effort I must so myself hence I was wondering in which order I should install them...

I would also like to know which order to install them if I had EasyTutu installed.

Either install-routine would be greatly appreciated! I keep screwing up and am forced to reinstall :crazyeyes:

Also would like to accept suggestions of other mods to download...

Thanks! - zythyl

So I have BG, TotSC, SoA, ToB, and I have downloaded:

BG1 NPC Sound Pack

BG1 NPC Pack

BG2 Tweak Pack

BG2 Fix Pack

Widescreen Mod

Official patches

BG1 Tweaks

BG2 Spell Revision

BG2 Item Revision

I would also like to know which order to install them if I had EasyTutu installed.

BG1 Tweaks is for BG1, so the Tutu won't need it. The official patches need to be the v(1.3.)5512 for BG1s and v(2.5.)26498 for the BG2s...

The install order is,

The games

The patches

The EasyTutu setup

And then you install the rest of the mods into the Tutu -game directory you just made with the setup, and the recommended order for that can be found here(the last post).

Ok, looking at it, I suggest this order:

BG1 + TotSC + Patch

BG2 + ToB + Patch

EasyTutu*

EasyTutu creates another installation, leaving your original BG2 untouched, so we can have different mods on each.

On BG2:

BG2Fixpack (LEAVE OUT THE BETA FIXES AND "SUPER HAPPY FUN LUCKY MODDER PACK"!)

Spell Revisions (MAIN COMPONENT ONLY)

Item Revisions (MAIN COMPONENT ONLY)

Song&Silence

Spell Revisions (OTHER COMPONENTS)

Item Revisions (OTHER COMPONENTS)

BG2Tweaks

WideScreen Mod*

On Tutu:

EasyTutu De-Greenifier (found on the Easytutu page)

BG1 NPC Project

BG1 NPC Sounds

BG2 Tweak Pack (Works for Tutu, while the BG1 Tweakpack does not)

Widescreen Mod*

* REQUIRES that you have a full install. For BG1, you have to go to "Custom" and select every checkbox. If it says you only have 2042MB space or something, ignore and continue.

That is a good order for your mods. I suspect that your bugs were using things on incompatible platforms, such as BG1NPC on BG1, whereas it is made for Tutu or BG:T.

You have a good general install there, but if you want to have a more tactical challenge, I recommend Sword Coast Stratagems II for your BG2 installation and Sword Coast Stratagems for Tutu. Also, restoring a lot of the ToB cut content are these two: Ascension and Wheels of Prophecy.

With those mods:

Ascension should be installed after the patches, but before the fixpack.

Wheels of Prophecy should be installed just before SCSII.

SCSII should be installed before the other components of Spell Revisions and Item Revisions and before Song&Silence

SCS should be installed before BG2Tweaks but after BG1NPC Sounds.

Have fun!

Icen

Guest zythyl
So I have BG, TotSC, SoA, ToB, and I have downloaded:

BG1 NPC Sound Pack

BG1 NPC Pack

BG2 Tweak Pack

BG2 Fix Pack

Widescreen Mod

Official patches

BG1 Tweaks

BG2 Spell Revision

BG2 Item Revision

BG1 Tweaks is for BG1, so the Tutu won't need it. The official patches need to be the v(1.3.)5512 for BG1s and v(2.5.)26498 for the BG2s...

The install order is,

The games

The patches

The EasyTutu setup

And then you install the rest of the mods into the Tutu -game directory you just made with the setup, and the recommended order for that can be found here(the last post).

I noticed the BG2 Fixpack wasn't there but the tweakpack was... why would that be? (it may well be there, i am slightly blind :crazyeyes:)

Official Patches first, allways.

Then you install the fixpacks

Then, from what I can see, there should not be a lot of problems.

On the other hand, don't you want to install BGTutu or BGTrilogy ?

Both are really nice and well made, and modify much less the game than BG2 Item Revision does, for example.

Why don't you install these ?

Guest zythyl
Ok, looking at it, I suggest this order:

BG1 + TotSC + Patch

BG2 + ToB + Patch

EasyTutu*

EasyTutu creates another installation, leaving your original BG2 untouched, so we can have different mods on each.

On BG2:

Spell Revisions (MAIN COMPONENT ONLY)

Item Revisions (MAIN COMPONENT ONLY)

Song&Silence

Spell Revisions (OTHER COMPONENTS)

Item Revisions (OTHER COMPONENTS)

BG2Tweaks

WideScreen Mod*

On Tutu:

EasyTutu De-Greenifier (found on the Easytutu page)

BG1 NPC Project

BG1 NPC Sounds

BG2 Tweak Pack (Works for Tutu, while the BG1 Tweakpack does not)

Widescreen Mod*

* REQUIRES that you have a full install. For BG1, you have to go to "Custom" and select every checkbox. If it says you only have 2042MB space or something, ignore and continue.

That is a good order for your mods. I suspect that your bugs were using things on incompatible platforms, such as BG1NPC on BG1, whereas it is made for Tutu or BG:T.

You have a good general install there, but if you want to have a more tactical challenge, I recommend Sword Coast Stratagems II for your BG2 installation and Sword Coast Stratagems for Tutu. Also, restoring a lot of the ToB cut content are these two: Ascension and Wheels of Prophecy.

With those mods:

Ascension should be installed after the patches, but before the fixpack.

Wheels of Prophecy should be installed just before SCSII.

SCSII should be installed before the other components of Spell Revisions and Item Revisions and before Song&Silence

SCS should be installed before BG2Tweaks but after BG1NPC Sounds.

Have fun!

Icen

Oh that's fantastic I'll look into those packs! Anything else...? I heard hardly anyone plays vanilla BG1 these days and basically just plays through TuTu.

I noticed the BG2 Fixpack wasn't there but the tweakpack was... why would that be? (it may well be there, i am slightly blind :crazyeyes:)
That is just for Tutu, though it is your best guide for Tutu mod install order. BG2 Tweaks and a lot of BG2 mods work on Tutu, but not the BG2 Fixpack (most of which that is applicable is already incorporated in Tutu, supposedly).
I noticed the BG2 Fixpack wasn't there but the tweakpack was... why would that be? (it may well be there, i am slightly blind.
No, you are not blind, but you might want to realize that; If you play the BG1 with the BG2's engine --using the EasyTutu's engine conversion technic-- you do not in fact have BG2 anymore, or at least, one that would need the BG2Fixpack, anymore.
...I heard hardly anyone plays vanilla BG1 these days and basically just plays through TuTu.

True, most play Tutu/Easy Tutu or BGT, but there's a few of us still enjoy vanilla BG1. Most BG1 mods are Tutu or BGT specific, though a few are vanilla compatible. If you want to play each game separately, let us know and there's a few here to give you some help for mod installs for BG1. :crazyeyes:

Question : If you install BG2 Tweak pack , and have already installed Dungeon be gone . Does that make the game go crazy ?

Because since I did that (and I think it was a mistake) , Yushimo doesn't show up at all.

Question : If you install BG2 Tweak pack , and have already installed Dungeon be gone . Does that make the game go crazy ?

Because since I did that (and I think it was a mistake) , Yushimo doesn't show up at all.

You probably told Jasper to have Yoshimo wait for you at the Copper Coronet.

You probably told Jasper to have Yoshimo wait for you at the Copper Coronet.

No I didn't , I told Jasper we go see Yoshimo . And then Yoshimo show up but Jasper is gone...POUF! no more Jasper anywhere . Then I reloaded , and told him to tell Yoshimo to wait at the copper Coronet , once teleported yoshimo was nowhere .

I think it's a bug , I will re-install the game . THanx

Archived