GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

whel, i intended to play it slow (it deserve it) so with any luck GemRB (ava) will work when need it.

I hope you understand what i am traying to say.

Have a nice day

Iztok

Yes, I understand you. Avenger working on PST support. He may say that works/not works in PST now.

Since I am wondering about writing that article... I'll write about the dependencies, of course... but, could you give me examples of 1 phone it will work on, and 1 that it won't work on? Thanks in advance.

Engine works on all phones with resolution >= 320x480 (smooth scaling is used), but 640x480 or larger recommended. But it now requires fairly large amount of free RAM, 120 Mb approximately. GemRB works great on all HTC Desire series phones, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Droid 2 and other modern devices includes tablets. Some low-priced devices, such as LG Optimus One, can run GemRB too. I know that ARMv7 processors run GemRB much faster than ARMv6. Users says that Gingerbread roms doubles performance compared to Froyo! Low memory phones (256 Mb or less RAM) can run GemRB but games will crush on some places (Motorola Droid, LG Optimus, Acer Liquid). Devices with screen lesser than HVGA can run GemRB too, but games still unplayable (SE X10 Mini, Acer E120, etc). Android version must be 1.6 or higher.

Iztok67: you'll have to play reaaaaaaaally slow then.

Zireael07: I forgot what the article is supposed to be about, but just a note that gemrb works also on other, non-android smartphones.

Iztok67: you'll have to play reaaaaaaaally slow then.

Zireael07: I forgot what the article is supposed to be about, but just a note that gemrb works also on other, non-android smartphones.

The article is supposed to cover 'A way to have BG on smartphones, called GemRB' .... so, tell me, what other phones work with it!

Guest Guest

Device: SGS

game: BG2: SoA demo

No changes in original GemRB config, files copied from BG (PC) folder)

Game starts, I can create character, after clicking on 'done' I have blue screen on area where main game screen should be...

Then goes force close.

Any ideas?

Not all resources been copied, or not correct CD[X] paths in GemRB.cfg. No other reasons. You need to check this.

Added:

No changes in original GemRB config

This is the reason. Edit GemRB.cfg and setup paths.

Guest Guest
Not all resources been copied, or not correct CD[X] paths in GemRB.cfg. No other reasons. You need to check this.

Added:

No changes in original GemRB config

This is the reason. Edit GemRB.cfg and setup paths.

I dont get it:

GamePath=
CD1=./
CD2=./CD2/
CD3=./CD3/
CD4=./CD4/
CD5=./CD5/

CachePath=

Demo doesn't have any "CD" folders, do I have to change only GamePath and Cache path to 'GamePath=/sdcard/app_data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/' or every CD[x] path?

Archived