GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Guest Paul Hamoen
Notes for new release:

1. In SDL-menu Downloads section check all downloads (scripts and override).

2. In new SDL-port release relative movement for mouse is set as default. You may change this parameter in menu.

3. On-screen joystick enabled as default too. You may disable it in menu.

THANKS!

downloading the scripts did the trick for me!

Android version updated. It's not a joke :)

Changes:

1. Required downloads checked by default in list.

2. No on-screen joystick by default.

3. You may download fully configured BG2 demo from interface and play immediately without any configuring!!!

No engine changes.

Is there a readme for this? I'd like to write a short article about GemRB for a Polish fantasy/gaming/books site (I wrote a review for BG & BG II and some people complained there's no BG for smartphones and then I saw this and went: great!) and I'm looking for all the essentials...

Swhat? They made a new version and it's noticeably slower? ounds too silly to be true - are you sure the hardware isn't that worse?

gemrb needs optimisation (especially in the draw path), but that's nothing specific to any platform.

Swhat? They made a new version and it's noticeably slower? ounds too silly to be true - are you sure the hardware isn't that worse?

gemrb needs optimisation (especially in the draw path), but that's nothing specific to any platform.

Well! The hardware should be a lot better and all other emulators including the SDL-based version of ScummVM runs great and faster than on the galaxy tab.

There seems to be a problem with the loading times where starting the game and loading a saved game takes forever.

A couple of questions.

While using a touchscreen is there a way to disable the grey lines that are drawn on screen?

A limit fps, like the original game has at 30fps, might be needed for future smartphones, im currently running the game at 60fps with a Desire Z custom gingerbread rom @1401Mhz, some animations look very awkward and fastforwarded, any easy way of implementing that?

1. Gray lines - is the border of a scroll areas. It can't be disabled in current build. I can add switching showing these lines in cfg file.

2. 60 fps? Ohoho. My Desire HD with 1GHz CPU on 800x480 resolution (Froyo firmware) produce only 20 fps. Maybe Gingerbread improve performance so much. What about videos on your device? Is it smooth?

Hmm, GemRB produce many outputs to Android log. Maybe it's cause of performance degradation on the Android 3. :)

Anything I can do to help debug?

Archived