Noobish questions in regard to the big world project

mesogirippa

Hi! : - )

I have baldurs gate enhanced edition 1 and 2. I want the maximum number of mods possible,which one of these options should i choose(picture below)?Does the "baldurs gate enhanced edition trilogy" install both together?so confused...

http://postimg.org/image/4l2j0u203/

Also another question.I would really appreciate if you could answer this one..What is the name of the mod i have described below?In any future installation i really wanna disable it (and any other mod that acts like it does)

When I was playing baldurs gate trilogy with a tactics installation (the original game,not enhanced one), there was a mod that made enemies randomly spawn when you were taking strolls through the wilderness.On low levels it was dogs and wolfes,then bandits,then orcs and orc shamans.....Nedless to say,the mod absolutely killed the game for me.Like,seriously what the heck?You are taking a stroll through the wilderness and suddenly a group of OP orks spawn infront of you and one shot you and the only way to hold them off was to cast mass invivisiblity and run away...

Last question:How much mod content does baldurs gate EE 1 and 2 have now compared to the original game?Have all big mods been converted?does it have atleast 60% as much quest and content mods as the original saga?

Thank you guys,thank you very much for taking time and reading this ^_^ have a nice day

That will eventually be the EET's install process yes, but the mod is not officially even out so... nor the official version.*

Also another question.I would really appreciate if you could answer this one..What is the name of the mod i have described below?In any future installation i really wanna disable it (and any other mod that acts like it does)

When I was playing baldurs gate trilogy with a tactics installation (the original game,not enhanced one), there was a mod that made enemies randomly spawn when you were taking strolls through the wilderness.On low levels it was dogs and wolfes,then bandits,then orcs and orc shamans.....Nedless to say,the mod absolutely killed the game for me.Like,seriously what the heck?You are taking a stroll through the wilderness and suddenly a group of OP orks spawn infront of you and one shot you and the only way to hold them off was to cast mass invivisiblity and run away...

That's likely the BGSpawns mod.

I have no idea about the EET's current state as it's not out of the beta and it's going to take a few days to get the official things out .. so what's the point in asking it even now. It would be best to either just be ready to test things out* or just wait a bit.

Well the BG:SoD will be out soon(30th day this month), so it will have a lots of content compared to the original games without that, but it won't have all the big mods that the original had, like NEJ & TS, that it kinda had... but we'll see what it shall have.

Besides, if you consider the so called big mods actually don't necessarily have the largest amount of content considering that they op you out of the other things that you could do if you pick the other mods characters ... so.

*And when you test things out, no one will ever be able to say which way is the best to do the things, as likely there will be dozens of incompatibilities that have never been able to be detected ... without any official releases.

hi jarno.i wish there was a "thanks" button : - D thank you for the quick and thorough reply.

"I have no idea about the EET's current state as it's not out of the beta and it's going to take a few days to get the official things out .. so what's the point in asking it even now."

i am confused.do you mean that it is about to be released?i was not aware that it is new.i thought its around for years on end like all the other mods out there :D.

"Besides, if you consider the so called big mods actually don't necessarily have the largest amount of content considering that they op you out "

do you mean that the big mods are incompatible with lots of smaller mods and thus in the grand scheme of things i actually would be better off to install the small mods instead of the big mods(in regard to EE 1 and 2)?

i am confused.do you mean that it is about to be released?

Well the EET will be officially out when the v2.0 BG2EE patch comes out, and that's promised to come when the Baldur's Gate Siege Of the Dragonspear comes, which is 30th Match, this year... so no, it's not years old, it's not officially even out yet. :p

Read the EET project readme, here. Just replace the v1.4 patch with v2.0 ... cause the v1.4 never actually came online, as the page is a bit old and stuff....

The beta version that the above link links to is somewhat well tested ... but it's not the official version as that version also ties the Siege Of the Dragon Spear adventure to the BG2 game. K4thos also took over a lot of the other mods in this list... via patching and so on plah plah plah.

do you mean that the big mods are incompatible with lots of smaller mods and thus in the grand scheme of things i actually would be better off to install the small mods instead of the big mods(in regard to EE 1 and 2)?

Well not exactly.

A few of the mods change the BG2 plot radically, for example there is mods that you don't side with either the thieves or the vampires in before you go to the Spellhold, and if you have a mod that depends on a particular plot line of that(examples are many, but NPC mods are in particular), the mods are can be compatible, but they won't be experienced in the same game, logically at least. There's timers in some of them and other mechanisms that make things difficult... combine that with the EET not being out yet officially at all, and you'll have a whole mess to sort through.

But yeah, the EET will have a lot of content eventually when you can add the IwDEE too to the whole thing, via the IwDEE-in-BG2EE mod, and so on.

I was going to ask similar questions to the OP but glad it has already been asked. May I ask what the progress is of EET in relation to BWS?

If I have BG1EE/BG2EE/IWD1EE and IWD2 (and SOD as well) can I make some magic (seriously the concept of combining all of these things in one super game is blowing my mind to the highest level) and download BWS and combine all these amazing games in one and play through everything as one game?

At the moment it seems that EET is out and available, but not sure if it combines all the games yet, and whether it is yet compatible with BWS? Correct me if I am wrong (and sorry still trying to get my head around all this) but at the moment it is possible to download EET and use it to combine the games but bugs are still being ironed out? Or have most things been since resolved?

Thank you to all of those involved with this modding process, seriously, this is incredible stuff!

I was going to ask similar questions to the OP but glad it has already been asked. May I ask what the progress is of EET in relation to BWS?

If I have BG1EE/BG2EE/IWD1EE and IWD2 (and SOD as well) can I make some magic (seriously the concept of combining all of these things in one super game is blowing my mind to the highest level) and download BWS and combine all these amazing games in one and play through everything as one game?

At the moment it seems that EET is out and available, but not sure if it combines all the games yet, and whether it is yet compatible with BWS? Correct me if I am wrong (and sorry still trying to get my head around all this) but at the moment it is possible to download EET and use it to combine the games but bugs are still being ironed out? Or have most things been since resolved?

Thank you to all of those involved with this modding process, seriously, this is incredible stuff!

EET is very much advanced by now even if still minor issues may be found and corrected for some while. It supports all games except IWD's (this is a planned next step, however). BWS does not YET support an EET installation, so you have to do it yourself, but it is announced to come in a little while. The last thing still missing to make life perfect is a Weidu update in support of it all and this is being worked on as well.

In a nutshell - all your dreams will come true pretty soon. It is a matter of some weeks only, but if you are not afraid of some manual installation you can get most of it already.

EET is very much advanced by now even if still minor issues may be found and corrected for some while. It supports all games except IWD's (this is a planned next step, however). BWS does not YET support an EET installation, so you have to do it yourself, but it is announced to come in a little while. The last thing still missing to make life perfect is a Weidu update in support of it all and this is being worked on as well.

In a nutshell - all your dreams will come true pretty soon. It is a matter of some weeks only, but if you are not afraid of some manual installation you can get most of it already.

Thank you for the very quick reply! You have made me so happy haha, I am willing to wait a few weeks, or months as needed for everything to get sorted out. :) Thank you thank you thank you!

Just to clarify though, are you saying IWD's will be sorted out in a few weeks as well, or were you just referring to EET in relation to BWS? Sorry, I am just being really eager. :)

Thank you for the very quick reply! You have made me so happy haha, I am willing to wait a few weeks, or months as needed for everything to get sorted out. :) Thank you thank you thank you!

Just to clarify though, are you saying IWD's will be sorted out in a few weeks as well, or were you just referring to EET in relation to BWS? Sorry, I am just being really eager. :)

All your questions are answered here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195. Take a look at one of the sub-forums for specific issues like IWD or other compatible mods.

All your questions are answered here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195. Take a look at one of the sub-forums for specific issues like IWD or other compatible mods.

Ah nice, thank you! I have a lot of reading to do. :)

I haven't played any of the infinity engine games (other than a quick flirt with PST) for many a year, though I played them all as a teenager. Now that the enhanced editions are out I thought I'd revisit IWD and BG (fingers crossed for a PST EE). I'm starting with IWD EE, as it seems the most stable (less content being made for it). After previous attempts at multi-mod downloads (with fair success with BG1/2, after many days of trial and error and research), I thought I'd give big world setup a go this time. It's been fantastic. All the mods and information in a single convenient location, I really don't want to go back to trawling websites for up to date mod information!

I've got a couple questions though, for people who may be in the know:
- A number of mods for IWD EE seem to be missing from BWS, is this due to a lack of updates on the mods or BWS?
-Some mods, like scales of balance, alter armour to give damage resistance. However, while the mods are present on BWS the DR components are absent. Does anyone know why? I'd really like to give HOF mode a go with DR. Give my paladin a fighting chance!
-Is anything major coming to IWD EE or BWS that would give me a reason to delay starting my new play through (Going to give a naked, level 1, HOF play through a try : )

-Edit, I noticed some components I tried to install were designed for 2.0 BG EE, and so would not work on 1.4 IWD EE. Does anyone know if IWD EE will be patched upto 2.0 and if that is why some mods seem to be lacking features in IWD EE?

I've got a couple questions though, for people who may be in the know:

- A number of mods for IWD EE seem to be missing from BWS, is this due to a lack of updates on the mods or BWS?

-Some mods, like scales of balance, alter armour to give damage resistance. However, while the mods are present on BWS the DR components are absent. Does anyone know why? I'd really like to give HOF mode a go with DR. Give my paladin a fighting chance!

-Is anything major coming to IWD EE or BWS that would give me a reason to delay starting my new play through (Going to give a naked, level 1, HOF play through a try : )

-Edit, I noticed some components I tried to install were designed for 2.0 BG EE, and so would not work on 1.4 IWD EE. Does anyone know if IWD EE will be patched upto 2.0 and if that is why some mods seem to be lacking features in IWD EE?

1- This is because the BWS has a delay on the mod update- to -process the information given, if it's supplied at all. And the non-EE game version is given the most priority.

2- sob's maker hasn't given a damn about the mods compatibility to BGEE, BG2EE, SoB or IWDEE in relation of what can and should be enabled in BWS, officially. As that info should be given here todays. And there's a post of his there, but it's a speculation about non related stuff to sob. He might have too many mods under him...

3-Well, eventually, when the EET is officially launched as a "finished" mod, aka a version v1.0 is up, the IWD-in-EET will be coming to it at some point by the same mod maker. And it will then use the same engine as the BG2EE uses, because just like the EET, it will add it's content as access-able area and so forth...

1- This is because the BWS has a delay on the mod update- to -process the information given, if it's supplied at all. And the non-EE game version is given the most priority.

2- sob's maker hasn't given a damn about the mods compatibility to BGEE, BG2EE, SoB or IWDEE in relation of what can and should be enabled in BWS, officially. As that info should be given here todays. And there's a post of his there, but it's a speculation about non related stuff to sob. He might have too many mods under him...

3-Well, eventually, when the EET is officially launched as a "finished" mod, aka a version v1.0 is up, the IWD-in-EET will be coming to it at some point by the same mod maker. And it will then use the same engine as the BG2EE uses, because just like the EET, it will add it's content as access-able area and so forth...

1: Really, the non-EE is given priority? When I've been looking around on the forums there seems to be alot of support for EE versions. I read that they were easier to mod. It also seemed that there was enthusiasm for porting mods to EE.

2:"sob"? You mean alot of mod makers don't give the BWS devs the proper information that they need to fully integrate mods?

3: I don't think I'm interested in IWD-in-EET. It would just allow my BG character to travel to IWD, which sounds fun but would completely mess up the balance (unless my main BG character moves up to IWD to do HOF after the BG champaign).

So, that's unfortunate. I liked what I had heard about EE (easier to mod, all IE games on a single (kinda) system for cross-mod support). I may have to try downloading the original IWD and trying to run BWS on that to see if I can get the mods I want. I may try to contact the doctor guy (the dev for scales of balance) to see why the armour part of his/her mod isn't functioning on EE.

Also, I see that they are working on including IWD 2 in the EET. If they could find a way to introduce the feats from IWD2 into all the EE games, that would be pretty damn nice. I'm guessing though that all the 3e stuff would be dropped to get it to fit the EET system.

1. Yes, there's 500 mods in that portion of the tool. And it's still the primary section of it, it's what was there the first.

You'll also notice that while you mod, the EE mods can do a few things more, but it also needs more from the code you set up. For example you can have Sorcerer, Monk and Shaman kits now, but you'll also need to extend all the kits with a .tpa extension that hasn't been added to the weidu.exe yet.

Also the EE mod making gains a lot from the old mods and the additions they have set to be in the weidu.exe, as it has gained generalized code extensions.

2. subtledoctor hasn't made a post about the SoD mod. And if you go and check klatu's posts and mine and ALIENs reaction to it, you'll see how wrong he is in the generalization of the mod compatibility. But klatu is not problem... but the other mods that have no testers & messages is the problem.

...the 3rd edition rule system tweak as an idea is... likely never going to happen in the EE games, the reason why is that you'll need to sacrifice the HLA section to get it working, the kits and other things. Or you'll need to do a "refinement scroll use HLA trick", aka a gimmick that is very convoluted that it's not funny, for a very little gain.

Well. you guys who keep the modding going really earn my respect. Not just those that create their own mods, but those who really put in the effort to make it collaboratory and put effort into multi-mod installations like BWS. I know as soon as money gets mentioned it brings up a whole bucket of problems (who gets paid for what from what donations), but you guys do deserve reward for all the time you put in.
Which forum do you think is worth keeping track of for up to date information with regards to mega mod installations across the EE spectrum? I notice that the spellhold studios forum seems to have more activity.

Just to clean some things:

1. BWS used to have BG2/BGT priority but it only depends on who is currently doing most of maintainers work. I'm focused on EE/EET currently. IIRC all of the install order changes was also added into BG2/BGT section.

2. BWS part for IWDEE mods selection hasn't been updated for a long time and IWD as whole didn't get deserve amount of attention because there are far too many things to maintain.

@Jarno

subtledoctor hasn't made a post about the SoD mod

this is not true. Actually is opposite: subtledoctor answer all of the questions from BWS maintainers and even try to contribute them directly into BWS. Saying that "hasn't given a damn about the mods compatibility" is unfair :spanking:

@MichaelFurlong

Spellhold Studios forum has dedicated sub-forum for Mega Mod Help http://www.shsforums.net/forum/193-mega-mod-help/

And thanks for you kind words :thumbsup:

Archived