Bugs in BG1 ToSC, GemRB 0.6.3

Beholder

3CD? Nice, my vanilla bg1 without it is on 5. :)

yes, I wonder why the first versions of some infinity games have about twice as much CDs as recent bundles; it's a little waste. The 3CD version is on patchlevel 1.3.5521, does that change something?

I didn't install mods or something else, just made a full install.

Some odd platform? No idea what would redden your text.

nothing special: Linux 2.6.38.1 #1 SMP x86_64 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

That's fine. Judging from the screenshot the problem isn't consistent either. Maybe someone else will be able to reproduce the problem, otherwise you'd have to take gdb into your hands.

The white text comes when the NPC has some sort of greeting text, like this "Are you looking at me" on the screenshot. The unreadable text is the default conversation text. I don't know what sorts of text the infinity engine defines and if gemrb implements all this.

I think some text color is determined by the major color of the speaker.

There is a color translation table we didn't yet implemented.

I also saw some of the colors happen randomly, instead of the major color + translation being used.

Guest Guest_The_fred

Just got this today (v0.6.4) and got it working with BG1. Is this the best place to report any bugs?

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I started the game with 1 hp and no memorised spells. Not really a big deal, but it's not the way it works in the original.

I also had only 3 hp max; if I remember correctly, you always rolled max hp on first level, but I could be wrong about that.

Archived