Icewind Dale II

-JR-

Yeah, but for NWN2 they are already made. I have all the NWN1 games, but I can't really bring myself to play them. I hate the ugly graphics, I hate the radial menue, I hate not having a party, I hate pretty much everything about it... not that it should stop someone else from using it, lol. But me, personally - NWN2 all the way for anything D&D based.

I meant replacing everything except the areas with the Baldur's Gate engine, so the characters too would be BG style. Or is that what Icewind Gate was?

Hm.. EVERYTHING would have to be built up from scratch, wouldn't it?

I meant replacing everything except the areas with the Baldur's Gate engine, so the characters too would be BG style. Or is that what Icewind Gate was?
Engine conversion:

Icewind Gate II =/was, BG2 in Icewind Dale 2's Engine, ruleset etc.(never finished, a quite broken beta was released)

IWDinBG2 = Icewind Dale 1 in BG2 Engine, ruleset etc.

BG1Tutu = BG2 Mod that brings BG1 into the BG Engine, ruleset etc. (official release v4, multi-language version, the v5--... lead to the EasyTutu)

EasyTutu = BG1 in a BG2 Engine, ruleset etc.(the small difference between the above is that this one creates it's own game, alike the IWDinBG2, only English)

BGT/-WeiDU, = BG2 Mod that adds the BG1's content to the BG2. v1.08...

IWD1Tutu = IWD1 in IWD 2, (open beta).

Classic Adventures = BG2 Engine used to recreate the old classical Pen & Paper RPG adventures, v0.50a...

So, there is no project making the IWD2 into a BG2 engine, the Icewind Gate II tried to do the exact opposite.

While Icewind Gate did exact opposite it showed the incompatibility of the two engines for the conversion. Again, it is far less work to rebuild the game in the NWN2 toolset than try to do what Wes Weimer couldn't. The only succesfull conversion was TUTU anyway.

While Icewind Gate did exact opposite it showed the incompatibility of the two engines for the conversion. Again, it is far less work to rebuild the game in the NWN2 toolset than try to do what Wes Weimer couldn't. The only succesfull conversion was TUTU anyway.
Ah, BUT WHAT IN THE GREAT KINGDOM of CHEESE is the BGT-WeiDU, then? ;)

And what TUTU are you talking about, thete is 3 different once you know. :thumbsup:

yes, but they all are based on BG1 to BG2 engine variants conversion, so it is very much the same thing. There are no successful cross-game conversions. Plus, IWD2 engine and the rule set and GUI gotta be the game's best part.

EDIT: Darn! This discussion really makes me want to build the Chimeras. :thumbsup:

Damn. I'll look into it later once I'm a bit more literate in these terms you're using.

Well, a semi-related issue. I was planning on writing a fanfiction of this this game. A big one, the kind you wouldn't want to have any issues with after it gets completed. Most of the characters would probably be my own, but I wanted to ask permission to use some of the IWD II NPC Project characters in it.

In my previous inquiries of this variety, the authors have been very willing to allow this sort of thing, but the reason I ask is due to the use of the NPCs of the IWD I NPC Project in a (unrelated I believe) novel recently. I do not wish to incorporate them if they will later be written into some sort of more 'canon' thing by their true authors. I am very impressed with the characters that were created, but I can forego their appearances if there are any plans for something like this.

This was actually answered before on the IWD2NPC forum - you can use IWD2 NPC characters however you like, just like you would BioWARE characters for fan-fiction, cross-mod content, etc. I am only too curious to see what's other people's take is, and I have by now elephant hide instead of skin.

I'd like to see Arcanum in NWN2 or DA or any other not graphically retarded game. Always wanted to play it, can't go past the graphics ugliness.

I like the Arcanum graphics. They fit that world pretty well.

I'd love to see it without retarded combat system and retarded dungeon crawiling, though.

Yeah, and a sensible character creation system, where one isn't a level 1 underman, while an average commoner is level 7 would be nice too.

This was actually answered before on the IWD2NPC forum - you can use IWD2 NPC characters however you like, just like you would BioWARE characters for fan-fiction, cross-mod content, etc. I am only too curious to see what's other people's take is, and I have by now elephant hide instead of skin.

Well I haven't played it yet (computer died a painful death) and it might be a while before I am able. And even then I'll probably go through the game a few times with different groups to get a good feel for it, so it might be a long time.

Not really interested in doing a "take" on the characters, but I'd be eager to work with you (or any other writers if there are multiple) to make them as "authentic" as possible. I'm all for creative liscense, but only from an expansion perspective when it comes to my own interaction, and wish to keep the characters as true to the original perspective as possible. I'll probably talk your ear off with questions if you'll allow it. Down the road of course, once I've looked into all the material presented in-game.

Sorry for asking such inane things in this thread; like I said, my computer is down so I have only about 2 minutes of time per day to get my words in on school computers during class, and can't manage to check it all. If it gets annoying, feel free to leave obvious questions unanswered.

Archived