"Red Badge" Poison-Based Encounter

Guest!

Sorry to say but the Red Badge encounter...let's just say I think it is best left where it is. Along with "Improved" Iliych, "Improved" Small Teeth Pass, the Lich in the docks etc. The only Tactics component I think which is not already done in SCS2 and is worth a look is the Ritual, and even that I think is just "OK" rather than great (admittedly partly because I hate time limits, ever since that wretched water chip).

I think SixofSpades got most of Tactics right in his review (which sadly appears to no longer be online).

Is SCS II fully compatible with BP ? (no minor bug?)

SCSII and BP AI are not compatible... Lichs go into melee, boring. Other BP-components are, as far as I know, compatible...

@Jarno Mikkola: BaldurDash is, sadly, not available at the moment for normal human beings from Vlad's homepage... I f this does not change, a new component might be justified.

And have you or somebody else ever tried this component from NEJ2? (I am just interested, since I am - at least in theory - reponsible for the tactical part of the BWP...).

@Jarno Mikkola: BaldurDash is, sadly, not available at the moment for normal human beings from Vlad's homepage... If this does not change, a new component might be justified.
Hah, recheck it again.

And have you or somebody else ever tried this component from NEJ2? (I am just interested, since I am - at least in theory - reponsible for the tactical part of the BWP...).
I personalty haven't cause it's in the broken expert compilation, but I have my suspicions that if you install it after the d'Quest mods, and don't use the Quest Mods component that enhances the encounter in, it will just work.
Sorry to say but the Red Badge encounter...let's just say I think it is best left where it is. Along with "Improved" Iliych, "Improved" Small Teeth Pass, the Lich in the docks etc. The only Tactics component I think which is not already done in SCS2 and is worth a look is the Ritual, and even that I think is just "OK" rather than great (admittedly partly because I hate time limits, ever since that wretched water chip).

I think SixofSpades got most of Tactics right in his review (which sadly appears to no longer be online).

I always liked both The Ritual (the best component in Tactics, imho) and Improved Ilych, too, along with most components designed by Weimer himself. The Lich in the docks... well, euphemistically I can say it sucked, it looked like it was put together in five minutes with no regards for originality, challenge, realism and fun. SixOfSpades' main complaint about the Red Badge was that it was too hard. Frankly, I don't think it's the case, a level 20-or-so party can manage it with relative ease. The Spear of Cheese could use some tweaking, though.

Mhm, personally I'd like to see comeback of Improved Ilyich fully compatible with SCS and maybe slightly revised by DavidW. Maybe not as serious component, but maybe... series of ProChallenge components certified by DavidW, SixofSpades and Batman? :thumbsup: Hey, I liked this battle a lot, it was just sick and mad with dwarven cleric at 20th level who can summon Fallen Deva. But one thing on complain (if you'd like to reproduce it in SCS2) is fact, that most of their loot should be non-equippable for players. After this fight you're getting +3 bolts, +2/+3 weapons and armors... that's too much.

Mhm, personally I'd like to see comeback of Improved Ilyich fully compatible with SCS and maybe slightly revised by DavidW. Maybe not as serious component, but maybe... series of ProChallenge components certified by DavidW, SixofSpades and Batman? :thumbsup: Hey, I liked this battle a lot, it was just sick and mad with dwarven cleric at 20th level who can summon Fallen Deva. But one thing on complain (if you'd like to reproduce it in SCS2) is fact, that most of their loot should be non-equippable for players. After this fight you're getting +3 bolts, +2/+3 weapons and armors... that's too much.

Personally, I'm inclined to keep with Wes Weimer's clear intention that Ilyich is a satire, and so doesn't really have a place in SCS2. (I guess I don't, theoretically speaking, rule out my own satirical component, but mirroring someone else's seems to be missing the point.)

Personally, I'm inclined to keep with Wes Weimer's clear intention that Ilyich is a satire, and so doesn't really have a place in SCS2. (I guess I don't, theoretically speaking, rule out my own satirical component, but mirroring someone else's seems to be missing the point.)

I know boss, but it's a lot of fun. :thumbsup: Just said that I'd love to see your revision, even if semi-hidden in SCS2 setup file. And possibility of fighting with Eclipse party without Solaufein! :hm:

Archived