Kit Revisions Beta 20

I'm uploading a new beta. It should finally fix that damn non-enraged Frenzy. Speaking of Frenzy, its +1 apr was there but not working, aka the Berserker was not even close to show his true potential.

@kreso, I've tried a desperate misure to see if we can track down your issue with Called Shots. Technically I've replaced opcodes 284 and 167 with a more simple opcode 54. Let me know if it changes something.

Beta 7:

- fixed Berserker chance to enter a Frenzy when not enraged

- Frenzy now properly adds +1 attack per round

- minor description fixes

You fixed it.

Now lets try that Berserker for a ride :D

Just for clarification on THAC0 from screenshots - Base is 12 for lvl 9 fighter, 6 because +2 axe and GM in axes

(not that it matters now anyway).

P.S.

Berserker seems to be working properly now. Hooray!

Bad news - True Fighter's Tactician feat isn't working at all. No bonuses are added. Another opcode issue?

I still have a clean install.

Edited by kreso
Fighter's Called Shot applies a huge THAC0 bonus +256, or 257. Meaning it never misses.
?!? I just checked and it's correctly -4. What the hell is happening?

Re-installed beta 6 followed by scsii, my kensai PC doesn't get the AC bonuses he should. Also, at 15th level I got 2 uses of deathblow instead of one. All seemed to be fine until I installed scsii, so I tried to uninstall it, and reinstall KR, but It's not working all the same. Probably I've got a messed up install so I'm not really sure it's a reproducible bug, but maybe you can take a look into that.
Kensai AC bonuses are fine in my install. Note that they don't appear as "base AC" bonus in the character sheet but as specific bonuses vs. slashing, piercing, and crushing.

Whooops. My bad :) Somehow I was convinced the ac drop was reported in the character sheet before installing SCSII, and when later it didn't it seemed strange. Sorry.

I'm uploading a new beta. It should finally fix that damn non-enraged Frenzy. Speaking of Frenzy, its +1 apr was there but not working, aka the Berserker was not even close to show his true potential.

This is probably a large part of why the Barbarian was outshining it in my games despite your claims to the contrary. I'll give it another go!

Eidolon, if I recall correctly there is not a means of adding new icons, so Demi must either replace existing ones or co-opt existing ones for the new purpose. I think in this case he has done the latter.

Edited by Kalindor

Called Shot

You fixed it.
Well then I guess one or both opcodes (284 and 167) don't like negative values or something like that...I should probably investigate and report it for IESDP.

Tactician

Bad news - True Fighter's Tactician feat isn't working at all. No bonuses are added. Another opcode issue?

I still have a clean install.

WTF?!? Was there something working from the start? :D I'll look into it asap.

Berserker

Now lets try that Berserker for a ride :D

Berserker seems to be working properly now. Hooray!

Finally! :)

This is probably a large part of why the Barbarian was outshining it in my games despite your claims to the contrary. I'll give it another go!
Indeed, the Berserker you tested was actually lacking one of his most powerful features.

Offensive/Defensive Stance

By the way, I just noticed that Offensive and Defensive Stance are registered in the Character Sheet as Offensive/Defensive Spin. Is this harcoded and unavoidable or an oversight?
They share the portrait icon because we cannot freely add new ones. I was thinking to rename Spin into Stance because the latter can fit well for many uses (e.g. any kind of offensive stance) while the former is clearly limited to Blades.

P.S @Eidolon, sooner or later I'll also fix fighter/druids becoming proficient in weapons they cannot use, I haven't forgot it, I just had little time sorry.

Edited by Demivrgvs
A little bug with Fighter stances. Every time I use it, I get another use of it after resting. Not that it affects gameplay in any way.
I forgot about it, I ran into it ages ago and afaik there's nothing I can do about it. :( That is probably why vanilla game had Paladin's Detect Evil as a 1/day for each level instead of just "at will". Is the cosmetic issue too much noticeable? Using the stance once should re-establish everything again until rest (removing all uses of such stance until the stance duration runs out), am I correct?
It's not a big issue, since you can use Stances at will anyway.
Yeah, but I don't like flaws, even if they are just cosmetic. :(

In the meanwhile I've updated the beta.

Beta 8:

- fixed Fighter's Tactician feat not properly working

- fixed Hardiness description to match the revised ability

- added the missing -4 thac0 penalty when performing Deathblow

I'm getting an install error.

Error loadining kit_rev/data/fighters/true_fighter/dvcl115.spl

Re-uploaded. I have no idea how that file gone missing...

Due to work constraints, I am not going to have time to test anything else for a couple days. I will hop back on the wagon when the HLAs or the Ranger/Paladin revisions are ready.
Ok.