Sarevok's Diary runs into the future

Domi

OK, I will move the dates a year back in the diary then. It reads now:

27th of Tarsahk, 1368: I take my leave of Candlekeep now, and not a moment too soon, for I am sure that Gorion has perceived my heritage. One thing that I am certain of: <CHARNAME> is, in actuality, one of Bhaal's brood as well. <CHARNAME> has all the markings, and it would explain Gorion's curiosity of my studies. Though there is nothing I can do now, I will have to make certain to return and kill the little brat. It would be foolish of me to let one of my siblings live, especially one being brought up by the Harpers (and I am sure that is where Gorion's allegiances lay).

5th of Mirtul, 1368: Today I met with Reiltar in Baldur's Gate. The fool still insists on calling me his son, and for now I will let him. He assumes that I am loyal to him because he raised me. Well, loyal I am, but only as long as he is useful. He's set up a base in the mansion of a destitute noble family and says that everything is running smoothly. Mulahey has established himself at the mines of Nashkel, and his kobold minions should be already busily contaminating the iron ore. Only a few slaves have begun to mine out the ore at Cloakwood, though Reiltar assures me that once the bandit raids begin we'll have a steady supply of new slaves.

8th of Hammer, 1369: I met with the leaders of the Chill, and Black Talons. I have little liking for Ardenor, the leader of the Chill, but Taugosz seems to be a man of his word. It is a good thing, as I'll have to work with these mercenaries for the rest of the year.

3rd of Tarsahk, 1369: Everything proceeds well. The ore coming from Nashkel has started to deteriorate, and my mercenaries have been doing a fine job at destroying any iron caravans on route to Baldur's Gate. Though some of my mercenaries have been captured, most think they work for the Zhents, so no trouble has fallen on the Iron Throne. I am sure that the Zhents at Darkhold won't be pleased to know that their name has been falsely used. I will have to be wary for Zhentish agents in the coming months.

28th of Tarsahk, 1369: I think I now have the time to deal with that old codger Gorion, and his little whelp. I will have to inform my men that I'll be gone for the next few weeks.

7 of Myrtle, 1369

No time to write, but I must not neglect my journals so. The future dead must know of how the Lord of Murder again came to them. I shall hire a scribe when time allows. Things have not gone completely as I have planned, but I will still be able to salvage the situation. <CHARNAME> is on the move to Baldur's Gate; if I could maneuver the whelp to Candlekeep, then I would have the perfect scapegoat for my plan. My mortal 'father,' Rieltar, is there to meet with the Knights of the Shield. He has been blocking all my attempts to escalate the hostilities between Amn and Baldur's Gate, and these meetings will only serve to smooth relations. I must rid myself of them all and assume control of the Iron Throne myself. I cannot allow petty business and monetary concerns to interfere. Terribly sorry, 'father,' but my true parentage calls and you are in my way. I shall be sure to instruct the dopplegangers in the exact manner Reiltar should die. I think a garrote would be perfect for the task.

This diary looks to be important. You should probably keep it on your person. ~

The events the Athkatlan town criers describe are lifted straight from the sourcebook Lands of Intrigue (which you can download for free from wizards.com). The ordering is slightly off (their first bit of news actually happens after several of the others), but chronologically the first one is this:

Allo! Allo! More Tethyrian exiles landing in Atkatla! Hear ye! Hear ye! Expelled for familial misdeeds! Oh shudder to think of all the red ink!

The Year of the Tankard has been a tough one for the rich and pampered trying to grind out a living on the backs of the poor down south.

Noses are akimbo about Maztican gold falling into chubby fingers while Riatavin and Trailstone and left reading from the wrong books and the dogleg ledgers!

Judgement was swift on the deserving and bags packed doubletime! "Good riddance" the natives wailed from ramparts high!

This happens in Hammer (January) 1370. The last bit of news the towncriers give is:

Hear ye! More news of the scurrilous Sythillisian's Empire! Horrors abound as the legions of evil march on Imnescar!

The bitch ogre mage Cyrvisnea marches on Imnescar with tribes of goblins and murders of kobolds! The forces of the Twin Towers attack just before dawn!

The ogre mage bitch Cyrvisnea marches on Imnescar with coalitions of kobolds and gripes of goblins! The Twin Towers forces lay in lurking wait!

Just before dawn, the scourge strikes from the darkness! By highsun, the second army arrives! By days' end, the town lays in ruins!

The only survivor of the unholy humanoid wrath is Hydcont Hall, where the citizenry flee the plague of evil!

This occurs on the 16th Eleasias (August) 1370.

Archived