Enhanced Edition kit question

Kish

Yes...
As in, you can add more known spells at any level, and you can define the known spells at level 1(or any of the sub levels), but you can't make it to not learn more at the level ups when the normal Sorcerer does.

So for example, the Druidic Sorcerer is a lot easier to make, the reason why it hasn't been, is that the spells should be made with weidu copying from the existing spells and not from pre-made spells like it's currently in the mod. And of course you need to know how to utilize the fl#add_kit_ee -weidu function, as without it, you can't make the kits selectable in the Enhanced Editions.

So the answer's actually no, you can't limit the spells known? Too bad.

Well, if the limiting is the more important fact... yeah.

But you can make a mage that can't learn more spells... except the ones it already has. I have done this actually in BG2:ToB already. :D

I don't get what you're saying.

Well, that one can make a mage that works like a cleric, in that he has an ability to learn spells from the kit table and those spells are to only ones he will ever be able to cast... this is done by making his spell learning from scrolls to be a guaranteed zero.

I should probably just accept that the answer to my question is "no," but I still don't get it. Is anything you're saying in any way different from, "You can make sorcerer kits which function like sorcerers instead of like wizards?" Sorcerers have never learned spells from scrolls.

Edit: Oh, I think I get it. You're not talking about sorcerer kits at all, but wizard kits; I'm having trouble tying the things you're saying to my question because they're not meant to address my question.

You mean like a sorcerer that can only pick from, say, a subset of mage spells? Then the answer's no, I'm afraid.

The old ones work well, as in you can make a Abjurer Sorcerer(as this removes the opposite school that should be Alteration/Transmutation spells ) with unusabie flag in the kit's kitlist.2da, if you set it to be the following code, if the kit's identifier in the .2da files is customid:

customid ~0x00004040 19~

But you can't invent new, as the game has no resources that allow that(as far as I know). And the old... well lets say you restrict all the normal mages spells, you'll still have to select a spell at level up, and if you don't, you can't level up.

Well, unless you wish to reinvent the wheel, and then make cakes, but then you are not actually looking for a Sorcerer.

You mean like a sorcerer that can only pick from, say, a subset of mage spells? Then the answer's no, I'm afraid.

Yes, that's what I was looking for. Too bad. Thanks, CamDawg.

I have an idea; it is fairly destructive though:

1) set all entries in splsrckn.2da to zero (0). This will prevent all sorcerers from acquiring spells the normal way.

2) You then need an alternate way to give them their spells. (I would suggest following atweaks scribe scroll summon as a base for doing this). You would also need a separate spl to do this for all existing sorcerers as well, unfortunately.

3) You would also need to account for modded sorcerers, but I think you could add a line to all clab's--though, I think only that followed the naming convention "clab....2da"*--exceptions would have to be specifically accounted for--an ability using opcode 177 (param 1: 5 (class) param 2: 19 (Sorcerer)) to give sorcerers, and (hopefully) only sorcerers your summon. This would need to be applied before your unique spell list kit(s) are created, however, assuming you use the "clab..." naming convention. Many sorcerer mods I have seen don't use the convention "clabso##" so editing all clabs seems to be the best option here.

A nice advantage of this method would be that you could then use number of spells gained as balancing mechanism for your kits. You can probably guess the disadvantages :)

* I would use "COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~clab....*2da~ ~override~" before tweaking the clab files, but there is probably a better method.

3) You would also need to account for modded sorcerers, but I think you could add a line to all clab's--though, I think only that followed the naming convention "clab....2da"*--exceptions would have to be specifically accounted for--an ability using opcode 177 (param 1: 5 (class) param 2: 19 (Sorcerer)) to give sorcerers, and (hopefully) only sorcerers your summon. This would need to be applied before your unique spell list kit(s) are created, however, assuming you use the "clab..." naming convention. Many sorcerer mods I have seen don't use the convention "clabso##" so editing all clabs seems to be the best option here.

A nice advantage of this method would be that you could then use number of spells gained as balancing mechanism for your kits. You can probably guess the disadvantages :)

* I would use "COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~clab....*2da~ ~override~" before tweaking the clab files, but there is probably a better method.

You can read from kitlist.2da to find the CLAB files for all sorcerer kits.

Or you could just use the same kind of thing as in the psionics unleashed to facilitate all of this without the need to actually change the original principle. Aka, permanent spells that allow the use of once per rest non permanent abilities(spells).

Also the good thing about kit mods is, you are not likely to need too many of the same kind of kits, aka a party is not likely going to be needing more than 1 Sorcerer in it, the other chars can be which ever... and the mod can be installed/uninstalled for just the kit.

Or you could just use the same kind of thing as in the psionics unleashed to facilitate all of this without the need to actually change the original principle. Aka, permanent spells that allow the use of once per rest non permanent abilities(spells).

Also the good thing about kit mods is, you are not likely to need too many of the same kind of kits, aka a party is not likely going to be needing more than 1 Sorcerer in it, the other chars can be which ever... and the mod can be installed/uninstalled for just the kit.

Ahh, that--psionics unleashed--could be done, I'm sure. It's actual, so it's possible. I certainly couldn't begin tell you how to do it though. This way is probably slightly easier for us nonprogrammers to do.

And yeah, you could install just the kits you need for a single playthrough. But I have this madmans dream of the one perfect install to rule them all...my precious...

And if I could, I'd give mike an "insightful" (time to do some research!)

Archived