Report bugs and typos here.

Glam Vrock

One more bug with that likeable chaotic evil guy, :p when dismissed he said that he was heading for FAI. No trace of him there. Mighty divination magic revealed that he is in some unknown area named FRIENDLY.are. I would be grateful for any pointers how to access it in Tutu. :D  

Hullo, thanks for the fun mods. Small bug request. After Dave returns to the temple of Talos with the idol... nothing happens. No new dialogue options or cut scenes appear. 

Just before that there was a probably unconnected minor error in the conversation tree, when discussing the word 'worthless' with Dave I had 6 options for a response, 3 of which were effectively doubled. 

I have a bug with Dave, as well. Whenever I click on his portrait on the right hand side of the screen, one of the voice quotes for "Yes?" comes out as a glitchy, corrupted noise, sometimes replaced with a generic sound effect whenever I'm in battle. So far, that's the only bug I've had with him. Does anyone else have the same bug?

Keep in mind, I may have installed a version of Glam's NPC Pack via the EE Mod Setup.

Edited by TheGoldenMeme

Found a likely bug with Moidre: she disappears immediately whenever you remove her from the party after chapter 2, no chance to get her parting dialogue.

Possible explanation: this code in GV#MOID.BCS seems like the culprit:

IF
	GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",2)
	!IfValidForPartyDialogue(Myself)
	Global("GV#MOIDRecruited","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("GV#MOIDGone","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("GV#MOIDGone","GLOBAL",1)
		DestroySelf()
END

I assume this is meant to remove her if you clear the Nashkel mines without recruiting her. However, it depends on the GV#MOIDRecruited global, which seemingly isn't set by any other function; her dialogue when you recruit her uses the GV#MOIDJoined global instead. The result is that GV#MOIDRecruited will always be 0, and so at any time after chapter 2, if Moidre isn't in the party she'll destroy herself. SetGlobal("GV#MOIDRecruited","GLOBAL",1) obviously fixes this.

Edited by Shin
On 10/7/2019 at 7:25 PM, Greenhorn said:

One more bug with that likeable chaotic evil guy, :p when dismissed he said that he was heading for FAI. No trace of him there. Mighty divination magic revealed that he is in some unknown area named FRIENDLY.are. I would be grateful for any pointers how to access it in Tutu. :D  

Had a severe and extremely strange bug with Dave, that might be related to him being sent to an area that doesn't exist upon dismissal. I haven't managed to locate the exact cause, but basically what happened was this:

1. My game started slowing down severely as I was playing through BG1 -- it got to a point where loading started to take 20 seconds or more.

2. After some searching it turned out that my .gam save file had started growing exponentially in size, and that the culprit was the GV#DAVE.cre file it contained. Somehow Dave, located in FRIENDLY.are had started to memorize multiple copies of SPCL721, his storm shield ability. When the slowdown became noticable, he had literally several hundred thousand memorizations of storm shield and took up substantially more memory than everything else in the file combined.

3. Fixing this was more grueling than expected, since programs I tried to edit the file with would either crash upon trying to remove the quantities of data, or put out a corrupted save file that would crash the game upon loading. Eventually I ended up removing his memorization through a console-activated script action, and even that was tricky since the game would freeze whenever I entered the same area as Dave. Getting rid of his many, many copies of storm shield reduced the size of my .gam file from close to 7mb to ~370kb, and everything now runs smoothly again.

As stated I'm not sure about the exact cause of this bug, but it may well be more than just his faulty dismissal location since there aren't any other reports. Didn't find anything in his script or items that would seem able to cause it either, but posting here in case someone else runs into this belligerent and bizarrely bugged behaviour.

Guest grainne6

I had a bug with Dave (who I am really enjoying by the way), when I spoke to Thalantyr at High Hedge, Dave interjected and it caused the game to crash.  It happened each time I tried.  It's not a big deal, I just left Dave outside and I could speak to Thalantyr without any problems but just to let you know.

Guest grainne6

Another bug, this time with Vynd.  When getting Brun's son from the Ankheg's nest - Vynd keeps repeating "Called it".   I think it might be that Littlun is needed in the party to GV#VYNDNathan to 2.

//Nathan's Corpse
CHAIN IF ~Global("GV#VYNDNathan","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN GV#VYNDJ GV#VYNDNathanInterjection1
~Called it.~
== GV#LITTJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("GV#LITT")~ THEN ~Nobody's impressed, Vynd.~
DO ~SetGlobal("GV#VYNDNathan","GLOBAL",2)~ EXIT

I deleted the line == GV#LITTJ IF ~IsValidForPartyDialogue("GV#LITT")~ THEN ~Nobody's impressed, Vynd.~  and reinstalled the mod and then the interjection worked fine. 

I am on the Enhanced edition and I am using the latest version of the mod.

Have an issue with Littluns improved crossbow. She has now 4.5 attackts/round. Looks like one to much (1 base, +0.5 for fighter class, +0.5 for Level 7 +1.5 of the crossbow should be 3.5) . Same for ETW0 Bonus: +3 instead of the two mentioned in the description. I would guess that the effects mentioned in the description have been just added to the previous ones. Checked the item with NI but couldn't find the Problem... 

edit: seems to be a Cache Problem. After reloading the number of attacks is 3.5 like expected.

Edited by maus