Kit Revisions Beta 20

@Andimar, I agree with kalindor. I don't feel comfortable about having a sort of SR's sub-mod done by someone else (not even Arda and Mike would do something like that and they are the ones I trust the most), and while I think your feedback would surely be useful, I also fear having a "branched" version of SR would cause more harm than good. Sorry.

@Lawlight, glad to see you around again too. :)

@Beta testers, Monk is ready. I only need to update the tp2 (I'll surely mess something up because this guys has TONS of new 2da, spl, pro, etc. :D ) and tra files. Then I'll quickly think what to do with Berserker and maybe Kensai, but nothing major for them will happen. The plan still is to release the new beta before going to bed tonight. ;)

Beta 12 uploaded. Let's see how many things I got wrong! :D I left changes for other classes out for now to focus on the Monk a little bit.

I'll take a shower and remain around for a while for quick fixes. ;)

@Mike, does the Monk description string reference need special attention for BGEE? I guess it does...

No extra attack at lvl 1 :) .

Saving Throws bonus at lvl 14 is missing.

No "Slow time" at 17.

Resistance to poison, Charm and disease I'll need to check .

At 11th level (I think) he gets 3% MR.

At lvl 17, looses Ki Dodge.

Other than that, his Ki abilities seem really nice. Teleportation is way cool (many players will like it, I'm sure of it). Ki shout also very nice. Doesn't cut through stoneskins/mirrors.

Ki Arrow damage does seem a bit low....you might want to check on that as well. May be my bad luck only.

Resistance to poison is not in character sheet....I think not working.

Edited:

He's getting extra attack when he's attacking. Weird, but it works.

Ki Shout doesn't go through stoneskin...

Edited by kreso
@Mike, does the Monk description string reference need special attention for BGEE? I guess it does...

Yeah. Replace this:

/* LAF ~GET_KIT_STRREF~ STR_VAR kit_name = ~monk~ RET kit_strref END
STRING_SET_EVALUATE kit_strref @6 // Monk description */
STRING_SET ~45867~ @6 // Fighter description

With this:

OUTER_SET monk_strref = 45867
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgee~) BEGIN
 OUTER_SET monk_strref = 24234
END
STRING_SET_EVALUATE monk_strref @6 // Monk description

No extra attack at lvl 1 :) .
I actually feared and expected it. Our only hope to make the +1 apr restricted to unarmed strike was to grant it via "while equipped" effect on the mfistx.itm files themselves but it might not work...

I'll need a moment to fix this and adjust the description.

Saving Throws bonus at lvl 14 is missing.
I'll look into it and fix it right away.

@Mike, thanks! :)

Edited by Demivrgvs

Re-uploaded.

I've fixed Monk's not getting Diamond Soul at level 14, and I've made an attempt at fixing Flurry of Blow at level 1. Let's hope it works, else I'll be forced to give that +1 apr to weapons too (not that I would mind too much actually). Fixed Monk's BGEE compatibility. :)

Edit: also fixed Monk getting Empty Body added to the Ki Pool at level 16 instead of 19.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Hope you have read my edited post.....it worked when attack commenced. It just wouldn't display as 2 APR on sheet unless you were actually fighting something.

Minor Globe of Invulnearability (and I assume, Globe as well) seem to stop Ki Shout damage. Knockdown is still there, but damage isn't.

Edited by kreso
Hope you read my edited post.....it worked when attack commenced. It just wouldn't display as 2 APR on sheet unless you were actually fighting something.
I've tried something different, let me know if it works. If it doesn't I'll have to revert to the one you were using before (aka "only when attacking").

After some more testing, (I needed to find a mage who uses nothing but stoneskin, and another who uses only Mirror Image) it appears Ki Shout damage doesn't bypass any of these protections. Save still has to be made.