Kit Revisions Beta 20

I must have messed up quite a few things judging by the multiple failed installs.

:D I once blew a complete install when tweaking Improved Haste, so take your time. I probably (surely) won't be able to playtest today since I need to get up from bed in 7 hours but I'd like to install it tonight so I can put SCS on top of it (takes 3 hours on my prehistoric laptop to get BGT+SCS) and go to sleep.

I must have messed up quite a few things judging by the multiple failed installs.

:D I once blew a complete install when tweaking Improved Haste, so take your time. I probably (surely) won't be able to playtest today since I need to get up from bed in 7 hours but I'd like to install it tonight so I can put SCS on top of it (takes 3 hours on my prehistoric laptop to get BGT+SCS) and go to sleep.

Sorry to have failed you guys, I should have learn by now that it's best to slowly package each update instead of waiting ages to merge tons of changes at once. Anyway, I have football tonight, but I should be back in time to hopefully upload it as long as making it install without issues is doable.

I am in no hurry. kreso might actually transform into a berserker if he has to wait too long, however.

:D I already tweaked him similar to what he will be in next beta (I don't know if there will be other changes than what was written or the exact percentage probabilities), but am reluctant to play it yet. I'm actually rather excited about Rangers now - all of the changes look really good....I'll probably leave Minsc as a true Ranger now, which I haven't done since 2007 or so.

And I still have to install SCS on top of it, which takes hours. It's probably a wide-scale consipracy Demi & DavidW are plotting.

I am in no hurry. kreso might actually transform into a berserker if he has to wait too long, however.

:D I already tweaked him similar to what he will be in next beta (I don't know if there will be other changes than what was written or the exact percentage probabilities), but am reluctant to play it yet.
Berserker's changes are just the ones I described:

- Frenzy on hit removed from clab file (that was the permanent always active variant)

- added 10% chance per hit to go on a Frenzy while using Offensive Stance

- additional 20% chance to enter a Frenzy while enraged (total of 30% per hit)

- Frenzy +1 apr replaced by +2/+3/+4 damage at levels 1,10,19 (note that these stack with both OS values and hardcoded +2 from berserking, thus a frenzied berserker gets +6/+8/+10 dmg on each hit while using OS, without counting Rage's dmg bonuses!)

It's not a revolution, though replacing increased apr with high dmg is a relatively big change both conceptually and in terms of balance), but being able to decide to play safe (aka not using Offensive Stance) is the thing I need to be tested.

I'm actually rather excited about Rangers now - all of the changes look really good....I'll probably leave Minsc as a true Ranger now, which I haven't done since 2007 or so.
The more I refine the True Ranger the more I think Minsc as a ranger makes really no sense. Can you see Minsc hide to scout the area, move slowly to track his target or take his time to study an opponent and designate it as his quarry? Not to mention that Minsc casting spells is kinda silly.

The only thing that relates Minsc to a ranger is Boo, but it's hardly a real animal companion and more part of his crazyness imo. Minsc is just a typical rashemar barbarian/berserker on the typical quest/ordalia with a young witch.

And I still have to install SCS on top of it, which takes hours. It's probably a wide-scale consipracy Demi & DavidW are plotting.
In the end the delay was a good thing because tonight Arda helped me out with quite a few things that needed to be tested sooner or later such as:

- Undead Hunter limited to medium armors

- True Ranger limited to medium armors

- rangers now roll d8 for hit points

- Stalker limited to thief-like weapon selection

Unlike most previous versions of KR, this time around there's a huge amount of things I still consider in a real beta stage (such as Cavalier's Challenge and Shield Other abilities). I hope you guys doesn't mind, but trying things out in-game is the only way to truly determine how they perform (e.g. it's important to know if reducing ranger's hit points and/or armor restriction act as a huge nerf or a tolerable one).

(e.g. it's important to know if reducing ranger's hit points and/or armor restriction act as a huge nerf or a tolerable one).

It sounds manageable with IR, but I must admit that it does make the concept of the Archer even more appealing in comparison.
I know, though with the imminent new IR medium armors 10-15% damage resistance will play an even more crucial role in terms of survivability (a True Ranger would still have slightly better AC on top of better damage resistance). Archer's light armors only offer 5% protection, which combined with d8 HDs will make this kit particularly vulnerable. Anyway, we'll see, that's why the beta stages are crucial for this mod imo, as balancing classes is hugely more difficult to do than balancing items and spells. Edited by Demivrgvs

Ok, I've re-done all the packaging from the beginning and now it installs fine. Arda stuff is there too (we now include ToBex to handle a few things). I cannot stay up to help with the release because I need to wake up very early, thus I prefer to upload it tomorrow when I can be around to quickly help with eventual fixes or to apply necessary changes on the fly. I'm at home tomorrow after lunch, and I'll stick around till dinner, maybe even during the night. ;)

Edited by Demivrgvs

Beta 19 is up. Let's see what I screwed up this time around. :D

Beta 19:

- Stalker class added

- Called Shot (Trip) fixed to not allow multiple hits against the same target

- slightly nerfed all Called Shots save penalties (slower progression, capped at -2)

- Barbarian's Great Cleave replaced by Cleave Through

- slightly altered Berserk's gameplay mechanic (e.g. Frenzy triggers only when using Offensive Stance)

- Paladin's spellbook minor adjustments

- Cavalier Smite Evil replaced by Challenge Evil

- Cavalier no longer gets Lay on Hands

- Cavalier regains Divine Spellcasting with semi-unique spellbook

- Undead Hunter now has a semi-unique spellbook

- Undead Hunter is now restricted to medium armors

- True Ranger's spellbook heavily revised

- True Ranger now gain a new Quarry ability

- True Ranger is now restricted to medium armors

- all rangers now roll d8 for hit points

Weird. I just created a Berserker and he didn't get any Offensive Stance ability.

Cavalier gets "Remove Fear" special ability.

Stalker can use any weapon.

Apart from that, the new spells really look great.

Edited by kreso
Weird. I just created a Berserker and he didn't get any Offensive Stance ability.

Cavalier gets "Remove Fear" special ability.

Just checked:

- Berserker clab file do list ga_dvcl324, aka the custom Offensive Stance at level 1

- Cavalier's Remove Fear doesn't even exist with KR, spcl222 is the currently disabled Heroism innate, and there's no mention of it in the relative clab file

What the hell is going on?

Ok. I checked the CLAB of Berserker, he should get DVCL324, but there's no such spell in overrride.

Error in setup file. You forgot this line:

COPY ~kit_rev/data/fighters/berserker/dvcl324.spl~ ~override~

Edited by kreso