SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Why do i get two diffirent spell revision versions? The last time i installed, Flesh to Stone had -5 save. Now it has -4 and it slows for three rounds beforehand. I have no idea which one is up to date.

I don't know 'why' in your case but even though the latest version is @Kreso's beta 15, I still use beta 14 and within it there are '-4 save and Slow for three rounds beforehand'.

You also might like our Low Magic World mod, which I think we released since you were gone...

(Okay I'm done advertising.)

#500 components is really interessant,

PS : Please, somebody can answer to my last message, thanks

Hello

Long time passed since i ve installed a clean version with SR v4.0 and some basics component with Big World. I m starting the game now but i m asking if i can add "low magic world" without installing my french translation. I didn t find the correct topic for loow magic world so i m sorry if i post in the wrong place. I suppose it bugs cause i ve installed french translation.. What do you think about this ? Thanks

[C:\Users\SM1983\Beamdog Library\00783\setup-low_magic.exe] WeiDU version 24400

Using Language [English]

[low_magic/language/en_US/setup.tra] PARSE ERROR at line 441 column 1-0

Near Text:

syntax error

[low_magic/language/en_US/setup.tra] ERROR at line 441 column 1-0

Near Text:

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [low_magic/language/en_US/setup.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LOW_MAGIC/LOW_MAGIC.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.

Also, i would like to know if the "encounters when your group" has a rest is balanced ? Which mod can i install if this seems to easy to rest then attack ? Is a mod with a cumulative higher chance to encounter monsters exist ?

PS : i already talk about infinity rest in this topic : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29283&hl=rest

It seems nothing exist yet.. it s pretty annoying

Edited by malax83

i would like to know if the "encounters when your group" has a rest is balanced ? Which mod can i install if this seems to easy to rest then attack ? Is a mod with a cumulative higher chance to encounter monsters exist ?

Cumulative increase is not possible AFAIK. But Tweaks Anthology has a component to increase chance of enemy spawns, thus making resting more difficult.

i would like to know if the "encounters when your group" has a rest is balanced ? Which mod can i install if this seems to easy to rest then attack ? Is a mod with a cumulative higher chance to encounter monsters exist ?

Cumulative increase is not possible AFAIK. But Tweaks Anthology has a component to increase chance of enemy spawns, thus making resting more difficult.

Yes it seems not possible to add a cumulative chance to encounters... I didn t play BG2 since a long time, anyway, I would be a good tester with my average experience of ADD and in a less measure BG : i m running BG2:EE with very hard difficulty and basic change of Big World and i m trying to make each region with only one rest. Do you think it s possible ? Maybe some regions are harder and could be achieved with a little bit more rest ? Then i ll send you how many rest i ve make per region (even if nothing is really interested...).

I notice when Jaheira throw "sunscorch", it deals damage as an old spell but when it s my main character, sunscorch is nerfed as SR do (1d8+1/lvl). SO for now i only got one sunscorch spell for Jaheira.

Then i feel the damage spell scaling too fast... Magic projectile make 1D4 then the fireball do 1D6 to all creature with only two levels inbetween, .... Probably everyone has its on opinion but mages has always been very strong. For now i m also restricted to learn one "fireball spell" per mage. I don t think i would install : Component #200: No Spell Level Scaling cause it s little bit "all or nothing" but i would appreciate a smooth scale of damage.

Some part of low magics world looks fine to fit to BG as : Component #500: Weaponized Wands and could be added to the basic of BG

PS : for now low magic world doesn t work on my setup....

Regards

Edited by malax83

Hello,
In order to install low magic mod, i added "~ ~" to the last line of the setup.tra file in the language\en_US directory. Then the installation goes on and i achieve to install 4 componnents but the installation fails to install one of the componnent i would really like... ::: Component #500: Weaponized Wands

could you help me to resolve this one please ?

Here s the link BEDUG file :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=59154701746497026078&t=5915470174649702607873405

maybe it s cause i installed Kivan...

Hello, and thanks for working on this.
I just made an account in order to ask about this problem with installing this Beta of SR:

Yesterday, i made a clean install of BGEE from the old separate Beamdog launcher into C:\Users\accountname\Baldur's Gate\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 - so that should be fine, right?
BUT when i try installing SR on top of that, i do not get very far before i get an ERROR message.

This is the end of the DEBUG file(i couldn't find any way to attatch or upload the file):

[./override/spwi898.spl] loaded, 1754 bytes
Copied [spwi898.spl] to [override/spwi898.spl]
[./override/sppr325.spl] loaded, 970 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/sppr325.spl] loaded, 970 bytes
Copied [sppr325.spl] to [override/sppr325.spl]
[./override/spin105.spl] loaded, 490 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [spin203.spl] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [spell Revisions], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [spell_rev\backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "spell_rev\\backup/0/OTHER.0")
Will uninstall 3615 files for [sPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 0.
Restoring backed-up [spell_rev\backup/0/ARCANE.TRA]
spell_rev\backup/0/ARCANE.TRA copied to SPELL_REV/LANGUAGES/ENGLISH/ARCANE.TRA, 179054 bytes
Restoring backed-up [spell_rev\backup/0/DIVINE.TRA]
spell_rev\backup/0/DIVINE.TRA copied to SPELL_REV/LANGUAGES/ENGLISH/DIVINE.TRA, 120100 bytes
Restoring backed-up [spell_rev\backup/0/ds_sr_extra.2da]
spell_rev\backup/0/ds_sr_extra.2da copied to spell_rev/lib/ds_sr_extra.2da, 78 bytes
Uninstalled 3615 files for [sPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [spell_rev\backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "spell_rev\\backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [spell_rev\backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "spell_rev\\backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
ERROR: Failure("resource [spin203.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SPELL_REV.DEBUG to marco.montagnoli83@hotmail.it
Using Language [English]
[English] has 3 top-level TRA files
[spell_rev\languages\english\arcane.tra] has 454 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\divine.tra] has 336 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\setup.tra] has 21 translation strings

Install Component [spell Revisions]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Skipping [spell Revisions]

Install Component [Deva and Planetar Animations]?
Skipping [Deva and Planetar Animations]

Install Component [Mirror Image Fix]?
Skipping [Mirror Image Fix]

Install Component [Dispel Magic Fix]?
Skipping [Dispel Magic Fix]

SKIPPING: [Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens]
This component requires that the main Spell Revisions component be installed.

Install Component [spell Deflection blocks AoE spells]?
Skipping [spell Deflection blocks AoE spells]

SKIPPING: [update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs]
This component requires that the main Spell Revisions component be installed.

SKIPPING: [Revised Warrior HLAs]
This mod is designed for the Baldur's Gate II engine and will not function on other games.
Saving This Log:
278463 characters, 510 entries added to DIALOG.TLK
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 34510 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Spell Revisions

I hope it is okay to post this here. I just can't see what could be wrong with a clean install. Is this version not confirmed to work with the 2.3 patch?

EDIT: Whoops, i just found subtledoctor's solution in this post http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28817&page=2 . Thanks!

Edited by Balderson
added spoiler tags