EET v13.4 released

Mmm, I did play a bunch more(just went through durlag's tower!) but I barely walked into the government district(just enough to see she wasn't there) and I only got the Gaal cutscene in the temple district so a reset of the government district shouldn't be an issue and it could be possible to work around the temple district. It might be too much work though in which case i guess I can try spawning them via console.

I tried executing the MoveGlobal line via console without success at bringing her back.

I tried executing the MoveGlobal line via console without success at bringing her back.

that's expected, you need to wait for fix to make it work again.

Mmm, I did play a bunch more(just went through durlag's tower!) but I barely walked into the government district(just enough to see she wasn't there) and I only got the Gaal cutscene in the temple district so a reset of the government district shouldn't be an issue and it could be possible to work around the temple district.

Send me latest save once you finish playing. When the fix is ready I will upload both save and hotfix. It will take few hours since I have work to do before I'm able to sit on it.

Actually, I forgot I was careful, I went back to the autosave before entering the government district so I haven't entered it yet in the latest save. This leaves the government district with the gaal cutscene and the garrick cutscene to reset. However, there's another good option for evil fighter so it might not be worth bothering with it, i can just skip playing with dorn and test the fix by recruiting Viconia.

I have no idea how much work is an area reset so up to you, I can make do without it.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

If you really have a save from before you ever entered ar1000 you could already check the proposed solution by modifying your ar1000.bcs with k4thos new code, then go there and find Viconia is there (hopefully)

IF
Global("K#ViconiaImport","AR1000",0)
BeenInParty("Viconia")
GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",20)
!StateCheck("Viconia",STATE_REALLY_DEAD)
THEN
RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride("Viconia",ChangeAIScript("VICONIA",OVERRIDE)) //ADD THIS LINE
MoveGlobal("AR1000","Viconia",[1821.1081])

etc...

Yay! She's there. Good job again.

Tell me about the temple district thing though, I have no idea how to "reset" a map from a save and then partly restore it.

You already have visited it, right?

Or do you have a save from before you went there?

Yay! She's there. Good job again.

Tell me about the temple district thing though, I have no idea how to "reset" a map from a save and then partly restore it.

Good news - this means that k4thos fix will work for this and similar cases (...not that we doubted it...).

I have already visited the temple district, but I haven't done much there, I basically walked around to get to the other maps. I'm afraid of what would happen if I were to reset the map and go through the eyeless cutscene again as it could mess up some stuff I guess. It's however not much so I guess someone with the skills could restore the variables to a post eyeless cutscene(I don't care much for the garrick one tbh).

I have already visited the temple district, but I haven't done much there, I basically walked around to get to the other maps. I'm afraid of what would happen if I were to reset the map and go through the eyeless cutscene again as it could mess up some stuff I guess. It's however not much so I guess someone with the skills could restore the variables to a post eyeless cutscene(I don't care much for the garrick one tbh).

This is not the problem, the issue is to restore Dorn, since the same thing that made Viconia disappear has happened to him. In Viconia's case you had a save from before that happened, in Dorn's case you have not. Maybe someone else knows how to restore him to the game in this new version 2.3 with EET.

Oh ok, I misunderstood the problem, could I technically use a save from before the temple district but after SoD and replace him in the save? (I have the chapter debut etc)

If it's linked to his character it might be plausible actually. I'm still a noob when it comes to modding though.

Edit : If yes, how can I do that? I'm looking at the .gam in NI right now but I don't see any obvious way to do it.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

Oh ok, I misunderstood the problem, could I technically use a save from before the temple district but after SoD and replace him in the save? (I have the chapter debut etc)

If it's linked to his character it might be plausible actually. I'm still a noob when it comes to modding though.

Here is something to try

Modify AR0900.bcs like this

IF

HasDLC("dorn")

GlobalLT("OHD_PLOT","GLOBAL",1)

Global("K#DornImport","AR0900",0)

BeenInParty("Dorn")

GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",20)

!StateCheck("Dorn",STATE_REALLY_DEAD)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride("Dorn",ChangeAIScript("DORN",OVERRIDE)) //ADD the line here

MoveGlobal("AR0900","Dorn",[2550.3394])

Move to the temple area near where you expect Dorn to be

via Console do C:SetGlobal("K#DornImport","AR0900",0)

See if he is now spawned.

It works, he initiates dialog as if I just kicked him from the party but then I can initiate dialog with him to start his quest.

Thank you :)!

You said earlier

Dorn disappeared during the following black screen...

at the end of SoD And now

he initiates dialog as if I just kicked him from the party

When he comes back he still has to say his goodbye lines from earlier on. This may be another thing to look into.

The SoD GUI - while I like it better aesthetically than the BG2EE GUI - is inferior anyway. Another problem with it is that the kit selection screens in character generation do not have scroll bars, whereas the ones from BGEE and BG2EE do. So I guess if you have more than ~13 kits installed in each class, or if you plan to reach HLA levels, you ought not to use the SoD GUI.