[RELEASE] Game Over Only on Party Dead

Salk

Game Over Only on Party Dead is out now!

The Mod is hosted at BlackWyrm's Lair at this address and can be downloaded here.

This modification changes the game over condition for BG2, (Easy)TuTu and BGT so that the game won't finish when the protagonist dies but rather when the whole party is defeated. To accomplish this, a workaround is used: when the protagonist is knocked out cold (HPs one or less), the rest of the party continues the battle and if successful, the protagonist will join them back (although in need of urgent cure).

Just like for Cursed Items Revision, I didn't code it myself but rather had initial help by Miloch and talented Ardanis/GeNiE do most of the work. This modifiation needs Ascension64 ToBEx v20 or later to work (if this is not detected, it will be installed automatically).

Enjoy!

Clearly, I'm missing something here, because my game doesn't end when the protagonist gets knocked out, but only upon death.

I didn't explain myself clearly: of course the vanilla game does end when the protagonist dies, I was just telling how things change using this mod: the protagonist doesn't die when his HPs become zero or lower but he gets "knocked out" and stays so as long as there are party members able to continue the battle. If all party members are killed (but also permanently incapacitated like turned to stone, example), the protagonist dies.

Clearly, I'm missing something here, because my game doesn't end when the protagonist gets knocked out, but only upon death.

I didn't explain myself clearly: of course the vanilla game does end when the protagonist dies, I was just telling how things change using this mod: the protagonist doesn't die when his HPs become zero or lower but he gets "knocked out" and stays so as long as there are party members able to continue the battle. If all party members are killed (but also permanently incapacitated like turned to stone, example), the protagonist dies.

I see what you mean now, thanks. Well, the idea might appear cheesy to some players, but it should encourage the party to care for the protagonist and see to his/her needs.

- E

Archived