Bug reports in v30

I figured out the bug in the last post. Irenicus's script is using the wrong version of Mislead in his opening chain which is screwing up his script. To fix this, open up finiren.bcs and replace line 33 with
ForceSpellRES("dw#0w607",Myself)

He doesn't come fully buffed even if you have full prebuffs installed, so that's an issue, but at least he'll actually fight.

I figured out the bug in the last post. Irenicus's script is using the wrong version of Mislead in his opening chain which is screwing up his script. To fix this, open up finiren.bcs and replace line 33 with

ForceSpellRES("dw#0w607",Myself)

Can you tell us wht you had in the line 33 before you replaced it with that ? As it's likely that as different people install different things, just naming the line number won't help everyone.

I'm using SCS v30 with Item Revisions v4 (beta 8) on BGEE and I noticed that SCS does not install fine/excellent weapons while IR is installed. I'm not sure if IR ever implemented its own fine/excellent weapons component but certainly the latest version doesn't seem to. So I manually commented out the check for IR in the tp2 for the "Replace Magic Weapons with Fine Versions" and the "no-shatter" subcomponent (the "shatter" subcomponent didn't have a check for IR).

As far as I can tell they now work fine (pun intended :laugh2:). Assuming noone else finds a fault running IR with these components, perhaps the checks for IR could be removed in the next version?

As far as I can tell they now work fine (pun intended :laugh2:). Assuming noone else finds a fault running IR with these components, perhaps the checks for IR could be removed in the next version?

Check IR's .ini file. You can fine-tune IR setup there, including masterwork weapons.

Check IR's .ini file. You can fine-tune IR setup there, including masterwork weapons.

Thanks for the pointer at the .ini - however I just checked it and it says:

// Store Revisions

install_masterwork_weapons = 0 // +1 weapons are changed to masterwork; outdated - mostly functional, but not recommended (use SCS component instead)

So I guess that puts the issue back at my original question - could the next version of SCS perhaps take out the check for IR? Unless a check for the masterwork component of IR could be implemented?

Though I guess it might be worth holding off until V4 of IR is actually released in case it changes again.

Edited by thehug0naut

Setup: BG2EE, no other mods installed other than SCS.

Rakshasa are still immune to "breach" even though I installed the "More consistent Breach spell" component (I'm getting "Spell Ineffective"). Specifically I'm referring to Ihtafeer, Saadat, and Jalaal. The console didn't mention any spell protections they cast that could have resulted in such behavior.

Also, I believe the above rakshasas grant far too little experience compared to the challenge they present (probably even when they are not immune to Breach) - these guys are immune to all spells lvl7 and below (your mage has to be lvl 16 just to touch them with a single spell), and by the time you've peeled off their combat defenses (assuming breach works and that you have at least 3 of them and can cast them uninterrupted - I've had very limited success with Inquisitor dispel) they have already bombarded your party with lethal AoE spells they are immune to (CloudKill, Fireball, skull trap, etc) - some of them can't even be dispelled (Web, Teleport Field).

If we compare the rakshasa encounter to others in the vicinity with similar XP IMHO the balance is severely upset, probably even with breach enabled. For example Bone Golem + 2 X Skeleton Warriors in the Temple Ruins is a complete walk in the park compared to that, and it grants more XP. The most reasonable thing to do here IMO would be to make Saadat and Jalaal some form of melee minions that are likely to aid Ihtafeer (golems?) rather than rakshasas (it would still be consistent with the quest, which only mentions one rakshasa as far as I recall). Another would be to change the room layout to something bigger with just one floor and more free space to maneuver - the way it is now, AoE kills your party and you have no where to run (running outside and waiting it out feels like cheese to me). Also, by the time you get through that narrow passage to the second floor with your warriors (and mage, to cast breach - twice!), the rakshasa above have already wreaked havoc - at the very least, make them spawn in the lower floor (adjacent to Ihtafeer).

Edited by toxin

You could try

weidu.exe --change-log dw#shwe3.itm

to see if another mod is affecting the item. On my end the description is coming up properly. The item I mention is the Greater Werewolf Token. Change the 3 to 1 or 2 to get the Lesser and normal tokens.

Also I noticed that dw#shwe1.itm is a +1 weapon, that is not mentioned in the description and dw#shwe3.itm is +2, where it should be +3.

You could try

weidu.exe --change-log dw#shwe3.itm

You forgot to include the output file...

To make the directory and the out put to file in that folder, it's best to use:

mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log dw#shwe3.itm >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
This of course is command line programming, so the easiest way to get it to work is to make a new .txt file, rename it as a something.bat, and run it in the game folder that has a weidu.exe in it. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I did not install any other mod other than SCS.

The output of the above command is

Then that is to be as expected as the command doesn't list the original source of the file, just the backups it makes. And the first is never usually made as the game files can have it,or it doesn't exist, so it can't be made.

Could it be a random corruption during installation then? I have a similar issue with an SR item and it seems quite unlikely it's not a local problem on my install.

Maybe someone better versed in weidu witchery could shed some light if it is indeed so unreliable.

Setup: BG2EE, no other mods installed other than SCS.

Rakshasa are still immune to "breach" even though I installed the "More consistent Breach spell" component (I'm getting "Spell Ineffective"). Specifically I'm referring to Ihtafeer, Saadat, and Jalaal. The console didn't mention any spell protections they cast that could have resulted in such behavior.

Also, I believe the above rakshasas grant far too little experience compared to the challenge they present (probably even when they are not immune to Breach) - these guys are immune to all spells lvl7 and below (your mage has to be lvl 16 just to touch them with a single spell), and by the time you've peeled off their combat defenses (assuming breach works and that you have at least 3 of them and can cast them uninterrupted - I've had very limited success with Inquisitor dispel) they have already bombarded your party with lethal AoE spells they are immune to (CloudKill, Fireball, skull trap, etc) - some of them can't even be dispelled (Web, Teleport Field).

If we compare the rakshasa encounter to others in the vicinity with similar XP IMHO the balance is severely upset, probably even with breach enabled. For example Bone Golem + 2 X Skeleton Warriors in the Temple Ruins is a complete walk in the park compared to that, and it grants more XP. The most reasonable thing to do here IMO would be to make Saadat and Jalaal some form of melee minions that are likely to aid Ihtafeer (golems?) rather than rakshasas (it would still be consistent with the quest, which only mentions one rakshasa as far as I recall). Another would be to change the room layout to something bigger with just one floor and more free space to maneuver - the way it is now, AoE kills your party and you have no where to run (running outside and waiting it out feels like cheese to me). Also, by the time you get through that narrow passage to the second floor with your warriors (and mage, to cast breach - twice!), the rakshasa above have already wreaked havoc - at the very least, make them spawn in the lower floor (adjacent to Ihtafeer).

SCS is version 30?

I have tons of mods installed (SCS30, Questpack, EETactis-alpha and more) and Breach works on Liches. Didn't test raks yet, should be interesting.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27291&hl=breach

btw. fight is nerfed in SCS30 but is still quite hard even with raks NOT immune to breach. I would recommend a "little" cheese I mean send one guy alone first to absorb remove magic form Ihtafer then storm in (you need prot form fire, cold, poison and FREE ACTION) - should not be that hard to win.

Thanks InKal, don't know how I missed that thread. I've replied there for further assistance (technical assistance on the breach spell, once that's out of the way I believe I'll manage, even though I still believe the encounter to be too hard for the area / typical party level).

Edited by toxin