New components?

Shaitan

Hi DavidW!

Do you intend to add new stuff to the next version of SCS2? I'd propose some myself but as I'm on vacation now and the next month I don't have access to my laptop where I have collected some thoughts on this subject. ... and I'm so bad at memorizing stuff so I quickly forget...

Cheers

Hi DavidW!

Do you intend to add new stuff to the next version of SCS2?

Yes, but not huge amounts. My main priority for v10, apart from various bugfixes, is to move SCS2 over to the magic system used by SCS, which autogenerates spell books and hopefully allows a bit more variety in mage tactics. Other than that, there are quite a few small tweak-type components, possibly one or two more tactical components.

Guest Guest

@DavidW: Have you ever thought about a component that gives all enemies in ToB +2 / +3 / +4 on hitting? (maybe even those in SoA). There is this component from MixMod, but it also gives a bonus on HP, Saves etc., what actually is a bit much, especially because BG1 enemies (which are dangrous enough imho) are also affected... After all, many of the humanoid enemies in ToB have strong problems with hitting...

@DavidW: Have you ever thought about a component that gives all enemies in ToB +2 / +3 / +4 on hitting?

Nope, breaks SCS design parameters - that kind of brute-force way to make it harder isn't what the mod is about.

However, if you really want it, open up scsii/setup-scsii in Notepad and paste the following at the end:

BEGIN ~Hit bonus for all enemies~ DESIGNATED 999999

OUTER_SET ~hitbonus~=2

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.*\.cre~ ~override~
READ_BYTE 0x273 ~EA~
PATCH_IF ~EA~=255 BEGIN
	READ_BYTE 0x52 ~thac0~
	SET ~thac0~=~thac0~-~hitbonus~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x52 ~thac0~
END
BUT_ONLY

Quick and dirty, but should more or less do what you want. Change "hitbonus" to whatever you want if you'd rather have +3 or +4 than +2.

@DavidW: Have you ever thought about a component that gives all enemies in ToB +2 / +3 / +4 on hitting?

Nope, breaks SCS design parameters - that kind of brute-force way to make it harder isn't what the mod is about.

However, if you really want it, open up scsii/setup-scsii in Notepad and paste the following at the end:

Quick and dirty, but should more or less do what you want. Change "hitbonus" to whatever you want if you'd rather have +3 or +4 than +2.

And install that component when you hit the ToB... :)

What about giving Minotaurs their PnP abilities? I don't own a 2nd edition Monsters Manual, so I really can't remember all their original abilities, but they do seem to be somewhat easier in BG2.

BTW how fares changing the magic system?

Cheers

Archived