Kit Revisions Beta 20

Berserker

Berserker is vulnerable to PW:Kill while Frenzied (should be unkillable, no?)
I think it's fine if he's not immune to instant death effects. I assumed only that damage was unable to lower his HP below 1 as opposed to him being unkillable.
I've made it as close as possible to PnP, and thus it "simply" makes the Berserker continue to fight despite mortal wounds. Death spells should still work on him, though Rage's +4 to saves vs. death make even those effects unlikely to succeed. I haven't though about PW:Kill but it does seem the perfect counter to a frenzied Berserker.

Berserker

. I haven't though about PW:Kill but it does seem the perfect counter to a frenzied Berserker.

Well, more to making Frenzy better!

Anyways, Wizard Slayer doesn't get +2 saves at level 5. I looked it up in NI, he gains dvcl136.spl at level 5 but when I edited the spell it seems to have "attack roll penalty" effect assigned to itself. :)

EDIT;

There also seems to be a bug in clab. file, since dvcl136 seems to be applied twice at level 5. Don't know if this is intended. Also, since the description says: ".....vs practicioners of arcane magic" don't know if this should work against wizards in general or just as a +2 vs spell.

Anyway, fixed it for myself to a +2 vs spells.

Edited by kreso

Berserker

Anyways, Wizard Slayer doesn't get +2 saves at level 5. I looked it up in NI, he gains dvcl136.spl at level 5 but when I edited the spell it seems to have "attack roll penalty" effect assigned to itself. :)
NI names the opcode "attack roll penalty", but it's actually the opcode used by Protection from Evil and similar spells (I've used it a lot of times within IR/SR) to grant +2 AC/saves vs determined creature types or classes. Thus don't worry, your WS do have that +2 to saves against any creature with arcane spellcasting (e.g. genies too with SR and/or SCS because they have effective mage levels). ;)

Edit:

There also seems to be a bug in clab. file, since dvcl136 seems to be applied twice at level 5. Don't know if this is intended. Also, since the description says: ".....vs practicioners of arcane magic" don't know if this should work against wizards in general or just as a +2 vs spell.

Anyway, fixed it for myself to a +2 vs spells.

Thanks for pointing it out. It's an harmless bug though, because those effect don't stack (it's still +2). Btw, WS bonus isn't just a +2 bonus vs spell (which within SR would be limited to mind affecting spells) but against all spells (e.g. death, breath, wand, polymorph too) cast by mages, bards, and arcane casters in general. Edited by Demivrgvs

Ok, here we are, first attempt at revamping the Berserker. :)

While I was there I heavily revised Inquisitor's TS to match how the respective spell will work within SR V4 (aka as close as possible to PnP). This means the following things:

- still detects and reveals invisible creatures, but does not dispel Improved Invisibility

- illusionary protections are no longer dispelled, with the exception of Reflected Image and Mirror Image

- illusionary creatures (e.g. Mislead clone) are no longer killed, but are highlighted(*)

- while under TS the caster can now directly target Improved Invisible enemies with spells

(*) This is the first step to implement a PnP-esque system where illusionary creatures get more vulnerable when detected as such. For testers: if you have SR installed illusionary clones normally look identical to the original casters (in vanilla they had blue glowing color), but when affected by TS they should now stand out as they did in vanilla. Let me know if it works. :)

Beta 16:

- the Barbarian can now use potions while enraged

- Berserker's Rage and Frenzy completely revamped (descriptions are updated both here and in game)

- Berserker's Diehard ability slightly improved

- Cavalier and Inquisitor no longer get Divine Spellcasting

- Inquisitor's True Sight now works more similarly to PnP

:D

Will try now. Above mentioned didn't work.

EDIT

I can target improved invisible enemies and friendlies now, if I have True Seeing activated.

Will need more testing for Mislead (need to find a mage who uses it) but otherwise works. Nice.

Edited by kreso
I can target improved invisible enemies and friendlies now, if I have True Seeing activated.

Will need more testing for Mislead (need to find a mage who uses it) but otherwise works. Nice.

Cool! No hurry, that feature isn't crucial for now, it will be once SR will add illusionary summons. ;)

Feedback for beta 16:

-The Paladin classes do not start with Lay on Hands, but the game still informs you on level up that "Lay on Hands increased by: 2." This does not occur on the Inquisitor.

-I must confess that the current Paladin descriptions still bother me because it is not immediately evident what the kits are giving up with respect to the True Paladin due to the lack of a "Disadvantages" section.

-Cavaliers still get Divine Spellcasting at level 4.

-Are Paladins meant to get Shillelagh? It is a plant sphere spell.

-I like that there is an icon for Heroism. However, it seems odd that it functions like a spell. I assumed it was just the Cavalier inspiring his party to heroism in a non-magical manner ala the Fighter's Tactician ability (although not a passive ability).

-Cavalier description: Heroism "lasts twice as much" should be "twice as long." Heroism "and protect from any fear effect" should be "protects." Lay on Hands "cure the target from any disease" sounds better as "cure the target of any disease."

-Agree that Dispel Evil needs a saving throw penalty to banish summons. This could improve at higher levels.

-Inquisitor description: True Seeing still sounds like it functions as per vanilla as currently stated. Lay on Hands: "At 6th level, it also cures from" sounds better as "At 6th level, it also cures."

-With the revised level progress, the XP cap in BG:EE of 161,000 seems absurdly arbitrary (even more than normal). Consider changing it to 150,000 for sanity's sake.