Kit Revisions Beta 20

Why don't you just assume that they try to play the whole BGT experience and ... ouh yeah, you forgot the HLA's again... so that's a no, great. It's not like it's intergated part of the game.... yes, that's irony.
Thinking about HLA's, class which suffers the most delay is monk. Given the abilities they get instead (most notably Slow Time and 19th level Ki pool upgrades) it's kind of balanced out.
Well the largest change is for the druid... and I thing the componet probably should also change the druid stronghold quest a bit...

But if you wish to force something, I would set the new kit abilities to a set level, remember that you can set the level requirement to what you wish. If the Monks Ki pool enlargement has this, then you are welcome to set it to the level 50 for all I care... just make sure you have 23 other abitities available to fill in the caps between that and the preset 18th level and about 10 of those should be able to be taken multiple times.

Ouh, and I would propose to have the HLA summons have their own component which makes them(vanilla) either 7th and 9th level spells or(like Refinements) a 10th level special abitities. Erhm, I think I said this before somewhere... didn't get a responce then... like with most of my posting, nope I am not crasy, just insane. devil.gif

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Archer gets Called Shot at 1st level, it seems to be usable at melee as well (not that anyone would use it that way).

He can also obtain GM in crossbows, I don't know if this is intended. Also, he can use all shields.

Archer gets Called Shot at 1st level, it seems to be usable at melee as well (not that anyone would use it that way).
Ops, fixed the first issue. I cannot reproduce the latter, as my files show Archer's CS to include only "ranged hit EFF". Are you sure about it?

He can also obtain GM in crossbows, I don't know if this is intended. Also, he can use all shields.
Will fix.

Edit: @Jarno, I do reply to you when you are not simply going insane as you usually like to do. ;) Btw, regarding HLAs, I said I will work on them as soon as all warriors are done.

Edited by Demivrgvs
Ops, fixed the first issue. I cannot reproduce the latter, as my files show Archer's CS to include only "ranged hit EFF". Are you sure about it?

Will check again.

EDIT:

It works with range only. :D

Edited by kreso
Archer seems to get a slightly better spellbook.
Compared to who? Right now Ranger and Archer have the very same spellbook.

Btw, I've been away for a week in the only place in the world without a damn wi fi connection. I'll try to catch up with everything as fast as possible.

Demi, you still working on this? I hope it's not Beastmaster giving you too much headache.

Yes, and no. That kit indeed requires much more time than the others but I also had tons of real life issues which slowed me down, and now I'm focusing the little spare time I have on IR. Within 2-3 days my job on it will be finished once and for all, regardless of how many more things I might wish to do (I needed a deadline to avoid endless delays), then I'll be back on KR full-time.

That being said, the Beast Master might wait a little bit more imo, as I'd probably focus on:

- small change to Barbarian's Cleave (we might try to re-implemented Leap Attack as part of Cleave)

- Berserker's suggested changes (Improved Power Attack & revised Frenzy focusing even more on dmg over speed)

- True Ranger (I'm adding a Quarry ability, and following the huge feedback you guys gave me I might have a bunch of ideas)

- Archer (other than removing CS at level 1 I don't know if it needs many changes...we'll discuss it in the relative topic)

- last but not least, Cavalier and Undead Hunter really needs some polishing imo

Don't you think we have enough to do there? :)

Yes, and no. That kit indeed requires much more time than the others

I understand. There is a mod on SHS,, you might want to check it out if you didn't already. Don't know what your exact implementation plans are (imo, if it features 2much work like scripting etc. I'd vote for a simple 1xday usable ability "summon pet" (or animal, whatever) which stays until dies or 8 hours past).

As for Cavalier, that "Challenge" feat could very well be implemented via Berserk opcode on both him and target. Not only would this increase his value drastically, he'd be the only kit which can "force" others into attacking him, making him a defender extraordinaire and a truly unique figure.

Don't you think we have enough to do there? :)

Sure...just don't bug yourself too much over Beastmaster. Anyhow, looking forward to armors with damage resistance without NI tinkering.

This could be me being very dumb, but I am playing a monk with the latest kit revisions installed, when I click on the ki pool outside of combat it gives me the options appropriate for my level, when I'm in combat however it just gives me the ki pool icon and then no secondary options.

What am I doing wrong?

I am playing BGEE with no other mods, but this also happened on a heavily modded BG2 game.

P.S Even without the special abilities monk is very much holding his own in my game!

This could be me being very dumb, but I am playing a monk with the latest kit revisions installed, when I click on the ki pool outside of combat it gives me the options appropriate for my level, when I'm in combat however it just gives me the ki pool icon and then no secondary options.

What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea. o.O The Monk worked fine for all other beta testers, but regardless this is a very weird issue. Are you sure you are not selecting something else before choosing the ki ability from the sub menu?

What am I doing wrong?

I am playing BGEE with no other mods, but this also happened on a heavily modded BG2 game.

P.S Even without the special abilities monk is very much holding his own in my game!

Are you giving your monk orders in between using Pool and then selecting an ability? Try setting autopause on "spell cast".

Just checked myself, and it's working properly.

Edited by kreso

Hmm, not sure how I could be giving the monk a different different order

Hopefully, for clarity the process I am using is:

1. Pause in combat
  2. Click on star
  3. Click on ki pool icon (there is also a stunning blow icon next to ki pool iconas well?)
  4. sub - menu comes up with ki step etc
  5. Select the ability from the pool
  6. unpause and monk should activate ability.

This works outside of combat but when in combat after step three it just goes back to the main screen?

Thanks for your help