SCS support for BG:EE

DavidW

I'm charitably going to interpret this post as a joke based off your username! In case that's wrong:

(i) ETA is January 13, 2069. It is, however, possible that it will be earlier than this. Maybe even next year. Or next month. Or next week.

(ii) I have never done progress reports and don't plan to start now.

If I'd written, "ETA is not next week" you could do the same trick :)
I can, see: DavidW promised the "ETA is not next week", so it will be this week. :D

Yeah, you get it released when it's done... and we'll all be using it there after... I am actually hoping you first go and get the SCS & SCS II combined, before tying in the BGEE ... but that's cause I don't have the BGEE at the moment, and it's all up to you... and your time/schedule.

Just an FYI that the readme's link for the list of NPC relocations (those appearing in Chapter 4 and 5) doesn't open anything.

Oops, my bad, I see now that it is in the readme, but perhaps the link could be fine-tuned in both the readme and mod decription page, because it looks like nothing opens. Or maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet.

After spending hours trying to handle with the /cmd, the /mklink/ and the /whinebecauseidontunderstandwhyitdoesntwork...

Here is an advice for those who don't want to break their head with the hard link and the command console:

-download xyplorer (version 9.9 or further)

-copy dialog and dialogF from your language folder (right click/copy

-then directly paste them as hard link in the main folder. (right click/paste as hard link).

Hi,

reposting this bug report from BG:EE forums:

"I tried SCS on BG:EE 1.2 beta patch (it installed without any errors) and found several bugs so far:

- party Ease-of-use party AI scripts are missing

- Tarnesh and Silke dont cast any pre-buffs (I chose option 4 - "Mages in BG1 cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat; mages in BG2 only do so if they are created in sight of the PC"). I didnt fight any other mages."

UPDATE: I fought Tarnesh again and noticed he casts mirror image immediately at the start of the combat. However there is no mention of it in the dialogue log. It might be that the mod is working fine but the 1.2 beta patch somehow changed the way the combat log works? I have all the feedback options turned on.

I tested it again on both versions of BG:EE (officially released ver. 1.0.2014 and the beta patch ver. 1.0.2028). It seems that indeed the dialogue log (action feedback option?) is bugged. In both versions Tarnesh seems to precast spells. Only in the officially released ver. 1.0.2014 the dialogue shows "Tarnesh - Mirror Image (cast previously) - Tarnesh" and ""Tarnesh - Armor (cast previously) - Tarnesh".

The beta patch shows nothing however.

The question remains whether is it a SCS related bug or beta patch broke something.

It's working fine on my version (with the beta patch).

Your bug sounds like an install error - as if the dialog file was not properly updated when you installed. Is there any chance you had the game open when you installed SCS?

It's working fine on my version (with the beta patch).

Your bug sounds like an install error - as if the dialog file was not properly updated when you installed. Is there any chance you had the game open when you installed SCS?

I reinstalled it and now it's working fine. Thank you for your time and thank you for this awesome mod.

Archived