GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Try to add final slash after GamePath and CD1 path. But I recommend to use relative paths:

GamePath=./

CD1=./

CD2=./CD2/

CD3=./CD3/

CD4=./CD4/

CD5=./CD5/

CachePath=./Cache/

If this does not help:

Check that you have a full installation of BG2.

Check that GUIScripts folder exists in /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb

Guest lisko

I'd like to start by saying thanks for the amazing work on this port! When getting an android phone I never expected cool stuff like this to be possible on it. BG2 with ToB, official patch and widescreenmod runs really well on SGS.

After testing it for a while the biggest problem for me was the text size, particularly in dialogue. I tried the FontMod on the shs forums, and it makes things readable, but during conversations the click area differs from the actual text position, and when the replies surpass a certain amount of lines, you cannot choose the bottom ones. I got around this with the on-screen keyboard by binding 1-6, but it proved impossible to set up the layout in a satisfactory manner. Is there a way to manually edit the on-screen keyboard layout (i.e. a configuration file)? Or is there a way to fix the problem with FontMod (even vague pointers might help)?

Guest Guest
Known problem that occurs on some devices.

Open apk file with winzip or other archiver. Unpack all contents from data2.zip (in "assets" folder) to /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder on your device. Download this file and unpack it to that folder too.

I am facing the same problem, however the link above seems to be dead. Error downloading data2.zip on a Dell Streak 5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Guest Donut42

I got BG2 to run on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G) but I cannot get the audio to play for some reason. Also, it will not run my GoG version of Icewind Dale :) Still trying different things to troubleshoot, but I'm just glad I got BG2 to work on it :)

Anyone else having the audio issue with BG2 on their phone?

Guest Donut42

I changed it to SDLAudio and it still didn't work. Here's the log from Alogcat. It does this with sdlaudio and openal selections :)

Alog (This is what I get right after I run the game)

W/AudioService( 2729): handleMessage() - playSoundEffect - MSG_PLAY_SOUND_EFFECT

E/AudioTrack( 2729): getAudioMode[0]

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): startOutput() output 1, stream 1

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): getDeviceForStrategy() strategy 0, device 2

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): changeRefCount() stream 1, count 1

E/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): unknown stream type

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): getDeviceForStrategy() from cache strategy 0, device 2

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): getNewDevice() selected device 2

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): setOutputDevice() output 1 device 2 delayMs 0 force 0

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): setOutputDevice() setting same device 2 or null device for output 1

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): Speaker Volume = 0.125893 , device = 2, stream = 1, index = 3

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): releaseOutput() 1

D/NotificationService( 2729): onSetDisabled :: mDisabledNotifications = 0

D/dalvikvm(13073): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1339 objects / 85448 bytes in 107ms

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): stopOutput() output 1, stream 1

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): changeRefCount() stream 1, count 0

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): getDeviceForStrategy() from cache strategy 0, device 2

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): getNewDevice() selected device 2

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): setOutputDevice() output 1 device 2 delayMs 0 force 0

V/AudioPolicyManager( 2373): setOutputDevice() setting same device 2 or null device for output 1

D/dalvikvm(13073): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1096 objects / 70096 bytes in 101ms

D/dalvikvm(18705): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 3351 objects / 215640 bytes in 143ms

D/dalvikvm( 2372): GC_EXPLICIT freed 311 objects / 11888 bytes in 126ms

W/Resources( 2729): Converting to boolean: TypedValue{t=0x3/d=0x103e "res/anim/accelerate_decelerate_interpolator.xml" a=1 r=0x10a0004}

W/Resources( 2729): Converting to boolean: TypedValue{t=0x3/d=0x103e "res/anim/accelerate_decelerate_interpolator.xml" a=1 r=0x10a0004}

D/dalvikvm( 2372): GC_EXPLICIT freed 57 objects / 2520 bytes in 140ms

Archived