Kit Revisions Beta 20

Regarding True fighter : something is definitely wrong here. Every round their AC and THAC0 improves by +2. It goes from AC10 (max for no armor or dex bonus) to 4. Then it goes back to 8 (some bonus always applies, but it should be 9, since 8 would be if Tactician gave +2 AC). Am not sure about damage, but THAC0 drops as well. Some screens of what's happening - they were taken 6 seconds apart:

http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/akbugger/media/figh3_zps440b80e4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/akbugger/media/figh2_zpse06db321.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/akbugger/media/figh1_zps4845e67a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

P.S. He is solo, so no bonuses from others.

Leap Attack

Leap attack triggers intermittently. It only sometimes triggers when I am running up to a creature on the periphery of my sight radius. Since at some point during the approach I must have been 10' away, it seems like it should have triggered. Also, it can triggered in melee with a single foe. I am not certain that this isn't due to some other enemy running around the periphery, though. I will look into it further later.
I feared it might cause random issues. It all depends on how well opcoded 232 (cast spell on condition) works with parameter 2 set to "9 - PersonalSpaceDistance('Target',10)", which NI actually displays as "9 - everyround".

If the opcode doesn't work as it should I'll try to find an alternative solution. :(

Tactician

Regarding True fighter : something is definitely wrong here. Every round their AC and THAC0 improves by +2. It goes from AC10 (max for no armor or dex bonus) to 4. Then it goes back to 8 (some bonus always applies, but it should be 9, since 8 would be if Tactician gave +2 AC). Am not sure about damage, but THAC0 drops as well. Some screens of what's happening - they were taken 6 seconds apart:

http://s1343.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1343.photobu...html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1343.photobu...html?sort=3&o=2

I don't understand...all EFF and spl files seems fine now (edit: checked clab file too). It could be something weird going on with repeating EFF. Are you playing with ToBEx in order to fix vanilla's repeating EFF opcode madnes? Afaik if you have IR installed it should have that ToBEx option installed by default by now (@Arda, am I wrong?). Edited by Demivrgvs

http://s1343.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1343.photobu...html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1343.photobu...html?sort=3&o=2

I'm getting a similar issue (same--solo). I started a TOB game (clean install, only fixpack core fixes). My AC seems to shift between 8 and 10. I haven't seen it at 4.

Tactician

Mmm...let's try something out to see if it's the repeating EFF opcode itself doing something wrong. I'm going to make the ability non-stackable, and if that makes the ability work as intended it means opcode 272 has an iffy timing mode.

Brb.

And I who hoped to work on other classes today! :( Anyway, I need to go out now, but I've uploaded a new beta. I've tried what I mentioned in my previous post to fix Fighter's Tactician ability, and I included as a gift the overhaul of Kensai's Ki Pool (simply because I started to work on Monk's semi-identical ability). I had no time to test anything yet, let me know Fighter's Tactician behaves now, or if I screwed something else! :D I'll be back within a bunch of hours.

Beta 11:

- tentative fix for Fighter's Tactician stacking issue

- Berserker no longer receives Diehard multiple times

- fixed Wizard slayer's Magical Defense bonus not properly working

- minor text changes to shorten class descriptions

* Kensai *

- Ki Strike merged into the multi-purpose Ki Pool ability

- Ki Pool allows the use of Ki Strike, Ki Dodge and Ki Step

Edited by Demivrgvs

I don't understand...all EFF and spl files seems fine now (edit: checked clab file too). It could be something weird going on with repeating EFF. Are you playing with ToBEx in order to fix vanilla's repeating EFF opcode madnes? Afaik if you have IR installed it should have that ToBEx option installed by default by now (@Arda, am I wrong?).

ToBEx installs with IR (optional, but I can't play without it anymore). Just checked, EFF opcode fix=1. Will try downloading beta 11 and see if it's fixed now. Sorry for late reply, but got to work from 8-12 in school.

Ok, tried the new Beta. Very fast feedback about Fighters:

Tactician doesn't stack anymore

AC varies from base to +1 bonus (changes every round or so). Same for THAC0.

Called Shot abilities are missing Icons.

Barbarian's Leap attack......It works strangely. It seems a bit broken, can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong but my Barbarian had an extremely low THAC0 during 1 round - see picture. I don't know exactly how this is supposed to work. He moves at lightning speed constantly when enemies are near, delivers big damage and attacks fast (this I'm fine with). Yet, THAC0 of such low value (-70!) is weird, to say the least : http://s1343.photobu...968e98.jpg.html.

Otoh, Berserker is probably the most fun kit I ever played in BG2 (and I played pretty much every kit there is). If I may ask for 1 more implementation (othervise, I think Berserker plays beautifully. Just don't use him for No-reload games. He is a huge liability in cities! Killing chickens, cats and civilians. :D ) - add bit more damage when below 50% health. +2 would do. Of course, this means he'd do very big damage, but I'd like it still. Not that it's needed (kit is fine imo - big damage/immunities to Enchantements balanced by lack of control/AC issues), but adds more to the idea of Blood Rage. Still haven't tried Deathless Frenzy, but will later today.

Anyhow, from what I've read so far for Bards, Clerics, Rangers etc. this mod might easilly be even more than I hoped for (and I knew it would be good). Exellent work, I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Edited by kreso
ToBEx installs with IR (optional, but I can't play without it anymore). Just checked, EFF opcode fix=1.
Good to know it's there, not so good to know that despite it something is still wrong.

Ok, tried the new Beta. Very fast feedback about Fighters:

Tactician doesn't stack anymore

AC varies from base to +1 bonus (changes every round or so). Same for THAC0.

Called Shot abilities are missing Icons.

You mean stats still changes too often? Anyway, as I suspected the problem is that the repeating EFF opcode is set to trigger every 6 seconds but probably triggers more often. :( If that's the case I can only tweak the values hoping to find the correct ones, and/or making the ability not stackable to prevent serious issues.

Regarding the bams I don't know...they seem fine with NI. Do Wizard Slayer's new bams appear instead?

Barbarian's Leap attack......It works strangely. It seems a bit broken, can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong but my Barbarian had an extremely low THAC0 during 1 round - see picture. I don't know exactly how this is supposed to work. He moves at lightning speed constantly when enemies are near, delivers big damage and attacks fast (this I'm fine with). Yet, THAC0 of such low value (-70!) is weird, to say the least : http://s1343.photobu...968e98.jpg.html.
It must be something similar to Tactian stacking issue. My guess is that the opcode actually triggers either every round or every time he sees an enemy despite what IESDP claims. I'll try to fix it asap. If the fix doesn't work I'll probably just include the Leap Attack into the main Cleave feat (you kill a creature and then charge into the next). It's less elegant conceptually, but at least it would work flawlessly.

Otoh, Berserker is probably the most fun kit I ever played in BG2 (and I played pretty much every kit there is).
Wasn't the Barbarian your favorite kit with the previous beta? :D Anyway I'm really glad, I was afraid the frenzied concept could have made him unplayable, but if we manage to keep him fun to play and balanced I really love what I see "on paper".

If I may ask for 1 more implementation (othervise, I think Berserker plays beautifully. Just don't use him for No-reload games. He is a huge liability in cities! Killing chickens, cats and civilians. :D ) - add bit more damage when below 50% health. +2 would do. Of course, this means he'd do very big damage, but I'd like it still. Not that it's needed (kit is fine imo - big damage/immunities to Enchantements balanced by lack of control/AC issues), but adds more to the idea of Blood Rage. Still haven't tried Deathless Frenzy, but will later today.
I'm still pondering quite a few possible small refinements for this kit (though the overall class concept has almost reached its maximum potential imo) such as:

a) increase Frenzy duration to 3 rounds (maybe reverting it to 5% chance per hit if b) is not implemented)

b) adding a "harmless" cooldown to Frenzy to prevent a semi permanent Deathless Frenzy

c) adding a small non-lethal damage post Frenzy (within PnP you actually always take lethal damage each round while frenzied, and while Deathless Frenzy keeps the Berserker alive the damage isn't absorbed, he simply takes all of it when the frenzy ends, probably killing him)

d) higher chance to enter a frenzy when badly injured (this is pretty much what you are suggesting, isn't it?)

Anyway, all of it isn't crucial right now, and I'll wait to have some feedback on Deathless Frenzy true potential before making more considerations.

Anyhow, from what I've read so far for Bards, Clerics, Rangers etc. this mod might easilly be even more than I hoped for (and I knew it would be good). Exellent work, I cannot express my gratitude enough.
:)

Regarding the bams I don't know...they seem fine with NI. Do Wizard Slayer's new bams appear instead?

Old ones are used...Breach and Spell Shield.

If the fix doesn't work I'll probably just include the Leap Attack into the main Cleave feat (you kill a creature and then charge into the next). It's less elegant conceptually, but at least it would work flawlessly.

OK.

Wasn't the Barbarian your favorite kit with the previous beta? :D Anyway I'm really glad, I was afraid the frenzied concept could have made him unplayable, but if we manage to keep him fun to play and balanced I really love what I see "on paper".

Yes, Barbarian is grand. Cleave is awesome in action, and the buffs to Rage duration are exellent as well. But this new Berzerker is something else :D indeed. Frenzy does indeed trigger a lot, almost every round with dual-wielding. I like it, however. You can't control him as well, but it's a nice trade-off for the sheer brutal power this class brings (at least in early SoA) . Mine frenzied Suna Seni encounter solo in less than 30 seconds while Enraged. Sometimes people die faster then the attack animation triggers!

................ I'll wait to have some feedback on Deathless Frenzy true potential before making more considerations.

Actually, my suggestion is simple +2 damage bonus when Regeneration triggers on him (below 50% health). I'll play some more and post feedback later about Deathless Frenzy.

@kreso, I've re-uploaded the beta. It includes a bunch of attempted fixes:

- Called Shot, Disruptive Strike and Inner Focus icon names changed (I think they might need to end with a 'b')

- I've tweaked a little the non-stackable Tactician change, let's see if the values still fluctuates

- I tried the only possible fix to Barbarian's Leap Attack

Old ones are used...Breach and Spell Shield.

Let's hope it's not a problem of the bams themselves. Try the new beta, if they still don't work then panic. :D

Yes, Barbarian is grand. Cleave is awesome in action, and the buffs to Rage duration are exellent as well. But this new Berzerker is something else :D indeed. Frenzy does indeed trigger a lot, almost every round with dual-wielding. I like it, however. You can't control him as well, but it's a nice trade-off for the sheer brutal power this class brings (at least in early SoA) . Mine frenzied Suna Seni encounter solo in less than 30 seconds while Enraged. Sometimes people die faster then the attack animation triggers!
Cool, but remember your "job", if the Berserker ends up being too powerful we need to slightly nerf him, even you love to see him destroying everything on his path. :D

................ I'll wait to have some feedback on Deathless Frenzy true potential before making more considerations.
Actually, my suggestion is simple +2 damage bonus when Regeneration triggers on him (below 50% health). I'll play some more and post feedback later about Deathless Frenzy.
I'll think about it.

P.S They did it again, they stole another of our ideas for D&D Next! :D I've just seen the last update to the Barbarian and they added Regenerative Rage: when enraged the barb gets fast healing if he has less than 50% hit points. Isn't it familiar? Admit it already, either kreso or Ardanis are secretly working for WotC! ;)

Edited by Demivrgvs

Cool, but remember you "job", if the Berserker ends up being too powerful we need to slightly nerf him, even you love to see him destroying everything on his path. :D

Don't worry. Despite my undying love for bloodlusted Rpg characters I won't let it slip past me. Just need more time....wish a day had more hours.

P.S They did it again, they stole another of our ideas for D&D Next! :D I've just seen the last update to the Barbarian and they added Regenerative Rage: when enraged the barb gets fast healing if he has less than 50% hit points. Isn't it familiar? Admit it already, either kreso or Ardanis are secretly working for WotC! ;)

Epic.

I downloaded new Beta.

New icons cause CTD. The moment I open up Called Shots icon for True Fighter, CTD.

For Wizard Slayer, CTD when I open "Special abilities" tab.

Kensai gets his Ki pool filled with "Trip" and "Disarm", no graphics appear on icons but they work as fighter's.

Tactician feat still changes every round from +1 to 0 bonus.

Barbarian Leap seems to be working I guess. When enemies appear, he gains movement speed boost and THAC0 bonus is correctly displayed in character sheet. Sometimes it lasts for more than 1 round. May I ask, just how exactly is this supposed to work? For 1st enemy, every time he sees an enemy, after 1 dies (with Cleave bonus)?

Edited by kreso

I downloaded new Beta.

New icons cause CTD. The moment I open up Called Shots icon for True Fighter, CTD.

For Wizard Slayer, CTD when I open "Special abilities" tab.

Kensai gets his Ki pool filled with "Trip" and "Disarm", no graphics appear on icons but they work as fighter's.

WTF?!? I'll be on it right away.

Tactician feat still changes every round from +1 to 0 bonus.
Sadness. Damn repeating EFF opcode.

Barbarian Leap seems to be working I guess. When enemies appear, he gains movement speed boost and THAC0 bonus is correctly displayed in character sheet. Sometimes it lasts for more than 1 round. May I ask, just how exactly is this supposed to work? For 1st enemy, every time he sees an enemy, after 1 dies (with Cleave bonus)?
Everytime nearest enemy (and only he) is exactly 10 feet away. I guess the opcode doesn't work as IEDSP says. :( I'm strating to think it might be best to simply merge it with cleave. Uff

Tactician - it changes very shortly (back to base) but usually stays at the same value (+1 bonus)

When 2 fighters stand each other (say a) and b))

a) gets +1 to AC, sometimes no bonus

b) sometimes gets +1, sometimes +2

Weird. Anyway, the numbers stay changed from what they should be for such a low time (1 second or so) that I'd call this ok.

Have to go out now.

Tactician - it changes very shortly (back to base) but usually stays at the same value (+1 bonus)

When 2 fighters stand each other (say a) and b))

a) gets +1 to AC, sometimes no bonus

b) sometimes gets +1, sometimes +2

Weird. Anyway, the numbers stay changed from what they should be for such a low time (1 second or so) that I'd call this ok.

Have to go out now.

Better than nothing...but I hate flaws. We might try one more thing: increasing the projectile speed. This thing is crucial to fix because if Tactician doesn't work flawlessly, all paladin's auras will share this flaw. :(