Feeling dorky tonight

Magus

Imoen is far from untouchable; she is just more work to remove from the plot and/or replace her with a Greenhaired Bhaalspawn woman instead.

Just remember not to call her Mary Sue, but more like Neomi. She is probably a bard by the way. :p

Ouh and remember to make her a Neutral Evil. She should also have Str 18 and Dex 9... Con 16, Int 17, Wis 11 and Cha 16.

It's funny how after so many years, there's now many modders (well, 4 or so is quite a lot proportionately) actively discussing something once discarded as pointless or unrewardingly complicated.

New people come, and since they haven't been reading the forums, I guess it's natural.

Thing is, yeah, replacing lots of companions or bringing lots of new companions into the game needs just too much work, and it also needs to be good. BG1 NPC succeeded, because BG1 had NO dialogue at all. So BG1 NPC(even if it wasn't up to Bioware standards, but was written with love and care) worked. But adding ten BG1 NPCs to BG2, a game with existing great dialogue and story? Replacing Imoen with new writing? Naturally it won't work so well. The best we can do is focus on individual characters, and even then I somehow feel Bioware would've done a much better job than us. But, well, those ideas would probably keep coming.

If EE can add full-fledged romances to BG1 with the full support of the "old" people, there's no reason to coddle the other previously sacrosanct aspects. There's too much duct tape on this game already. I'm not sure what "Bioware" standards are, but it's not impossible; Several site admins have written NPC mods and now work for (or contract with) Beamdog, no? Besides, writing a few lines for an established NPC is much easier and less controversial or jarring than adding in an entirely new NPC. They don't have to be fully fleshed out to the extent of the other NPCs. There's more than enough canon and mod NPCs to keep people company. Continuity is already appallingly cringe-worthy.

Yeah, but EE's full-fledged BG1 romances 1) were very, very short; 2) weren't so good. I'm absolutely pro-adding-stuff-if-the-modder-really-wants-to. But the probabilty of doing a good job AND a huge job is... not high. "Let's make all this stuff consistent and write the whole new cast" - that ended in disaster, and will keep ending in disaster. "Let's create the whole new dialogue for this one NPC" - that's more realistic. But will probably end up bland.Or not.

You don't have to lose any plot or quests, you just replace NPCs. Imoen is far from untouchable; she is just more work to remove from the plot and/or replace her with a Greenhaired Bhaalspawn woman instead.

Yeah, if that's your taste: post-8065-0-82060200-1438621102_thumb.jpg

I really like Wisdom bonus vs enchantment, but it seems there's just no way to do that in BG2 engine.

Normal music files! I mean, when I'm inside the Bridge or Druid Grove area, I love hearing the area music all the time, not once every 10 minutes. If, um, that's possible.

I'll take a look at this.

I really like Wisdom bonus vs enchantment, but it seems there's just no way to do that in BG2 engine.

You could approximate it by standardizing saving throws offered to avoid/reduce spell effects. Say, all Enchantment spells offer saves vs. wands, all illusion spells offer saves vs. spells, all transmutation spells offer saves vs. petrify/polymorph, all invocation and Conjuration spells offer saves vs. breath, and all necromancy spells offer saves vs. death. Now you use wolpak's scripting magic to make high wisdom grant a bonus to saves vs. wands, and voilá, it will effectively grant a bonus against enchantment spells.

How about a mod that let's you become a slaver and capture creatures and sell them to the copper coronet slavers. And/Or have the copper Coronet become your stronghold. You would renew the business dealing in prostitution, gladitorial matches, slavery, and drugs. You would run afoul of the Order of the Radiant Heart and the Cowled Wizards.

This would truly be an opportunity for Yoshimo or a PC Bounty Hunter to live up to their name.

You could approximate it by standardizing saving throws offered to avoid/reduce spell effects. Say, all Enchantment spells offer saves vs. wands, all illusion spells offer saves vs. spells, all transmutation spells offer saves vs. petrify/polymorph, all invocation and Conjuration spells offer saves vs. breath, and all necromancy spells offer saves vs. death. Now you use wolpak's scripting magic to make high wisdom grant a bonus to saves vs. wands, and voilá, it will effectively grant a bonus against enchantment spells.

That would introduce an ocean of problems.

This would truly be an opportunity for Yoshimo or a PC Bounty Hunter to live up to their name.

Nothing of the kind will be considered (by me).

This might be quick and easy: activate the Candlekeep Keep door during the Prologue.

Sorry, see no point.

This might be quick and easy: activate the Candlekeep Keep door during the Prologue.

Sorry, see no point.

Please elaborate ... ok I'll do it for you, first of all the entrance is guarded by Gorion. Second the amount of work that this would take is a lots, you would have to recreate the areas without the spoiling elements and there's already a mod in BG2 that does this quite well(candlekeep chores).

Archived