SCS2 and Baldurdash

Guest BachFan

Guest BachFan

I currently have non-Weidu baldurdash installed. It would be inordinately inconvenient to reinstall BG2 (family would have to dig through a box for me and ship me the CDs).

Has anyone tried SCS2 with baldurdash, and if so what were the results?

I currently have non-Weidu baldurdash installed. It would be inordinately inconvenient to reinstall BG2 (family would have to dig through a box for me and ship me the CDs).
That should actually not be necessary, as you can use a clean installs ToB backup from here(the ToB backup -file). But first, copy the game folder so you are safe...

I have reports of a couple of crashes caused by Baldurdash-corrupted files that show up when SCS is installed. Mostly, it's probably fine. But as Jarno says, you can restore a clean install straightforwardly enough in any case.

Yeah, I tried. With SCS2 and with RR. Installing SCS2 on baldurdash is not recommended. However RR works fine with baldurdash.

Guest BachFan

Well, before checking this thread I realized that I actually *have* my SoA CDs, so I attempted to reinstall, and (maybe due to disk damage or something?) my install gets stuck at 21% on the first disc at "CHASound.bif".

So apparently no more BG2 for me! :)

Any ideas on how to get around this issue?

Well...

So apparently no more BG2 for me! :)

Still remember this ? :
But first, copy the game folder so you are safe...

21% seems bad, are you sure you don't just have to change the disc ? And make sure that the computer registers that the disc is out first(the drive is empty), before you insert the other disc.

Guest BachFan

well, I uninstalled BG2 for the reinstall, so unless I can figure out what is wrong with Disc 1, I'm screwed. :)

Whats obnoxious is that I have extra copies of discs 2, 3, and 4, but only one copy of Disc 1!

Guest BachFan

Wow, I had no idea there was a place to legit download BG1 and BG2!

I just bought BG1 Complete and BG2! Haven't played BG1 in YEARS, as I lost the CDs long ago. THANKS coaster!

Hopefully I can figure out how to get easy tutu going. . .

Archived