Tell RPG for Your Cellphone

Hi,

Given a Team: all grown up on PST/bg, a good storyteller, graphics guy, and the graphic guy also knows Cellphone stuff, no iPhone however. These guys know how to write apps and graphics for Google Android, and WinMo ok now Windows Phone as well.

Soo these guys ask: we've ideas but what ppl R E A L L Y wanna see & play? :-)

Yeah so my question is (btw they're my friends I'm no part of their DEV Team, just kinda PR :-)), so question is, really:

Would you give chance to a CRPG on your cellphone?

What cellphone you have? (RIM BB, Android-based, ... ?) What game you would prefer? Like bg, PST, iwd? Riddles or combat? A mix & match of all these? What you MISS from current ones and wanna see in a Brand New RPG? None of the above ------ do you play already a good one you're happy with?

Their Team btw uses Completely Own Ideas so it gonna be no BG clone or whatever.

Your Feedback is mostly appreciated In Advance.

TIA,

sarevokcrusher

P.S. the Feedback as said above is mostly appreciatated, however please spare us of the comments sort `lamers`, my friends Team is good devs really, and we really wanna hear what kind of RPG you REALLY would play on Your Cellphone ------ if any.

Thanks for the Feedback & also for the Reassurance :-)

Actually, we're interested in what ppl WANT & DESIRE, with the accepted hypothesis that Our Team can do it so we can tell soon that the first 90% of the game is finished :-) Maybe noone even wants a CRPG not even in theory for their cellphone...

Please spread this survey, Our Team Leader made it today, it's SHORT:

http://host1.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=42427

Hi there,

Please do register and re-post. When you get upwards of 20+ spam posts a day, we tend to delete anything that looks suspicious, and I'm afraid your title is pretty spam-like. Sorry about that, it isn't anything persnal. "Opinions on a potential RPG for cellphone?" might be more descriptive of what you actually want anyway. :)

If you can't even take the time to learn and write proper English (using full sentences and whatnot), don't expect people to take you seriously.

But then again, given the content of your 'main' request, you're better off giving up without opening polls here and there.

Kaleroey, Thank You for that hint I already registrated-registered before noticing Your Post here, I used fake name ´Tomislav´ SORRY :-( But post content should be fine I hope :-)

the bing: Thank you for Your Warning but why always the Pessimism :-( I may be confusing English Language grammar it's not my mother's ´tongue´ but the DEV Team of my friends ( 1 Russian + 1 Czech+ ´others´) are Good & proved themselves in Industry ! Why not give a chance ? :-)

the bing: Thank you for Your Warning but why always the Pessimism :-( I may be confusing English Language grammar it's not my mother's ´tongue´ but the DEV Team of my friends ( 1 Russian + 1 Czech+ ´others´) are Good & proved themselves in Industry ! Why not give a chance ? :-)

Some reasons:

- Somebody who can't properly read/write English is a poor programmer: if he can't write English properly, he lacks the mental discipline required to write software (that works well, runs fast, is secure, etc.); if he can't read it at all, then he lacks access to most of the learning material that can a mediocre programmer into a better than average one.

- Success in programming depends on knowing what your goal is. If you go on a forum and ask what kind of game people prefer, then by definition you have no idea of what your goal is.

- Even if you ultimately settle on a well-defined goal (say, a 20 page in-detail description of the game, the main plot, characters, quest system, combat system, inventory system, etc.), by collecting ideas on-line you risk listening to bad / conflicting / too much advice, and hence end up with an impossible goal and/or one that will result in a bad game.

Of course, all of this doesn't make your game impossible, merely highly improbable.

Thank You for newer feed back :-) It's not too much convincing to me thought.

EDIT:Wow just discovered usage of ´quote´ embeddement, cool.

Somebody who can't properly read/write English is a poor programmer: if he can't write English properly, he lacks the mental discipline required to write software (that works well, runs fast, is secure, etc.); if he can't read it at all, then he lacks access to most of the learning material that can a mediocre programmer into a better than average one.

True to me. :-) Fortunately I don't write code I just do some PR for the Project:

(btw they're my friends I'm no part of their DEV Team, just kinda PR :-)),

Archived