Kit Revisions Beta 20

You asked for them, here they are. ;) Let's see how these revised tables work, and if the xp progression messes up anything or not.

Beta 14:

- added revised thac0 tables

- added revised saving throws

- added revised XP progression

- paladin's auras bypass magic resistance

- fixed Inner Focus causing a ctd with its level 10 update

- Slow Time duration fixed, casting time increased from 0 to 1

You da man!

I'm going to start a heavily tweaked game...in fact, still installing the mods in my free time...if there is a conflict I should find it.

Oh...no npc mods though...

Anyway, I should be able to give more feedback. KR is pulling me away from other free time projects! :)

Edited by Grammarsalad

Kensai gained offensive stance after using defensive stance.

I do not seem to have any revised saves. If I'm not mistaken, they are vanilla. also xp tables sr. to be unchanged. I'll check the 2das later. I have a number of mods installed though none that mess with saves or level progression (do any?)

Revised thac0 seems to be good so far

Edited by Grammarsalad

Happened to me as well. Weird.

I do not seem to have any revised saves. If I'm not mistaken, they are vanilla. also xp tables sr. to be unchanged. I'll check the 2das later. I have a number of mods installed though none that mess with saves or level progression (do any?)

Revised saves are working only for Monk and Cleric classes.

Level progression is working fine, THAC0 as well.

@Grammarsalad

I believe that Kit Revisions should be installed last. Not only for the convinience of uninstall/reinstall, but there's a number of mods and their components (BG2 Tweaks for example, which usually goes near end) which will change .2da files. For as long as you install Kit Revisions last you shouldn't be worried about other mods, I think.....

You might try directly copying 2.da files from Kit_rev folder to your Override folder, that should fix it. It did fix saving throws for me.

I peeked in .tp2 file, and have no idea why Revised Saving Throws don't get copied over during setup (apart Monk and Cleric).

Here as well, I kind of like it, but imo this should be used together with EXP Tables, at least for BG1.

Happened to me as well. Weird.

To fix one issue I've created another issue, and worse. :( I'll be on it right away

I peeked in .tp2 file, and have no idea why Revised Saving Throws don't get copied over during setup (apart Monk and Cleric).
Mmm... I'll tweak the tp2 to pick those files individually, that should work.

Here as well, I kind of like it, but imo this should be used together with EXP Tables, at least for BG1.
Yeah, generally revised thac0 should be fine with or without revised XP tables imo, but within BG1 the boost might be too much for classes which had super fast level ups like rogues.

I'll try to fix the issues as fast as possible and re-upload, then paladins will shortly follow. ;)

Edited by Demivrgvs
I'll try to fix the issues as fast as possible and re-upload, then paladins will shortly follow. ;)
Does this mean Paladins will be available to play today?
Yes, I pretty much finished them yesterday, but when it was time to start packaging everything I had to leave and I got back home only to sleep. :) I'll upload the fixes as soon as I get back from work, then I'll start packaging the new classes.

Yes, I pretty much finished them yesterday, but when it was time to start packaging everything I had to leave and I got back home only to sleep. :) I'll upload the fixes as soon as I get back from work, then I'll start packaging the new classes.

Great. As a sidenote, and completely off-topic, is it possible to tweak (the dirty way) Imp.haste via NI to grant +2 apr instead it's double apr?

Should I just change

Type Haste = Modify apr

Modifier Type inc/dec

Index 2 apr?

I wouldn't care about movement speed bonus, tbh, since with Boots of speed it feels like flying...just a quick and dirty method.

Great. As a sidenote, and completely off-topic, is it possible to tweak (the dirty way) Imp.haste via NI to grant +2 apr instead it's double apr?

Should I just change

Type Haste = Modify apr

Modifier Type inc/dec

Index 2 apr?

I wouldn't care about movement speed bonus, tbh, since with Boots of speed it feels like flying...just a quick and dirty method.

It's a bit more complicated. You cannot decide the # of apr with Haste opcode (16), your best bet is to set its type to 1 (normal haste), then manually add +1 apr with the slightly unreliable apr opcode (1). I fear SCS actually checks for Improved Haste state (differentiating it from normal Haste), thus I don't know how the current SCS might respond to such change. Let's say it's worth discovering. :)

Btw, if you wish, I might work on the spell myself and provide it to you.

Ummmmm....let's just say I didn't backup, have biffed and putting imp.haste from SR fixes didn't work to fix what I've done.... :D

Anyways.

I did what I said tought it would work. Kind of works, actually. But for some strange reason (must be hardcoded, and should have checked if I could tweak it in ToBex)

it only goes up to 5 apr. I tested it on a character with 4 (dual wielding). Imp.haste, if you could call it that way, added 1, regardless of what number I put in Index field. Aerie, for some reason, benefited from 2 extra attacks. It is apperantly coded never to exceed 5 apr without Haste effect, at least that's what I was thinking.

So, armed with that knowledge, I decided to add Haste effect to that spel lof mine as well.

Not only did it not work properly, I started getting CTD the moment I click on spellcasting icon. NI botched up as well, and could no longer read the file. I must have done something really wrong.

So, reinstalling backup and mods now.

And yes, SCS has a custom spell (DW prefix) for imp.haste. I don't know how this would reflect in game, however. Enemies can keep double apr, I don't mind. They don't wield Crom Fayer or Vorpal sword anyway.

EDIT:

For your suggestion...if it's not too time consuming.

Edited by kreso

Yeah, without using the Haste opcode you cannot go over 5 apr. One of the many reasons I was suggestion you to use both haste and apr opcode, not just the latter. ;)

Anyway, np, tweaking IH and attaching it somewhere for you won't be hard (and is beneficial for the planned SR changes), but you will have to wait a couple of hours because I'm not at home right now.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Tnx a million. The thing is, since Imp.haste is seriously imbalanced as it is, there's very little (apart refraining myself to use it, but that causes another issue) in way of at least approximating true power of warrior classes at higher levels.

Otoh, changing it like this will also add to importance of WW attack.

Upload it when it's convinient for you, no rush. ( Ever since summer holidays began I forget that people go to work regardless of summer.)

Btw, should I just copy the file then to my Override, or to spell rev??

Thank you for this mod! I'll begin playing with it right now! :-)

Maybe just 1 typo in tp2 or it is intended: same designated number for Saving Throws and XP Progression so just 1 of them gets installed.

Thank you again. Waiting for rest of pallys like kreso. :-)