EET v13.4 released

do not have scroll bars, whereas the ones from BGEE and BG2EE do. So I guess if you have more than ~13 kits installed in each class, or if you plan to reach HLA levels, you ought not to use the SoD GUI.

Erhm, have you had that many(in SoD) ? As they might only be there if you do have enough to need them.

Well it's no big deal it seems, I did it a second time to screencap the dialog and it didn't happen again. I'm pretty sure it was the "just kicked out from party" dialog I got earlier.

Not sure what happened but heh ¯\(ツ)/¯

fixed

Dorn or Viconia aren't present in Athkathla for me. I'm on RC4 and I don't think I have a mod that would affect Dorn so i'm surprised.

https://www.dropbox....re vico.7z?dl=0

and fixed

Thanks for both reports. I see that Roxanne already told you what to do in console and scripts (so no need to send your latest save) but you should still install the patch attached to this post because it will fix the same problems with other NPCs too. Before using it consider uninstalling patch attached to this post because new one fixes those problems too without disabling the feature for mods.

hotFix.rar

Edited by K4thos

Yes. With just my own mods plus Song & Silence, I've tested with >12 bard kits, and with >14 druid kits, and >18 cleric kits. BGEE 2.3 and BG2EE 2.3 give you scroll bars. SoD 2.3 does not.

It was just an oversight in the SoD UI. But unfortunately the oversight has persisted through 3 patches since the original 2.0 release. And who know if or when 2.4 might come out.

So if you like to install mod kits (or, apparently, using HLAs), then I recommend using the BG2EE UI.

Edited by subtledoctor

Sometimes I can loot stackable items without "charge". They don't display a number in the inventory screen and adding them to existing stacks don't increase the stack. It's been fixed after a save and reload. I've seen it with a healing potion and an arrow of dispelling so far. Both were most likely random drops. I can't remember who dropped the potion, but the arrow was dropped by a spawned bandit with bandit scalp. Maybe another quirk of the new treasure table system?

Edited by argent77
Sometimes I can loot stackable items without "charge". They don't display a number in the inventory screen and adding them to existing stacks don't increase the stack. It's been fixed after a save and reload. I've seen it with a healing potion and an arrow of dispelling so far. Both were most likely random drops. I can't remember who dropped the potion, but the arrow was dropped by a spawned bandit with bandit scalp. Maybe another quirk of the new treasure table system?

I've had that happen a lot too. The 0 stack item can however be sold.

I've also had "invalid : 9999999" appear on the ground with no icon. I could grab them, and if I put them on the ground again, they'd turn to a 0 stack item. I should have a save of it if someone wants to look at it.

Sounds like RNDTRES.2DA quirks, indeed. RC5 release (which is almost ready) shouldn't have this problem.

Hey, I did a fresh install with RC4 today (since I wanted to change a few mods anyway) and while testing stuff I noticed that the alternate SoD GUI EET offers does not come with an "abilities" button (for high level abilities) which means charcters can no longer level up as soon as they get HLAs.

thanks for report, will be fixed in next version.

It was just an oversight in the SoD UI. But unfortunately the oversight has persisted through 3 patches since the original 2.0 release. And who know if or when 2.4 might come out.

If it won't be fixed in the 2.4 patch than I will try to fix it locally.

Edited by K4thos

I don't know which subject I should use but I've just had a weird thing happen as I met Rasaad. Luckily, I have a save just before(though not just before entering trademeet).

He was in the street next to the High Merchant's home, I had the discussion with himto recruit him, I did and then kicked him out then I went north to the center of the town and the cutscene where he beats other monks happened weirdly.

Here's the save, he's to the right outside the building.

I don't know which subject I should use but I've just had a weird thing happen as I met Rasaad. Luckily, I have a save just before(though not just before entering trademeet).

He was in the street next to the High Merchant's home, I had the discussion with himto recruit him, I did and then kicked him out then I went north to the center of the town and the cutscene where he beats other monks happened weirdly.

Here's the save, he's to the right outside the building.

I remember this issue from an earlier playthrough. It may not be related to EET but a bug from the vanilla game. Did you look at the bean dogs forum for the issue? Much of the Rasaad quest was bugged when I last played with him.

Edited by Roxanne

Nothing on Redmine about it, I've never had it before so I assumed it'd be related. Let's wait and see if it happens to other persons.

Looking at the scripts of ar2000 and those monks there is a good chance for the scene to evolve as you describe it (EET or no EET).

The monks spawn independently and the cutscene can trigger if Rasaad is still in the area (you say he was walking north to escape area) and one of your party is standing close enough (20) to one of the monks.

To fix the scrollbar issue in vanilla/EET SOD GUI just add the following line to the CHARGEN_KIT menu, list item:

Scrollbar 'GUISCRC'

So it looks like this:

rowheight 44
		area 22 100 340 490
		table "chargen.kit"
		var currentChargenKit
		scrollbar 'GUISCRC'

Note - the scrollbar won't appear unless there are more items than the height (490px / 44px items - so 12 or more kits).

EDIT: Had another quick look at it - I'm not sure they will fix it for vanilla SOD GUI - the maximum number of kits in a vanilla unmodded game is 10 (for Mage class) - since the vanilla SOD GUI has space for 11 there is no need for them to add a scrollbar there - so maybe they don't see it as a bug? Vanilla BG2 GUI only has space for 8 kits - hence the need for a scrollbar.

As stated, the HLA button is missing in vanilla SOD GUI too - it should be in the chargen_proficiencies menu. Also, the whole HLA section is missing from SOD GUI (again, because it's probably not needed in the vanilla game). Here are the relevant buttons/menu/lua from BG2 GUI - they will need converting and repositioning for EET SOD GUI.

button
	{
		enabled "chargen.levelingUp"
		area 650 718 238 44
		bam GUIOSTUR
		text "ABILITIES_BUTTON"
		text style "button"
		toggle "levelUpInfoToggle"
		clickable lua "createCharScreen:IsHighLevelAbilitiesButtonClickable()"
		action
		"
			createCharScreen:OnHighLevelAbilitiesButtonClick()
		"
	}
`
currentHLASelection = nil
function chargenHLADescription()
	if currentHLASelection == nil then
		return 63817
	else
		return chargen.HLAs[currentHLASelection].description
	end
end
function chargenHLAPlusMinusFrame(cell, rownumber)
	if cell == 3 then
		if chargen.HLAs[rownumber].canAdd then
			return currentCellCheck(cell)
		else
			return 3
		end
	elseif cell == 4 then
		if chargen.HLAs[rownumber].canSubtract then
			return currentCellCheck(cell)
		else
			return 3
		end
	end
end
`
menu
{
	name 'CHARGEN_HIGH_LEVEL_ABILITIES'
	align center center
	ignoreesc
	modal
	onOpen 
	"
		currentHLASelection = nil
	"
	label
	{
		area 0 0 864 710
		mosaic GUIHSBS
	}
	label
	{
		area 74 10 716 52
		text "ABILITIES_TITLE"
		text style "title"
	}
	label
	{
		area 36 114 448 52
		text lua "chargen.numHLAs"
		text style "title"
	}
	text
	{
		area 522 118 302 494
		text lua "Infinity_FetchString(chargenHLADescription())"
		text style "normal"
		scrollbar	'GUISCRC'
	}

list
	{
		column
		{
			width 15

label
			{
				bam GUIBTBUT
				area 0 0 52 52 
				align center center
				icon lua "chargen.HLAs[rowNumber].icon"
				glow lua "chargen.HLAs[rowNumber].count > 0"
				count lua "chargen.HLAs[rowNumber].count"
			}
		}
		column
		{
			width 61
			label
			{
				area 4 0 -1 -1
				text lua "Infinity_FetchString(chargen.HLAs[rowNumber].name)"
				text style "normal"
				align left center

}
		}
		column
		{
			width 12
			label
			{
				area 0 4 45 42
				bam GUIOSW
				frame lua "chargenHLAPlusMinusFrame(3, rowNumber)"
				sequence 0
			}
		}
		column
		{
			width 12
			label
			{
				area 0 4 45 42
				bam GUIOSW
				frame lua "chargenHLAPlusMinusFrame(4, rowNumber)"
				sequence 1

}
		}

scrollbar	'GUISCRC'
		rowheight 52
		area 58 194 404 404
		table "chargen.HLAs"
		var currentHLASelection
		action 
		"
			print(chargen.HLAs[currentHLASelection].count)
			if cellNumber == 3 and chargenHLAPlusMinusFrame(3, currentHLASelection) ~= 3 then
				createCharScreen:OnHLAButtonClick(currentHLASelection, 1)
			elseif cellNumber == 4 and chargenHLAPlusMinusFrame(4, currentHLASelection) ~= 3 then
				createCharScreen:OnHLAButtonClick(currentHLASelection, -1)
			end
			cellNumber = nil
		"
	}
	button
	{
		area 210 652 238 44
		bam GUIOSTUL
		text "DONE_BUTTON"
		text style "button"
		clickable lua "createCharScreen:IsDoneButtonClickable()"
		action 
		"
			createCharScreen:OnDoneButtonClick()
		"
	}
}
Edited by mr2150

EDIT: Had another quick look at it - I'm not sure they will fix it for vanilla SOD GUI - the maximum number of kits in a vanilla unmodded game is 10 (for Mage class) - since the vanilla SOD GUI has space for 11 there is no need for them to add a scrollbar there - so maybe they don't see it as a bug? Vanilla BG2 GUI only has space for 8 kits - hence the need for a scrollbar.

Are you sure? The BG2EE GUI doesn't even display all of the wizard kits?? I confess I haven't specifically looked, but that would surprise me, as I believe the BGEE UI does show them all, as does the 15-year-old TOB GUI.

Anyway it's an easy fix and they seem receptive, so I'm hoping they'll make the change so as to not screw over all kit mods on their new flagship product...

Yes, you can make the change. But honestly, asking players to do that themselves is insane. I'd be happy to do it as a modder... except they created a UI modding system that can't work with Weidu. It's like the bad old days of Override mods and manual tinkering in NI.

I for one won't bother with any kind of UI modding until they support a system that lets players install different UI Tweaks from different sources, for different parts of the UI, in a compatible way. k4thos could implement what you suggest, but then a player might easily overwrite the change by adding some other UI tweak. Or has to delve into a bunch of Lua code and be super careful not to break anything.

I know this stuff seems simple to you guys who have taken classes in programming and easily understand different kinds of code, but for 99% of players it is very intimidating and intensely unpleasant. The opposite experience they want when sitting down to spend precious free time playing a computer game.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I'm just saying, "just add the scroll bars yourselves" is a bad solution to this problem that is MUCH more easily patched by the devs.

Well, for one, we've at least got the BG2EE UI with the cool scroll bars so it's probably a question of adding it to the Dragonspear UI++ until Beamdog do it themselves.

Then, if I understand correctly how it works, the UI.menu is interpreted by the engine on start and on F5 press. Since menus are named, wouldn't it be possible to place code for different parts at the end of the file? There's a chance it'll override the old one and kinda works.

I feel like Dragonspear UI++ is how we'll handle it in the future though, it has a SkyUI like menu for mods and includes many different things, it could be used as an aggregate for other ui mods (install'd go by sections of the UI?). It kind of is right now too.

Relating to EET, I don't think there's any rush to fix the SoD UI, it doesn't break the game and when the time comes to have Dragonspear UI++ in an EET format, it'll be "quickly" done as well to add hlas and scrolling to the base SoD EET UI.

I just killed the drow war party left of the imprisonment machine and I found a broken armor and 1 less armor than the number of drows. I reloaded before the fight, did it again and indeed there was 1 more armor on the ground and no broken one. Seems like drow armors can break due to the Iron Crisis, unless it broke due to something else that I don't know?