Report bugs and typos here.

Glam Vrock

39 minutes ago, Leonardo Watson said:

There are a few mods more that are having the same problem on a classic BGT game.

This just requires adding this code to the .tp2 file...

APPEND ~trigger.ids~ ~0x40e2 CheckSpellState(O:Object*,I:State*splstate)~ UNLESS ~0x40e2~

...if I am not entirely wrong.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 8/4/2019 at 9:06 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

This just requires adding this code to the .tp2 file...

APPEND ~trigger.ids~ ~0x40e2 CheckSpellState(O:Object*,I:State*splstate)~ UNLESS ~0x40e2~

...if I am not entirely wrong.

So I did try this, but all that happened was I got the same error message for a different trigger. I have no idea how many appends I'd have to add to make these work, and at some point I have to ask if it's even a good idea to try. It sucks, but I might just have to give everyone more basic combat scripts for Tutu/BGT.

The Imoen issue is also kind of confusing me. The original Vynd doesn't have this problem, and the only difference is that that one uses FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME to check the game version for Imoen's dialogue stuff, whereas this one just uses GAME_IS. Would that even matter? I can't think of anything else that would affect Imoen and no other character.

6 hours ago, Glam Vrock said:

The Imoen issue is also kind of confusing me. The original Vynd doesn't have this problem, and the only difference is that that one uses FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME to check the game version for Imoen's dialogue stuff, whereas this one just uses GAME_IS. Would that even matter? I can't think of anything else that would affect Imoen and no other character.

I noticed one strange thing about _BImoen dialogue, _Bdialogue files which are alphabetically before it, like _BGarri ( Garrick ) are not affected and trigger Imoen's responses normally while all other which come after it ( _Bjahei, _BKhali, etc. ) are damaged and cut Imoen's responses with "invalid phrase". Don't know if this will be helpful. Also I tried solo Vynd v.2 but although it claims Tutu compatibility it didn't even recognized TUTU install and failed right away. So no snarky drow objections for me in this run ( or no new ones to be more precise, there is always Viconia to make everyone's day more miserable ). 

Found the problem! Rather than compiling each dialogue file individually, I was just compiling the entire folder, which the BImoen files were in, so they ended up getting rebuilt even if another mod already did it. Just had to move them to their own folder and now everything looks good. Also fixed the Tenya issue.

Regarding Vynd v2; I didn't actually make that version, and I also disappeared for like five years, so I had no idea it wasn't working with Tutu. Easy fix, though; turns out it was set to check for tutu but not tutu_totsc. Kind of surprised it went unnoticed for that long, but hey, at least it's done now.

Glad that you manage to fix it, it is always welcome and encouraging to find the modder  who take seriously his work and don't ignore bug reports. Two questions: when can we expect new updated version and am I courting disaster ( in the sense that it will be installed after majority of tweaks and other game changing stuff) if I try to install it close to the end of the list that you maybe saw under spoilers in one of my previous posts? Oh, and one extra question regarding solo Vynd, he disappeared from downloading section here at G3, is there alternative link somewhere else? 

As soon as I can get the issue with the combat scripts sorted out, I'll throw a new version up. Shouldn't take more than a day or two. I'll upload the fixed Vynd mod along with it.

I don't think installing it after all the tweaks and stuff will break anything; it just means the tweaks won't be applied to it. So if you have the Identify All Items cheat, for instance, you'll still have to identify the stuff from the mod.

Ugh, just one more quick question, I downloaded Glam NPC pack version 2 which is approximately 3.7 MB big while the file size according to download page should be 10.65 MB. Big discrepancy, is everything as it should be? 

P.S. or is it size of all 3 files for different OS?

Edited by Greenhorn

Small bug with Flara's interjections. It seems that her interjection in that merchant's tent on the south of Nashkel carnival map prevent player to obtain first potion even if he agreed to buy and paid for it. I do hope that this is not recurring trend in this mod... 

Edited by Greenhorn

I've got a list of feedback/reports on Flara.

I'm trying to not spoiler her quest but obviously, just talking about the quest might give people ideas, so don't open the spoiler if you haven't played her yet.

1. In the resting cutscene the spawning NPCs seem to have some pathfinding issues. (Though I can not tell how much or if any is your fault and how much is on Beamdog for screwing up pathfinding this patch..)

The first time it played the main dude got stuck on a door frame and I had to close the game via task manager.

The next time he got to my PC alright (took a while though) but his buddies spawned off screen, got stuck on something and never showed up. (Cutscene played out alright though, they were saying their lines form off the screen just fine.)

2. Items from the quest inside Baldur's Gate are mostly identified when they drop. I know, really minor issue, but it breaks immersion and screams 'mod content'.

2.1. The armor says it doesn't disable spell casting in its description text but not in its STATISTICS section (unlike Elven Chainmail for example).

2.2. The cloak says it does disable spell casting but it only disables arcane spell casting. IMHO all items that are not chest armor should make a discintion between the two magic types.

3. The fire effect used in the BG quest cutscene is not blended and, as a result, has a weird/bad looking black 'aura' around it. Simply checking the 'blend' flag in the vvc should fix that.

I just want to add that I really enjoyed Flara so far. I loved the PIDs in particular.

The only thing I disagree on is her alignment, she is clearly at least neutral evil and a strong point could be made for her being chaotic evil.

Anyway, thanks for the great mod!

Hey, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Flara does not have SoD content at the moment; she does take off after the first dungeon, I hope?

The pathfinding thing is a problem, yeah. I did try to test it in cramped and crowded areas to make sure it worked, but obviously I can't account for every location the player might rest in, and it's hard to tell if it's an engine issue or not; the only other way I can think to do it would be to have the characters spawn right next to you, which kind of ruins the effect. I dunno, maybe I can handwave it as invisibility or something.

As for Flara's alignment, I was torn on how to handle it. Yes, she's evil, but as mentioned in the readme, she's not supposed to care about reputation. Unfortunately, BGEE doesn't let me implement that feature. Chaotic neutral is the closest thing to her actual personality while still giving players the most leeway, and guaranteeing she won't leave at high reputation, which is kinda what the game pushes you towards anyway. Honestly, the only reason I didn't make Dave CN as well is because it would affect his Turn Undead.

Other issues you mentioned have been noted. Thanks!

Edited by Glam Vrock

Heh, that Talos has some cynical sense of humor. So, if you ask terrible Stormlord Jeff for healing services you get this ( at least in Tutu): 

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x6444E0 File: CStore.cpp Line: 241 Expression: pData != NULL Message: (null)

Also I think that is important to mention that Talassans use same cabin in the High Hedge area that is site of the " Of wolves and man" quest from Ascalon's questpack mod so warning to everyone who uses both mods: don't take Dave until you are done with werewolf, one way or another.