Kit Revisions Beta 20

If you mean the "5% chance on hit" (while not enraged) to enter a frenzy, that was disabled on purpose man. :) It was still there only in case we wanted to re-enable it.
Well, you could have said that earlier, I thought I was going nuts :)

Anyway, here's the story guys - trying to apply simultaneously two SPLs containing 232 results in none being applied.

If you mean the "5% chance on hit" (while not enraged) to enter a frenzy, that was disabled on purpose man. :) It was still there only in case we wanted to re-enable it.
Well, you could have said that earlier, I thought I was going nuts :)
Sorry, I gave for granted that you knew the problem was 232 and not 248. :D

Anyway, here's the story guys - trying to apply simultaneously two SPLs containing 232 results in none being applied.
Mmm...are you sure? Because when I had both Frenzy and Diehard using 232 with same parameters the latter still worked fine. And it's not like you can't cast the two Fireshields in a row or simultaneously (you can indeed, it creates the violet fireshield - and they both use 232) Edited by Demivrgvs
Sorry, I gave for granted that you knew the problem was 232 and not 248. :D
I was assuming 248 has been suffering from the same issue, since it was not appearing in saves.

Mmm...are you sure?
Actually, not any longer. I did however get no 248 in ToB, even though its probability has been changed to 100%.

Long story short, I have moved Frenzy to 8th level and leveled up in SoA - everything worked fine.

Oh, and by the way, don't worry about this one - it's not really that big of an issue, I assure you ;) It pales tenfold compared to something I had encountered in BG2EE.

PS Yes, and as for what we should do - i'll try using shells with delays to apply frenzy at 1st level.

Edited by Ardanis

Ok guys, I'm now 99% sure the problem is character generation.

I moved Frenzy when struck to level 8 (in the clab file), and made my BG2 Berserker level up to 11. He entered a Frenzy when struck by an enemy and got Diehard's regen too when hp were down.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Demi, I tweaked clab for Berserker myself so he gains his 323 at level 2. You may want to upload changed beta (if you decide to change it) for the other testers (I don't know if they can tweak this for EE). I'm gonna start a game with Berzerker and see how it goes. For "realism" I'm gonna limit him to two-weapon style and "simulate" dex penalties and physical resistance, as for new IR. Gonna let you know how he plays later on. Something tells me testing this is gonna be painful. ;)

Edit - btw, it doesn't seem too unrealistic if he gains such an ability at level 2. Even Paladins don't get immunities at 1st level.

Edited by kreso

Ok, that 99% just become 100%. Simply moving the ability (without changing anything but clab file) to level 2 made my BG2 Berserker not get frenzy. :(

Fixed it - move dvcl323's second effect to external spl and 146 it. ToB works fine now.
Do you mean clabbed dvcl323 uses a permanent 146 which calls the 232? Or something else? I'm not sure I'm following you... Edited by Demivrgvs
Do you mean clabbed dvcl323 uses a permanent 146 which calls the 232?
Yep, in its most obvious form. Move frenzy from dvcl323 to dvcl323d and call the latter via 146. Timing mode doesn't seem to matter, 146 doesn't get saved anyway after it is executed.
Do you mean clabbed dvcl323 uses a permanent 146 which calls the 232?
Yep, in its most obvious form. Move frenzy from dvcl323 to dvcl323d and call the latter via 146. Timing mode doesn't seem to matter, 146 doesn't get saved anyway after it is executed.
Tested, and it works indeed! I love you man. ;) Ok, now I think I need one more shell spl to make it trigger only 5% of times, but after that everything should be fine. I'll edit Dieahrd to use this system too (just in case anyone create a ToB-only character). Edited by Demivrgvs
Ok, now I think I need one more shell spl to make it trigger only 5% of times, but after that everything should be fine.
I think dvcl323c already has 5%.

I'll edit Dieahrd to use this system too (just in case anyone create a ToB-only character).
Diehard works fine in ToB without changes. Only Frenzy gained at 1st level needs to be shelled.

PS And yes, beers for us, we've got it!

Edit: It actually seems I can directly set the external dvcl323d to 5%.
Wouldn't it affect the acquiring of the frenzy effect itself, not its behavior? Edited by Ardanis
I think dvcl323c already has 5%.
Yeah, but I was using that 323c instead of yours 323d. :D

Edit: It actually seems I can directly set the external dvcl323d to 5%.
Wouldn't it affect the acquiring of the frenzy effect itself, not its behavior?
Yep, nvm, I was wrong. :)

I'll edit Dieahrd to use this system too (just in case anyone create a ToB-only character).
Diehard works fine in ToB without changes. Only Frenzy gained at 1st level needs to be shelled.
o.O And why would Diehard work fine when Frenzy did not, coded in the old way?

PS And yes, beers for us, we've got it!
Vodka for us! :D

P.S Re-enabling G3 chat would be really cool though. Just look at how many posts we put on this topic the last few hours! :D

Edited by Demivrgvs
o.O And why would Diehard work fine when Frenzy did not, coded in the old way?

Diehard works in beta15 with ToB generated character. In new beta16, it doesn't. I tried removing 323 from clab, thinking it may be blocking it - it still didn't work.

Diehard works in beta15 with ToB generated character. In new beta16, it doesn't. I tried removing 323 from clab, thinking it may be blocking it - it still didn't work.
Well, that's really weird, because I've only changed dvcl323 to get everything to work as expected. But then, what isn't weird with this thing :D

I cannot test this anymore, but I'm fairly certain that it worked 2 days ago, up until the "silent" beta16 was uploaded. If it hasn't been changed, why did it stop working?!

I guess logic and BG are incompatible. :) Regradless, it's great you have it fixed.

Well, just to be sure I've tweaked both Frenzy and Diehard to use the bigger shell system. :) Everything seems fine now, except...

...in my install Diehard still doesn't regen a single hp at level 11 (portrait icon is displayed though), when set to 1hp every 6 sec. It works with a faster regen rate (e.g. level 14's 1 hp every 3 sec). Could it be some disabled option from my ToBEx? Something similar to multiple repeating EFF not working without ToBEx? Arda can you look into this? I could simply use a faster regen rate at level 11, but I want to know what's wrong anyway.

@kreso, isn't it easier if you just test the Berserker on BG2 with a fully working IR? Only phisical resistance would be missing. Btw, as soon as my Diehard issue is fixed I'll upload once again b16, with a fully working Berserker.

Edited by Demivrgvs