B!tweaks and polytweaks mods:Does anybody have them?

mesogirippa

Hello guys!

I googled it alot,but I can't find functioning download links for those!It seems that all of their hosting websites are down :-(

Would somebody be so kind as to upload b!tweak_lite-v4 and Polytweak_v2.0 and enhanced BG2 v 1.1 ?

Ideally,I would also appreciate if the following mods were to be uploaded!

Anvil lite

silverstar npc

anishai

I would be eternally grateful!Those above are the only non working mod links for a tactics installation nowadays,and I am sure many others would appreciate it too!

Regardless,have a nice day :-)

Well, google is flunky, you must not have hit the sites I am part of, cause I have this link elsewhere as well:

b!tweak_lite-v4

That's an unofficial upload, so if the mod gets updated and you use the old version, it's not my concern, of course I am willing to take the link and file offline if so requested. And admins are free to edit my posts as they see fit...

hello!

thanks for the download links!actually,i downloaded silver star from your link some time ago,but the big world setup doesn't recognize it,and i assume(d) it is not the correct version?

thanks for the anishai download link!

now,the only mods left are anvil lite and bg2 enhanced....anybody?.. :D

ps:i think i found out why the BWS doesn't recognize silverstar.it is supposed to be in a .rar ,but it is in a zip.will it affect the installation if i put the zip content just into a rar?

i am SO sorry for my noobish question,you guys!its just that i want to get it right this time,after 1 year of failed installations and godknowswhatelse :D

EDIT:hi guys,after some searching i found bg2 enhanced,but i don't find anvil lite ANYWHERE literally.i searched it in every variation,but the only host,which seemed to be gamingsnerd R us,is down.

*puppy eyes*

Thanks.Now I have all the pokem.. I mean mods!

I was very interested in this mod because the guy who made it seemed to have put alot of effort into it(judging from the blackwyrmlair subforum of the mod)

Anyway thank you again!And thanks to all the others too :-D

Ps:Is it normal that some mods seem to be just "broken"?I mean,they have integer errors in the installation

Thanks.Now I have all the pokem.. I mean mods!

I was very interested in this mod because the guy who made it seemed to have put alot of effort into it(judging from the blackwyrmlair subforum of the mod)

The "Lite" version has nothing to do with the real version of it, yes, the kits and a few items are cloned, but it's still a rip off of the actual mod... which is not compatible with many if any of the BiG World mods, as it's made into a total conversion mod by itself.

I would have to see the error message to verify, but usually it's not meant to error out. So no.

Offtopic:

Actually,I just googled improved anvil mod a little bit...

This is a typical text of those who just don't want to admit they're WEAK to play the mod. Poor tactical skills or no patience. Improved Anvil is for the best only, and those who want to be the best BG2 tacticians after drawing their learning curve and investing lot of time to learn and develop new tactics. The result is not only Improved Anvil-specific: some people already confirmed that after Improved Anvil, other tactical mods are easy as pie smile.gif

LOLWAT.It seems the BG modding community takes the whole thing too seriously...?:D

thanks for the download links!actually,i downloaded silver star from your link some time ago,but the big world setup doesn't recognize it,and i assume(d) it is not the correct version?

ps:i think i found out why the BWS doesn't recognize silverstar.it is supposed to be in a .rar ,but it is in a zip.will it affect the installation if i put the zip content just into a rar?

Silver Star v1.93 (beta) is the last version. The only difference is indeed that the package i donwloaded is a .zip file, and the package gamingsnerd R us hosted was a .rar file.

LOLWAT.It seems the BG modding community takes the whole thing too seriously...?:D

The BG modding community spends some of its collective spare time to make a fun game somewhat more fun. Period. No one else talks about BG as some kind of incredible tactical challenge; it's a computerized version of a semi-tactical interpretation of weird and often silly ruleset of a nerdy tabletop RPG.

I think the maker of Improved Anvil (which is a *terrible* mod, by the way, even on its own terms) took the whole thing (and himself) too seriously.

(Or, did you mean the community took him too seriously? In which case the answer is probably yes.)

I think the maker of Improved Anvil (which is a *terrible* mod, by the way, even on its own terms)

I don't think Anvil is "that" bad - for a mod of such a huge scope, it is litteraly a bug-free experience, which isn't something many mods can say.

I played it quite a bit and liked it (before v6, which is outright *terrible* and has more in common with Final Fantasy then BG).

The mod's biggest problem is (apart golems, double standards and cheese kits) probably the fact it's incompatible with everything - even ToBex - hence it's terribly outdated by todays standards.

Alright maybe I was too harsh - and maybe my very brief exposure was to v6 and that colored things. It was indeed very well done in the sense of being bug-free; I just personally hated the double standards and cheese kits.

And there are so many great mods with components I love, that I really won't consider using a mod that doesn't have broad compatibility.

Archived