EA.ids explained

qwerty12345

NOTGOOD; anything except GOODCUTOFF (see below)

INANIMATE/ANYTHING; used only for some invisible "creatures" with associated dialogue

EVILCUTOFF; this entry and everything below are enemies, it's one cut-off point for allegiance and includes, say blue-circled enemy creatures like the "peasants" (illusion monsters) in Kalah's tent

GOODUTOFF; this entry and everything above are friendly to the party, includes PCs, familiars, party controlled summons/charmed creatures etc.

I am interested to know whether or not there is a safe way to include all possible detection of hostiles.

ActuallyInCombat() does not return true for each red circle NPC engaging the party in battle. I tested it just in Candlekeep attacking any Tutor or Phlydia. In such case ActuallyInCombat() remains false.

What triggers are fail safe? I tried See([ENEMY]) and it worked but it requires TriggerOverride since this block is in baldur.bcs.

I assume that GOODBUTBLUE would be Drizzt's party, then. But I can't think of anything for GOODBUTRED and EVILBUTGREEN.

I think (not sure) that the only case of EVILBUTGREEN is during the interaction with KORAX, where he is like part of the party for a while and then eventually attacks.

That is assuming that EVILBUTGREEN is when a creature is hostile to the party, but has a green circle. Also, KORAX has a special spell in SPELL.IDS called Korax_Charm (or something like that), so I'm assuming that Korax starts neutral with a special dialog file that sets him to EVILBUTGREEN, then also affects him with a special charm spell which allows you to control an otherwise enemy character.

Also, I think another example of a GOODBUTBLUE character is the guards at the Friendly Armed Inn, as they attack any enemies of the party nearby, while ignoring the party. (Also the Amnian Soldiers in Nashkel do this I think? Can't remember too much)

I'm not sure if GOODBUTRED is used for the fiend summons, because they will attack the Player Characters, while I'm assuming a GOODBUTRED creature would not attack, and would actually ATTACK other enemies. Also, Pitfiends will attack Neutral characters, which would also not follow the expected behaviour.

Maybe GOODBUTRED is used in instances where there are two fighting parties that are both enemies of the player party (for instance, when the Shadow thieves fight the Vampires), so that the two enemy parties will recognize each other as enemies until one of the two is completely dead, and then their EA status changes to ENEMY by a creature script of some kind. That's my best guess.

Just because a goodbutred creature attacks the party, it could be 'goodbutred'. It is mostly to determine if other npcs will attack it or not.

Hint: allegiance itself doesn't make a creature attack you, it is all scripted. But generic scripts make creatures attack goodcutoff if they are evilcutoff (and vice versa).

When Ardanis says something, you might at least check what he says instead of flat denial. Hopefully, when two of us tells you that summoned pit fiends are 'goodbutred' you get the clue :D

Charmed creatures are either: 6 (charmed) or 254 (charmed pc).

Archived