EET v13.4 released

I can confirm as well. It looks like the fix has not been applied to BG3300.TIS and the two other reported maps.

Edit: @K4thos The culprit is COPY_EXISTING in the FIX_WATER function. Since you never install TIS files directly, but instead biff them from a working directory, you have to adapt the function accordingly.

Edited by argent77

I'm having a problem with Viconia in SoD, she's constantly initiating dialogue with my character, i'm not sure what's the normal behavior supposed to be. Would someone know a workaround to make her stop until I see if it happens to another npc ?

send me a save file, I will check what part of script initiates this dialogue. It may be vanilla bug though considering EET doesn't modify her script in any way that could cause it.

looks like the dialogue is initiated by Proximity Trigger attached to BD7300.ARE (Viconia Romance 1) using BDROM03.BCS. Can't reproduce it on my game. The expected conversation should start with:
"Once again, our fates intertwine" but that's not what you see in your game, right? Post the first few words of the conversation she starts and I will be able to find which dialogue is triggered instead and why.
If you don't want to wait you can continue your game by deleting BDROM03.BCS from Override but that won't be necessary if we find the problematic dialogue itself.

Edited by K4thos

The dialog that starts is "*The dark lady of the underdark walks beside you - a mystery made flesh. [...]" I believe it's the "Player-initiated dialogue" added by BG1 npc.

https://i.imgur.com/1E3CXwY.png

This is the PID from BG1NPC mod.

I had a similar event with Imoen during SoD when she (not even in party) issued the opening line from her PID. (some trigger in bd6200 or bd6100 in my case).

Most likely this is because something triggers a dialogue but the only one the engine finds at that point is the Joined dialogue file (where the PIDs are) - just guessing, but there seems to be a pattern here.

The halfling messenger in BG3800 (Halfmiri.cre) does not drop the letter for Miriam (scrl3i.itm). I checked in NI and he should have this inventory item, but it has no flags set in the cre file (not flag droppable).

The letter is dropped by one of the Ogrillons. However, it's not flagged as quest item, so it might disappear if you come back later to pick it up.

The letter is also present in the dead halfling's inventory. But he shouldn't drop anything since he's already dead when the map is loaded.

The halfling messenger in BG3800 (Halfmiri.cre) does not drop the letter for Miriam (scrl3i.itm). I checked in NI and he should have this inventory item, but it has no flags set in the cre file (not flag droppable).

The letter is dropped by one of the Ogrillons. However, it's not flagged as quest item, so it might disappear if you come back later to pick it up.

The letter is also present in the dead halfling's inventory. But he shouldn't drop anything since he's already dead when the map is loaded.

You are right, now I remember as well. Found it - the second Ogrillon ran away in panic and was at a far end of the map with the letter.

Thanks

that would explain it. Never played with PID (Player-Initiated Dialogues) installed, so never encountered it. There is also nothing like this in vanilla game. But it makes sense considering the only trigger check in PID dialogues in BG1NPC Project is:

IsGabber(Player1)

Same would happen in vanilla game if any mod installed after BG1NPC Project would append a new dialogue to VICONJ.DLG file because PID would be earlier and would trigger without our intention instead of that later dialogue. But there is a way to make PID dialogues compatible with mods installed later and EET that automatically merges join dialogue files. This additional trigger should do the job:

ObjectActionListEmpty(Myself)

Once it's there PID won't be initiated when dialogue is triggered by script for example via:

ActionOverride("Viconia",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))

And you will be still able to initiate dialogue manually with her, so nothing really is changed.

Please install mod attached to this message and let me know if it fixes the problem. It should update every single PID dialogue in your game.

fixPID.rar

Edited by K4thos

that would explain it. Never played with PID (Player-Initiated Dialogues) installed, so never encountered it. There is also nothing like this in vanilla game. But it makes sense considering the only trigger check in PID dialogues in BG1NPC Project is:

IsGabber(Player1)

Same would happen in vanilla game if any mod installed after BG1NPC Project would append a new dialogue to VICONJ.DLG file because PID would be earlier and would trigger without our intention instead of that later dialogue. But there is a way to make PID dialogues compatible with mods installed later and EET that automatically merges join dialogue files. This additional trigger should do the job:

ObjectActionListEmpty(Myself)

Once it's there PID won't be initiated when dialogue is triggered by script for example via:

ActionOverride("Viconia",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))

And you will be still able to initiate dialogue manually with her, so nothing really is changed.

Please install mod attached to this message and let me know if it fixes the problem. It should update every single PID dialogue in your game.

I agree with your analysis, but I have a question to the solution. It seems this is aimed at PIDs from BG1NPC mod specifically. What will it do to any other use of IsGabber(Player1) that is in the game?

Besides, there are also other mods with PIDs...

If there are any side effects on other mods or uses, it may be best to add this solution as a feature to BG1NPCs which is normally installed pretty early in the game and in front of other contents adding mods - this way it will not impact others.

PS - Most likely the only campaign in the game using such triggers is SoD. Maybe the BG1NPC PIDs could have something not to trigger in SoD? I think the makers of that mod have declared several times that they will not add SoD contents to their work ?

Edited by Roxanne