WTP Familiars (revised Find Familiar spell)

Well, my modification does not use the original familiar .cre files.

Instead of famfair.cre the spawning familiar should be wtpfairy.cre. The same applies to every other familiar .cre files.

But if that was the issue, why would it only happen when entering SoD

@DraikenWeAreCould you take out the Faerie from the backpack without problems before then?

@subtledoctor Here's the Weilog.

I didn't install choose the familiar component , only Imbue spells and innate familiar spell components.

@Salk I can take it out in BGEE and BG2EE, I have save files for both, plus the BG2EE save was before a lot of mods including the TnB and still works fine.

I actually had another SOD problem with another Mod actually,  where I asked the creator of the mod and he said the issue was that SOD was built different,  so he would have to encode it different for it to work there.

So I don't know.

weidu.log

Edited by DraikenWeAre

@DraikenWeAreOkay, I took a look at the Familiars changes made by Tome & Blood and I'd recommend not to install WTP Familiars and the Tome & Blood Familiars components together as a general rule. They are truly not compatible.

About the specific issue you have been having with SOD, I don't know how to help you because I'm not a EE player and I only developed my modification for the classic engine and specifically for Baldur's Gate Trilogy. But I still have one question, just to make sure that the Faerie you were summoning as familiar in your game was the one from my modification. Does it have a portrait? Because if it doesn't, then you are not using the familiar from my mod at all.

5 hours ago, Salk said:

Okay, I took a look at the Familiars changes made by Tome & Blood and I'd recommend not to install WTP Familiars and the Tome & Blood Familiars components together as a general rule. They are truly not compatible.

It isn't a lot, but after a quick test, at least the Innate Familar component seems to work with WTP Familiars.

@subtledoctorWell as I said I don't know anything about making a mod , so I poked around your files and decided to add the WTPFam names to the Familiar.tpa of your mod and it seemed to work seemlesly including the WTPFamiliars in the Imbue component. 

I was really surprised.

Maybe you can include it in your next update so other people who use both mods like me can take advantage of it.

Edited by DraikenWeAre

@subtledoctorI realised the the last edited tpa had an issue giving the player the innate ability with the familiar. 

Being the noob I was I honestly just gave up, not knowing what  to do, since I ain't a modder.

But today I retried it from scratch and was by chance able to detect my error.

So the new TPA includes giving wtpfamiliars the ability without that busted error.

Don't know if you would look at it and maybe add it to your next patch.

setup_familiars.tpa