Kit Revisions Beta 20

After some more testing, (I needed to find a mage who uses nothing but stoneskin, and another who uses only Mirror Image) it appears Ki Shout damage doesn't bypass any of these protections. Save still has to be made.
Stoneskin absorbing the damage is acceptable imo as long as we assume force effects created by the Ki energy are physical. It still doesn't absorb the kinetic energy, and a mage who fail the save will be knocked down, which is what you care the most, no?

For Mirror Image protecting from it it's as Kalindor says, I have to tweak Mirror Image itself to take the new AoE effect into account.

I will test the monk a bit in BG:EE tonight.
Cool, three beta testers on the same class, I couldn't ask more. :)

Uh....monk seems to be getting extra APR every level. At level 2, he has 3 unarmed attacks per round. At level 3, 7/2 per round. The bounus attack seems to apply to all weapons.

He doesn't get any extra attacks at level 4 or 5, then at 6 he gains another APR, for a total of 4. Even more oddly, he does seem to max out at 5 APR.

Edited by kreso
Uh....monk seems to be getting extra APR every level. At level 2, he has 3 unarmed attacks per round. At level 3, 7/2 per round. The bounus attack seems to apply to all weapons.

He doesn't get any extra attacks at level 4 or 5, then at 6 he gains another APR, for a total of 4. Even more oddly, he does seem to max out at 5 APR.

?!? Considering the clab file is empty at level 2 it makes no sense that you gain something at all at that level...I'll look into it.

Extra +1/2 at level 3 and 6 are expected, as well as capping at 5 apr.

Edit: wait a second...are you saying the hardcoded +1/2 every 3 levels is applied to all weapons and not only unarmed strikes?

Edited by Demivrgvs

Ok, this is weird. I can't seem to gain extra apr at lvl 2 again. It get's more weird because I'm not getting extra apr when wielding a weapon. I'm sure it did happen beforehand.

Edited by kreso

After reloading, (the very same game) I get extra attacks! How crazy is that.....sheets for level 4 Monk:

http://s1343.photobu...619a53.png.html - wielding a sword, 2 apr at level 4

http://s1343.photobu...6e0996.png.html - unarmed, 7/2 apr at level 4

Edit:

This is bugged. Definitely happens at level 2 and only after reloading. More BG2 weirdness it seems.

More edit - this happens at level 1, immediately after a reload. Just never reloaded at 1st level. Sorry.

Edited by kreso

After reloading, (the very same game) I get extra attacks! How crazy is that.....sheets for level 4 Monk:

http://s1343.photobu...619a53.png.html - wielding a sword, 2 apr at level 4

http://s1343.photobu...6e0996.png.html - unarmed, 7/2 apr at level 4

Edit:

This is bugged. Definitely happens at level 2 and only after reloading. More BG2 weirdness it seems.

Mmm...if I have to make a wild guess I'd say the bug might be caused by "loading a saved game", similarly to how a bunch of IR items had problems with lowered hit points triggered every time you loaded a game.

@kreso, let's try to track down the source of the bug, and see if we play any part on this issue or not. Can you disable or remove the apr bonus from each mfistx.itm file in your override folder? I'm sure you know how to do it with NI, else I'll do it for you and upload them. Let's see if the issue is caused by that.

I cheated to test some stuff before I start actual gameplay testing...

I) So... I can confirm this. After reloading you get extra attacks till you switch weapons.

At lvl 7 (bg2):

1) before 3 apr

2) after reloading the save game -> 4 apr

3) after switching weapons -> 3 apr

II) At level 19 the monk loses the ability Ki Dodge (the lvl at which it actually should get an improvement). At lvl 18 Ki Dodge is there. Also tested this in TOB.

III) No Slow Time at all.

Edited by Lawlight

I cheated to test some stuff before I start actual gameplay testing...

I) So... I can confirm this. After reloading you get extra attacks till you switch weapons.

At lvl 7 (bg2):

1) before 3 apr

2) after reloading the save game -> 4 apr

3) after switching weapons -> 3 apr

As I guessed it's a damn "load saved game" bug. :( I guess the lesser evil is to grant the +1 apr as an external bonus applied to weapons too. My only concern is that at level 1 a monk wielding a katana with 2 apr is kinda unfair...but other than that it should not be a balance problem (warriors still have better STR and weapon proficiencies - starting with at least +1 to hit and +2 damage at level 1).

II) At level 19 the monk loses the ability Ki Dodge (the lvl at which it actually should get an improvement). At lvl 18 Ki Dodge is there. Also tested this in TOB.
Ki Dodge should have been replaced by the superior Empty Body. Fixed.

III) No Slow Time at all.
Fixed.

New beta incoming...

Edited by Demivrgvs

As I guessed it's a damn "load saved game" bug. :( I guess the lesser evil is to grant the +1 apr as an external bonus applied to weapons too. My only concern is that at level 1 a monk wielding a katana with 2 apr is kinda unfair...but other than that it's should not be a balance problem (warriors still have better STR and weapon proficiencies - starting with at least +1 to hit and +2 damage at level 1).

Well, he will do 3-12 damage with 18 Strenght....it's ok i guess, I like monks with weapons anyway.

IV) Monk class still immune to haste.

Or do you need to update SR for it to work?

? The haste immunity was granted by spcl814, and now it contain only disease immunity...was there an hardcoded immunity too?

Edit: in the meanwhile I've uploaded a beta to fix all the reported issues and make the initial +1 apr apply to all attacks. Speaking of which, an alternative solution is to revert it back to how it was in my first version, with the +1 apr applied only to unarmed strikes and triggering only when attacking. I'm not sure though because it might be misleading, in fact kreso thought the +1 apr was not there at all at first sight.

Edited by Demivrgvs