Searching: Which mods lets you keep BG1 items in BG2?

jastey

I know of a mod which imports several BG1 items to BG2 by adding them on a table near Ilyich (Ring of Free Action, Gauntlets of Specialization, Baldur Cloak etc.); but one doesn't have to actually have them on import. I've never heard of a mod which allows full item import from BG1.

It's called the Console, you'll just ...

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag04")

in bg1, then you drop everything you want to "import" into the bag, then you drop that item to a safe place*, and then proceed to with the talk to Belt and go to SoA, then you just use the same code to get your items back. EASY.

Yes, there's a quite a few other ways, using bags and containers and MoveToArea("xxx") and so forth, you can even buy the bag from Ribald Barterman if you really want to mss with things. Or use an free item merchant that has the same inventory in bg1 and bg2(forgot what that was called, a dim memory would indicate it to have to do with the blackwyrmlair.net ), but they all involve some large mountains of cheese.

*this is important, cause if you bring it with you, it will be emptied.

Jarno: I am really looking for an existing mod.

I could have sworn there was a mod (component) that would transfer the items the PC has upon the beginning of BGII behind the picture in the room with the golem. -I am asking because I want to make sure one custom item from the Ajantis mod does not get transferred this way, because the BG2 mod takes care of this itself.

-I am asking because I want to make sure one custom item from the Ajantis mod does not get transferred this way, because the BG2 mod takes care of this itself.

And you can't get rid of that item in ARAM00.BCS ? That's the script that BGT-weidu uses to transition the party from BG1 to BG2(SoA).

That wouldn't cover the imported items (on an imported character). - Although in this case the description of the mod item would be gone, anyway, as I don't use the same items for BG1 and BGII. Hm, maybe BGT is the only instance where it could be of importance.

So far, I am not able to identify this mod I thought existed, so this doesn't seem to be a (real) problem.

That wouldn't cover the imported items (on an imported character).

Well or you could just EXTEND_END the baldur.bcs ... or you could make Ajantis "intersect" the talk which consequentially takes the item away. And make the Ajantis kick out from the party to do the same... also the item can be flagged to be Unsellable, which should prevent it from being importable.

Wouldn't it be easier in the readme stating: mods importing item x ain't CONCEPTUALLY compatible with Ajantis?

As then it's not actually about pure compatibility but the idea that the item that could get to be carried to the other game won't blow up the game, it's just should be lost between them...

In AR0602.bcs you find the following:

IF
Global("TakeImportItems","AR0602",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("TakeImportItems","AR0602",1)
SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("Malaaq",MoveBetweenAreas("AR0601",[345.591],14))
ActionOverride("DuegarClanChief",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT01",1))
ActionOverride("Shelf1",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT03",1))
SmallWait(4)
TakePartyGold(2147483647)
ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player2,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player3,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player4,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player5,DestroyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride(Player6,DestroyAllEquipment())
CreateCreature("CSJON",[3210.3304],10) // Mage
ActionOverride(Player1,PlayDead(165))
Wait(1)
FadeFromColor([30.0],0)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("NewGame")
END

You could remove the "ActionOverride(Player#,DestroyAllEquipment())" and then dump anything that you did not want to keep.

Shaitan: There is no need to state incompatibility, because it is easy for the Ajantis mod to add to the container's script that the ring should be removed. I would have to know whether such a mod exists, and whether it is the hidden shelf behind the picture, though. Or I take Jarno's suggestion and remove it before the BGT transition, just to make sure.

Ishad Nha: I am not sure I understand your suggestion. But the original game scripts are no problem, since they do not include any mod added items. I am looking for a mod (I thought existed) that would let the PC find all former items in ID. If such a mod existed, I would want to know where the items are placed in ID.

The thread topic is about the search for a mod that keeps the items, because I want my mod items to be removed, and want to know which precautions I have to take in my mod. (Finding the engangement ring twice would be kind of confusing for my PC, I am sure..)

@jastey: The mod you are searching for is likely called the BGtneJ2 v1.1 and/or NEJ2v691, the component is called "Merchant League Bank (BGT required!)]?" ... it does the buy/sell thing for zero cash I described above. The only thing you need to do is to flag the ring as unsellable. See... :typical omnipresent imp smile:

Archived