Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

@Jab: glad the link worked for you! :)

(Um, I did do a good deed, but it was strange: I went to a ATM machine(to get cash from my Mastercard; I know they're called ATM in America) and when I approached the machine, the guy in front of me was retreating, and there was quite a lot of money open in the machine slot - probably 1500$, maybe $2000 - we have 1000/5000r bills, 1000rubles is about 30$. I shouted at the guy, he didn't hear, and entered a building - a bank. I cursed, ran after him, told him he forgot the money and gave him the money(he thanked me twice :) ) and walked away. Heh, he went by one more time when I was in that bank - forgot his plastic bag. :) )

So, my favorite companions are

Melee DPS - Torian
Ranged DPS - Andronicus
Heal - Guss, Malavai

As for tanks, I really don't know - a bit tired of Kaliyo at the moment, though I love her and 4x. Hmm... Skadge, maybe? Khem Val, certainly, but I prefer Andy when I can get him. :) Akavi and Xalec are great, and Scourge, but I always play with healers and Treek. :(

I hope DAI is going to be a REALLY long game! 200 hrs is kind of stretching it, I guess, but 100? Sounds great.

Also I think it's really great that all types of players get "their" romances, and I'd like to say I certainly understand gay players when they want "more", but now I'm in their shoes, too, because Dorian, for example, is a very attractive candidate, and I can't get him as a girl. So we all have something we want. ;)

(Me, I just want at least one good romance option, and between Solas and the qunari and Cullen, it seems I've got plenty of choice. That, and I can romance Dorian with a guy and that cute elven chick. I'm not bothered by the stuff about "to make this character romanceable means that all women/all black women/all elves in this game are ABC", because I'm usually only focused on that character and nothing else. :) )

I'm really interested in Solas' story and him loving an elf, and I'm looking forward to finding out! (but: I have to say I'm really a stanch childfree supporter, but Domi wrote Diriel's seduction and TEH BABY so well that I happily went along with it. It made a very sweet story. And genocide. Um. Ah, well, 'tis Diriel!).

I guess I'll have to accept that my "Amell only" playthrough doesn't make sense - each game has their own protagonist. I always play Hawke as a sarcastic mage who romances Anders, but since the Inquisitor isn't going to be an Amell, I'll make my canon warden a Dalish - my first love. Then again, the Inquisitor is CERTAINLY going to be a Dalish, too! A Dalish mage... mmm!

If Weeks made Legion in ME3, that's amazing. :) Garrus was good, but Garrus in ME3 was truly great, so I don't know. Ah, well, we'll see!

Glad you helped the guy out. Sounds like he was having one of those days.

Meeeeen, sounds like getting into DA is going to be a lot of work. I miss the good old times, when you loaded a game out of the box, and yay!

Anyway, taking a day off today to take Kira to school, so at leisure wanted to try Ilum FP. But i have forgotten that to a L55 it is only available on a HM. So, no go. Started Makeb, and loving it! Pretty! Dialogues are fun! L9 Mats are on the ground! Mobs are falling down when I look at them and frown! I might be a touch overpowered? Even put Treek in tanking mode for now to speed things up & not waste her on healing scratches. :) And, I finally broke the mln barrier on the 3rd alt (Glean the Trooper) after a daring speculation on Bondar crystals, but a lot of her credits are Eric's, I think. At least 300 thou.

In Warzones, things are fine. 5 pieces of Obroan gear so far: 2 relics, bracers, belt and MH. Should hit Valor 4 in the next few days (I am 38) and will swap relics from Obroan to Brutalizer. Then, I dunno, it is either the boots or the OH.

Makeb Imperial side is awesome. You get two great subordinates (actually, I liked the fish head science guy who was working so hard to save the people, too), a fun arc, the scenery is often beautiful, the story is pretty well put together... only for them to ruin it with the bonus (EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT HAPPENED DIDN'T, SURPRISE!). Not sure how it is Republic.

I might let my SWTOR subscription die and move back to DDO or Rift, but I'd miss warzones. Hm. As long as I could still play with you two, I'd be good...

(And Domi, you mentioned you hated IA- but a LS IA can be really sweet. Just make Vector your conscious and go around helping people and doing good for all. And sort of deflecting in the end, if you really want to.)

For Dragon Age, I think there's some like, deluxe box that includes all the DLC and the expansions. If you do get to play it, I recommend playing at least all six of the Origin Stories- all of them are surprisingly entertaining. (I never thought of myself as a Dwarf Person, but my fantastic dwarven princess could rule the world. Totes.)

(I'm changing things in the Keep so she made the Ultimate Sacrifice, though. In my game, a certain SOMEONE thought his desire to be a martyr was greater then mine. Hmph! Pretending he got left at the gates.)

I just... can't really take 'for the babies' sort of thing. It's the reason Drial does nothing for me (sorry, Domi!- the other four are lovely, though). I mean, I love Morrigan, but I rarely do the ritual, because her 'I NEED BABY' is just... ugh, no, girlfriend. If you want to seduce Alistair, you go do that- I'm not playing that game. Having said that, one romance in eight being about babies is reasonable enough, so if that's Solas's thing, I won't really complain. I just won't play his romance and I'll totally dump him for Sara. (Everyone in SWTOR being obsessed with babies suddenly is weird, too (even the non-romancables are all 'I WILL WATCH OVER YOUR BABIES!'), but as it's often mostly in the letters, I can usually ignore it.)

Spent way too long reading fanfiction today... >.>

I think Alistair still shows up, even if you leave him at the gates. He doesn't want to let his beloved die.

As for Morrigan, it depends on how friendly you are with her. Morrigan wants to do the Dark Ritual for her Best friend/Lover because then she doesn't lose someone that she just got close to, and to be honest, I think the Warden is her only friend in the world. Now, if you've been treating her like Alistair, then she's going to be like I want a baby so I can be all powerful!

Now, for Diriel, he doesn't really force you to keep the baby. He's happier if you do, but you can make him abort it, or if you're really angry at him and you've been doing Rizdaer on side you can just outright tell him that the baby is Rizdaer's. Sadly, everytime I try to romance Rizdaer, or Jaemal...I end up going "I could be romancing Diriel right now." Heh. In fact, the same thing happens to me with DA2, I romance someone else, and I'm like "I could be romancing FENRIS right now." I must will myself to romance Merrill.

SWTOR, I really can't explain why everyone is so obsessed with babies.

swotor? no. no. DA yes but only morrigan is obsessed. but she don't care about romance...much. she wants to be immortal like flemeth. but first she wants to be free. baby is a sacrifice. morrigan is evil or at least ambiguous and hmm...complicated. she is of course soften and covered, her true motives concealed by gaider and co. quite skillfully (for a computer game) - they did pretty good job, people bitching about morrigan are clueless "dumbfucks" in my humble opinion.

flemeth is a unique powerful maleficar and more - she has free will. she is able to control her madness, she's not controlled by it herself like all other abominations. she can transform back and forth at will. orsino for example can not - imo hes full transformation is final. morrigan simply wants to be like her mother. free and immortal.

ps. epic stuff ;]

And Domi, you mentioned you hated IA- but a LS IA can be really sweet. Just make Vector your conscious and go around helping people and doing good for all. And sort of deflecting in the end, if you really want to.

The way it went so far, I found DS options more appealing because for the love of all gods, I do not want to help some multitude of nameless people, I want to help BalRes (and Eagle) and kill those who betray the resistance - and help me. Because in the long run the nameless people would benefit more if the terrorists destroy the Empire's power structure.

Found a lovely contest: http://www.weritsblog.com/2014/09/show-your-stronghold-giveaway.html - 5000 cartel coins and ten Tauntaun Fawn pet codes! I'd love a pet code, myself. I'm not sure about making a video of my stronghold, though - never tried it.

My Imperial main guild is being disbanded - aww, too bad, it's either joining the Imperial Wolves or, well, staying in a dead guild, which is a pity.

I might also just make my char join DevNor or something, I guess.

Anyway, I'm mostly playing in the stronghold and trading now. Played my Shadow yesterday, too - Corellia's first area, full, with class quest(Syo, yeees!), and that mission with Iresso. I still think he should be court-marchalled for breaking my orders(Iresso, that is).

@Domi: DS options on Balmorra for the IA are awesome. I tried both paths, DS really are for a broken character(like mine), so I did enjoy them. And oooh, you've got Nar Shaddaa in front of you! I'm envious.

And good to hear about your warzone experiences! That sounds awesome. :)

I'm very glad you like new Republic Makeb(new = GSI bonus, mobs reduced and so on). I didn't like the Republic story that much, because I prefer the Imperial story, like Twani, but I'm very happy you like the simple-sunny-Republic side.

@InKal: Morrigan is one of my favorite chars, interesting and complicated. I do want to know what Flemeth is - their relationship is scary and complicated. Flemeth did want to take over Morrigan's body, I think - that wasn't a lie, but I'm still unsure about what both of them want. We'll see, I guess!

@SapphireIce101: I know, right? You get this perfect romance in your head, and it's hard to romance someone else(for me, it's Anders in DA2).

I tried leaving Alistair at the gates, and no, he doesn't come then - he remains alive and a King or a Warden(meh). I guess he's still going to be in DAI, though I'd rather see Anora. And Loghain! Loghain was cool.

@Twani: Is Dragon Age Keep out, then? I want to play it so much, but I heard it's still in beta.

Also, do you know, will the normal import still work?

And I do hope you'll be able to play with us! :) (must log in and make some money, btw. I want a Bounty week - then I play on all my Progenitor chars, make more mats and money)

I hope there ain't no babies, but we'll see, I guess!

Huh, people are probably writing Solas fanfiction already, even without meeting him!

I'll go and try to continue Corellia today - maybe even complete the Republic planetary side. After all, afterwards there's only dailies and Ilum and Makeb, and I've seen THAT quite a few times. :)

Well, I started Nar Shaddaa on her, but now waiting to run Balmorra with Eric's BH. Can't say I liked her options on Balmorra. In fact, so far it felt like there was no options at all. It's very much like a Trooper, a character that is designed to uphold the system she serves. And I am Okay upholding the Pub, but very much against preserving the Empire. Both Sith characters thankfully do more damage to the Empire than good, and are too wrapped up in the backstabbing games to be much of a threat, Bounty Hunter goes around doing his/her own thing, but IA is just... eww. I dunno. I am starting to doubt I will finish all classes as I have planned. Eric is very slow (he spent like 1.5 hrs yesterday re-equipping his BH. For Dromund Kaas. On Level 15... I kindda gave up and started running the Trooper while he was at it) and the problems on Harbinger are not helping. Conquest seems to be bringing the server to its knees. If I start cutting the stories IA is definitely the first to go. Just so dreadfully unpleasant and boring. Maybe I just should forget it, and keep running his BH with my M!Inquisitor.

EDIT: Yeah, Harbinger is down. It kicked me out before I left for work, but I thought maybe it's just me. Apparently, it's all over the Bio boards. I guess I will deal with Bayar's inventory and crafts on progenitor if they can't resuscitate it by afternoon. We probably need a second West Coast-AP server.

Imo, if Flemeth wanted to take over Morrigan's body, there would be no stopping it. Whatever Flemeth is, she definitely has got to be one of the most powerful beings on Thedas, and I doubt that she put everything she knew into that Grimoire we took for Morrigan. In fact, I have a theory that sometime during Witch Hunt, Flemeth took over Morrigan, because Morrigan doesn't really act like herself, at all. Also, I think Witch Hunt occurs about a year after Awakening, so yeah, it doesn't contradict Flemeth on Sundermount, especially since there could be two Flemeths out and about.

Now, as for Morrigan. Yes, if you aren't friends with her, she wants the OGB, so she can be more powerful. If you're her best friend/lover, she does it to keep you alive, because as I said, The Warden is probably her only friend at the time.

As for SWTOR, I joined a guild on my JK called THE JEDI ORDER, and then I joined Mando'Ade Aliite, which is one of the sister guilds. I was going to learn some Mando'a, or Mandalorian speak, but technical difficulties struck the person teaching it. Murphy's Law everyone, it stinks. Tonight, I'm going to go to a RP 101 class for my JK, unless the Mando'a class gets rescheduled.

Heard the good news: Harbringer is up! People on reddit say they just wanted to reload the servers.

As for IA - sure, abandon it if you feel like it, but I'd keep the character while you have free slots(really, having 22 char slots means a lot here).

Flemeth is Morrigan during Witch Hunt? Interesting. That would be way too cruel, though - she's one of Gaider's favorite characters, and also a former love interest and a friend. :(

I'll go and check out the new guilds, I guess. :) I'm a bit worried, because non-guildship guilds are dead, and all other guilds are about conquest points, even social ones.

Oh, I am keeping the character, I need her utility. Just starting to feel like I will not be able to play the whole thing. It takes so darn long for each class, and the end-game needs attention, and this and that... and with these long breaks between characters, it's hard to stay interested. :(

It is an interesting theory, but thats all it is. A theory.

Also, apparently there was a trailer for DA: I that showed Fem!Hawke, and A Warden making an appearance. I really don't approve of A Warden or Hawke making an appearance. Mostly because of how Bioware dealt with Revan, and the Exile in SWTOR, and the Exile got the worst treatment between the two. Of course, Bioware is saying that we might be able to customize Hawke and that Warden, but that just seems like too much effort to put into two characters that you'll only see once, maybe even twice. There's also a rumor flying around that the Keep will save Hawke's and The Warden's appearance. When it comes to something like this, I really don't trust Bioware that much.

I really need to finish my DA2 playthrough, but I reinstalled NWN2, and started up a SoZ game because I've never beaten SoZ.

Now, back to my crafting until I get 25k conquest points...Hah.

Oh, ye gods, I hope they do not go the same way they did with Revan and Exile. That's the worst thing bio ever did conceptually, canonizing Revan/Exile.

EDIT: I think I am going to DL DA:Origins and toy around with it. Ultimate Edition is only 30$ from EA and has every expansion by the look of it. Hello elves....

From JE on, Bio did well with its own AP. Anyways, seems like Harbinger is down till tomorrow, and it is maintenance tomorrow, so it is either Progenitor (but it looks like more servers are on the way down) or a DA download for me. My kiddo is going to be disappointed. I resolved the decorate Stronghold issues by letting her have a go at it, and now have 40% completion from 16%, and promised she could keep working on it. Sure, I have 2 beds right by the landing pad 'to jump on, mom!' and a bunch of chairs in odd places, but hey! 40% is better than I could do!

EDIT: And OUCH! They are talking a rollback on Harbinger. Some people throw scary stuff like 2 days. Which would mean both my kid's work and my entire Makeb play is down the drain, not to mention my Obroan blaster. As well as some pretty good earnings. Zut. I think Dragon Age:O it is. Don't mean to sound like a drama queen but it is frustrating.

Archived