Kit Revisions Beta 20

Unfortunately this week I kinda got zero time to turn my home pc on. I was always around or at work, but I am free now before lunch, and tomorrow morning again. Let's see, I'll try to post about them asap, and if we manage to agree on everything I should be able to give you the base class and the Archer within either today (unlikely) or tomorrow (almost surely).

Edited by Demivrgvs
About new beta:

Will it include some refinements to Cavalier, UH, Berserker, or only add Ranger+Archer?

I'm only adding the Ranger and Archer. I had a few changes in mind, mostly for the Cavalier, but most are on hold because I'm either not fully sure or they cannot be implemented.

Am I forgetting something we discussed and should be included?

Let's see..

True Fighter - seems ok... Played a bit more in BG1, again a nice surprise with Offensive Stance + Longbow, damage over 11-12 per hit. He's good.

Kensai - nerfing apr with Ki Dodge level 19 upgrade. Not sure what you had in mind (or how). Am not against setting APR to 0; it would still serve it's purpose (surviving CS HLA when you fail to send a tank to do his job).

Wizard Slayer - well, you might want to change spell failure to either 49 or 40 % chance so SCS mages can actually cast something.

Undead Hunter - ??

Berserker - ??

Cavalier - what's your worries?

Paladin - I just played today a no-reload with him, Durlag's Tower ended it. Given his immunities (and his LoH healing poison) I'm not against him being immune to both Poison and Disease (Poison immunity is very rare in BG1, I think only Spider's Bane has it). Anyway, doesn't really matter in BG2 (it would be nice in BG1), just an idea.

Inqusitor seems fine as he is.

Barbarian - I don't know how you stand with re-implementing Leap Attack. Maybe, a small chance when he strikes(or kills) an enemy, he gains +2 damage/THAC0, +x movement speed? That's not Leap by any means however :( . I still think that his Cleave level 9 upgrade is a bit too much.

Monk - immunity to Haste/Slow re-introduced

@kreso, useful recap thanks. :D

Fighter - for now it seems fine

Barbarian - "+2 damage/THAC0, +x movement speed" is pretty much what it had in one of the first betas, fine with me using it instead of 2 apr at level 9 until I manage to find a better implementation

Berserker - I still need feedback from other testers, but it seems we managed to make it more balanced for BG1 and not perfect but sightly better for BG2

Kensai - 0 apr while using Ki Dodge

Wizard Slayer - 40% miscast for SCS compatibility (49% sounds silly imo - I know I could lie about it within description saying it's still 50%, but I prefer to not do it)

Monk - yes, immunity to Haste/Slow re-introduced

Paladin - I don't think this class needs any boost, the only changes I can foresee for later versions is a slightly refined aura system and new spells

Cavalier - I wanted to give him those PnP shield-based abilities, but the opcode doesn't work as expected. Arda asked A64 to look into it, but for now my hands are tied

Inquisitor - yeah, I'm not excluding further refinements but for now it seems a pretty solid class

Undead Hunter - no idea right now

@kreso, useful recap thanks. :D

Np, but I probably missed something.

Barbarian - "+2 damage/THAC0, +x movement speed" is pretty much what it had in one of the first betas, fine with me using it instead of 2 apr at level 9 until I manage to find a better implementation

I have vague memory of it, yes. K.

Wizard Slayer - 40% miscast for SCS compatibility (49% sounds silly imo - I know I could lie about it within description saying it's still 50%, but I prefer to not do it)

I'd lie, but that's just me. :D

Actually you could say that the effect makes the caster miscast half the time. ... as without persentage, the 1% difference doesn't count for anything... large.

See, this way you don't actually have to lie, you just don't have to tell everything... take a lession from Imps, and implie... devil.gif

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Level 1 Offensive stance is missing melee damage, and missile damage bonus is applied twice.
Fixed thanks.

Btw, tomorrow you'll have the Ranger and Archer. ;) Sorry for taking so long, I've been too busy. :(

Np. I did notice that my longbow fighter was doing quite a bit of damage and Berserker didn't benefit none from Offensive Stance.

P.S.

I knew I forgot something - Wizard Slayer armor - medium or light? I'd vote medium now. It gives him much more versitality, at least in BG1, and in BG2 difference becomes almost non-existent. I'd still remove medium shields (these allow for tanking much more than armor) from them (even if I have no clue wich usability flags are/could be used for that - bard's maybe - limit him to chain/buckler?)

Edited by kreso