Kit Revisions Beta 20

Also for some reason my WS can't wear (Item revision's) Karajah's leather armor.
In IR it's unusable by classes without spellcasting ability. Forgot to update usability flags for v3?

I probably should've mentioned I'm using the beta. Thanks.

More on topic, there's a typo in Kensai's class description, near to Perfected Kit it says 10th level when it should be 19th

Also for some reason my WS can't wear (Item revision's) Karajah's leather armor.
In IR it's unusable by classes without spellcasting ability. Forgot to update usability flags for v3?
Ehm...sounds like I need to dedicate some more time to IR. :)

More on topic, there's a typo in Kensai's class description, near to Perfected Kit it says 10th level when it should be 19th
Fixed thanks.

I am not sure if this is just bad luck on my part, but the Berserker never seems to Frenzy while playing the Black Pits.
I know sorry, I thought to have fixed it in the last beta but I didn't, with the next version it should finally work.

I've uploaded a new Beta. Let us know what do you think of the new class descriptions.

Beta 6:

- BGEE Barbarian description fix

- many kit description changes

- fixed Barbarian's Cleave not properly working

- fixed Berserker chance to enter a Frenzy when not enraged

I like what you've done with the class descriptions. It is very readable now. Thumbs up!

Barbarian description for Feral Senses reads: "While enraged, barbarian.." should read "While enraged, the barbarian..."

Suggestion: reword last paragraph of Wizard Slayer description to read: "Wizard slayers are excellent fighters, but they sacrifice extensive martial training in favor of anti-magic skills."

It was probably intentionally omitted, but you could add "Cannot be of lawful alignment" to the Berserker's disadvantages section. Similarly, chaotic for the Kensai.

A Berserker's Frenzied state could use some sort of portrait icon for notification.

Looking at the class descriptions, I still don't understand why the fighter kits receive the extra 1/2 attack per round but do not receive the proficiency point in every weapon. It is not at all apparent unless you reach the required level and realize that something is odd.

The proficiency slot screen now has no text describing the levels of specialization. It has the opening few paragraphs and then reads: "Proficiency slot table: *"

Edited by Kalindor
It was probably intentionally omitted, but you could add "Cannot be of lawful alignment" to the Berserker's disadvantages section. Similarly, chaotic for the Kensai.
It was intentionally removed in favor of less "4th wall breaking" lines such as:

- "This wildness is their strength, and it cannot thrive in a lawful soul." Berserker

- "The path of the weapon master is not suited to characters of chaotic nature." Kensai

I don't like "alignment" to be considered a "disadvantage".

Looking at the class descriptions, I still don't understand why the fighter kits receive the extra 1/2 attack per round but do not receive the proficiency point in every weapon. It is not at all apparent unless you reach the required level and realize that something is odd.
Point taken, I'll do something about it.

The proficiency slot screen now has no text describing the levels of specialization. It has the opening few paragraphs and then reads: "Proficiency slot table: *"
Not sure what happened...

Frenzy

A Berserker's Frenzied state could use some sort of portrait icon for notification.
True, I have an idea about it...

Is Berserker's chance to Frenzy really fixed now? I play and play, still nothing happens. They are also supposed to get an extra attack. Shouldn't this be shown in character sheet?
Ahhhrrrgg. I was sure everything was fine now...I'll pay more attention this time around sorry. Be right back. ;) Edited by Demivrgvs

Re-installed beta 6 followed by scsii, my kensai PC doesn't get the AC bonuses he should. Also, at 15th level I got 2 uses of deathblow instead of one. All seemed to be fine until I installed scsii, so I tried to uninstall it, and reinstall KR, but It's not working all the same. Probably I've got a messed up install so I'm not really sure it's a reproducible bug, but maybe you can take a look into that.

Thank you

Re-installed beta 6 followed by scsii, my kensai PC doesn't get the AC bonuses he should.

Try checking out your character sheet. AC bonuses are applied to different weapon types(blunt, piercing, slashing). Base (the big number you see) is 6 for 18 DEX, and it won't change until bracers.

Fighter's Called Shot applies a huge THAC0 bonus +256, or 257. Meaning it never misses.
?!? I just checked and it's correctly -4. What the hell is happening?

Re-installed beta 6 followed by scsii, my kensai PC doesn't get the AC bonuses he should. Also, at 15th level I got 2 uses of deathblow instead of one. All seemed to be fine until I installed scsii, so I tried to uninstall it, and reinstall KR, but It's not working all the same. Probably I've got a messed up install so I'm not really sure it's a reproducible bug, but maybe you can take a look into that.
Kensai AC bonuses are fine in my install. Note that they don't appear as "base AC" bonus in the character sheet but as specific bonuses vs. slashing, piercing, and crushing.

I can confirm the 2x Deathblow at 15th lvl instead. Fixed for Beta 7. :(

Fighter's Called Shot applies a huge THAC0 bonus +256, or 257. Meaning it never misses.
?!? I just checked and it's correctly -4. What the hell is happening?

This. See the bonus to attack roll.

http://s1343.photobu...fe5eca.png.html

http://s1343.photobu...7876a0.png.html

I still don't have a clue...you're using the Trip maneuver, thus dvcl112x.spl, and the files correctly have both 'melee thac0 bonus' (284) and 'ranged thac0 bonus' (167) set to increment type, with a -4 value. Mmm...I suppose your thac0 was normal before using the called shot right?
I still don't have a clue...you're using the Trip maneuver, thus dvcl112x.spl, and the files correctly have both 'melee thac0 bonus' (284) and 'ranged thac0 bonus' (167) set to increment type, with a -4 value. Mmm...I suppose your thac0 was normal before using the called shot right?

Yes, Fighter usually attacks with normal THAC0 of 6. Note that even if I use Disarm maneuver, same thing happens. Somehow the values seem to wrap around 0. Which is odd.

P.S.

Can somebody else confirm this? I don't know if this happens only on my install. Kit Revisions is installed last so I don't think there is any other mod messing up these abilities, but I may be wrong. Somebody with BG:EE?

P.P.S.

I checked the file in Near Infinity. It seems fine for me as well..

P.P.P.S.

I have some good news as well. Tried out a Barbarian. One word - AWESOME! Exellent work!

P.P.P.P.S.

I reinstalled whole BG2. Weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v10

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Revisions by Demivrgvs: Beta 4

~KIT_REV/KIT_REV.TP2~ #0 #100 // Revised Grandmastery: Beta 4.

Same thing happens.

Edited by kreso
Yes, Fighter usually attacks with normal THAC0 of 6. Note that even if I use Disarm maneuver, same thing happens. Somehow the values seem to wrap around 0. Which is odd.
More than odd, unimaginable. I do thought about an eventual "loop issue" (similar to thieves skills going from 255+ to 0) but even if that was possible (I never heard of this happening for thac0), this cannot be the case because your base thac0 is 6 (or 12 in the previous screenshot), thus it cannot even reach 21+ values!

I checked the file in Near Infinity. It seems fine for me as well...
Which leaves me with absolute no clue. If even your files look as they should then it must be something else which I currently cannot imagine. :( Damn...

I have some good news as well. Tried out a Barbarian. One word - AWESOME! Exellent work!
I cannot rejoice for now because of the above issue, but good. I'll wait for a "mini-review" of yours. ;)