Solo sorcerer weakened?

Folas

The solo sorcerer is in the very top of the most unbalanced things in vanilla BG2. It's a very good thing he is weakened with IR/SR. That means many of the most cheesy items and spells are severley nerfed. Otoh many other spells and items which were underpowered are now a good option and there is a lot more scaling. In the end you will have many more interesting item and spell combinations for offense and defense.

If I want to start playing BG 2 next Monday, I should

[ ] - wait with my installation because it is likely that a new version is released until then (and integrated in the Big World Setup)

[ ] - start installing whenever because it´s gonna take a while still

:p

[ ] - wait with my installation because it is likely that a new version is released until then (and integrated in the Big World Setup)

I don't know sorry, it largely depends on whether or not Mike manages to find some time for it. I do hope we can at least make it as a Christmas gift. :D

I don't know sorry, it largely depends on whether or not Mike manages to find some time for it. I do hope we can at least make it as a Christmas gift. :D

IR and SR would be christmas come true as far as I am concerned ^^ How far are you from finishing SR? And does it include the new V. 4 spells? I am sorry if you find the constant questions annoying, but take it as compliment. For many of us BG is just not what it is supposed to be without those mods!

IR and SR would be christmas come true as far as I am concerned ^^ How far are you from finishing SR? And does it include the new V. 4 spells? I am sorry if you find the constant questions annoying, but take it as compliment. For many of us BG is just not what it is supposed to be without those mods!
We may as well change the topic's name considering we never talk about the Sorcerer here. :D

Btw, yes, I still hope both new releases can happen during these holidays. I've done almost everything for SR, but then moved to KR because SR had to wait anyway for Mike to finish his part on IR and somehow find some time for SR's packaging too. Otoh I think Arda has a bit more free time lately, and I'll be completely free a couple of days from now - that's why I'm kinda optimistic.

As I mentioned a couple of times, I do worked on several new spells, but most of them probably won't be part of this release because I don't have proper icons/bams for them. I'm thinking to ask Kwiat_W if I can borrow a bunch of his cool bams from here, and I still hope Pacek manages to at least provide me the bams he already worked on here. Between those two I could cover quite a lot of things. :)

Any last chance of IR/SR release during Christmas? :)

No pressure guys :p

I don't know myself, I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Mike manages to find some spare time.

One thing I could say though is that starting from the day after tomorrow I will be at home alone for most of these holidays because my girl has to work, and that means that either we release IR/SR or KR will see a huge amount of updates. ;)

I'd be happy to just get a version that consolidates all of the current bug fixes. I think that too much time has been wasted waiting for the big updates when little ones would be just as good. I much prefer modders who do full version updates for most bugfixes as that eliminates the possibilit of me screwing up the multiple pastes required for the hotfixes.

Archived