Kit Revisions Beta 20

Ok, I just went back an had a quick look and realised it's not about combat, it's when the game is paused I can't access the sub menu
Weird. Can you confirm this issue kreso? Did vanilla's Spell Immunity shared this problem? :(

there is also a stunning blow icon next to ki pool iconas well
Do you mean you have the option of selecting Stunning Blow outside the Ki Pool? I cannot check right now but I'm 100% sure KR's clab file doesn't even mention vanilla's Stunning Fist. Are you using a character generated before installing KR?
Ok, I just went back an had a quick look and realised it's not about combat, it's when the game is paused I can't access the sub menu
Weird. Can you confirm this issue kreso? Did vanilla's Spell Immunity shared this problem? :(

Yes, it has the same issue. If you make another action prior to choosing what SI you want, the spell is wasted. But why would you change this anyway? It's the game behaviour. It's not like there is a "casting time" involved.

there is also a stunning blow icon next to ki pool iconas well
Do you mean you have the option of selecting Stunning Blow outside the Ki Pool? I cannot check right now but I'm 100% sure KR's clab file doesn't even mention vanilla's Stunning Fist. Are you using a character generated before installing KR?

It's the Quivering Palm icon, not Stunning Fist he gets next to Ki Pool. Stunning Fist is correctly under Ki Pool.

Edited by kreso

Apologies you're quite right it is quivering palm.

I am not sure what you meant by choose another action? When I click on ki pool I can't even see the sub menu when I'm paused so I can't choose the action

It is possible to pause - go to ki pool - unpause - click on ki pool - pause - choose option - unpause so I can just do that but it seems a lot of trouble just to choose one option for one character.

Don't mind which you choose if it's not a bug I'll happily live with my workaround - thanks for all the hard work

Edited by James

Afaik it's possible if you use autopause. But I don't understand your problem, tbh. By another action I mean clicking anywhere on the screen apart from abilities (moving, attacking, selecting a different character) - these will all make pool fizzle...but these are same things that exist in vanilla game. Is it any different if you cast Spell Immunity spell?

Sorry using BGEE at the moment so don't have access to SI. I am not clicking anywhere else, it's just while paused I can't even access the sub menu, when I click on the ki pool it goes straight back to the main hotbar for that character without displaying the ki arrow, ki step etc

Sorry can't think of a way to make it clearer at the moment, I am a fairly casual player and only use a few mods normally, I will have a think and see if I can express it better

thanks for responding

@James, we do understood your issue, the problem is that afaik that's not something I can "fix" because it's not an error on my side but the way the engine works. :( If you want to take your time when selecting Ki Pool abilities just pause the game after selecting Ki Pool, or unpause right after selecting it and then pause again.

@James, we do understood your issue, the problem is that afaik that's not something I can "fix" because it's not an error on my side but the way the engine works. :( If you want to take your time when selecting Ki Pool abilities just pause the game after selecting Ki Pool, or unpause right after selecting it and then pause again.

No problem thanks for your help

It does indeed work with BG2:EE.

But it does deserve an update :D

Some toughts:

- nerfing Fighter's Called Shot (ranged version) so that it disables movement instead a full Trip

- ditto Archer

- Berserker revised - I tried numerous things. One thing I'd prefer to be reverted is that Rage has immunities - AI controlled Berserkers would benefit greatly with this.

I experimented with removing "on-hit" Frenzy and increasing "when hit" to 10%, reducing the Frenzy to 12 seconds and re-implementing enchantement immunities to Rage innate (Rage=Controlable Frenzy without Berserk), applying worse penalties (-4 saves, AC, potions and all abilities dissalowed) and removing THAC0 bonuses completely from the Kit. He got scalable damage (4,8,12) instead of +1 APR.

I ended up with a very bad tanking character who relied on Rage to keep himself controlable if focused, which in turn delivered very big damage. Didn't find him OP by any means (apart when he scores a critical, then he levels everything :p ).

My new implementation I can't yet get to work properly, and I don't know if the idea has any merit:

Basically, his bonuses increase as he lowers his health - less than 50%, he can't use potions or be disabled, controlabe

-less then 25% - full Frenzy - large damage increase, uncontrolable.

Ranger - Quarry ability implementation

Barbarian - jumping attack :p

And please consider implementing Stalker (at least early level casting, invisibility or similar).

It seems that every time I check these forums, kreso has a new implementation of the Berserker. :p
LOL :D

@kreso, the next version will pretty much include everything you're wishing for. ;) The Stalker really isn't a problem, the only reason it wasn't there in the current version was that in theory it should be out after the Beastmaster and not before it.