berelinde's Keldorn Romance

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Hi Jastey,

I have a problem but I'm not sure if it's a side effect of Keldorn Romance mod. As you know, I'm doing multiple romances: Anomen, Dorn, and Keldorn. Anomen is at LoveTalk 32, Keldorn is at 71, and Dorn is at 19. Anomen is stuttering (He stops doing what he's doing every few seconds). Any idea how to fix this, or how to do a workaround for Anomen?

Thanks!

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Never mind. I solved it myself. I removed this section then Anomen is back to normal.

IF
    Global("B!KeldornIgnoreAnomenRom","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalGT("LoveTalk","LOCALS",31)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("B!KeldornIgnoreAnomenRom","GLOBAL",0)
END

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Can the descriptions of the weapons be updated to make it in line with the original games items? In the original BG2 item descriptions, the equipped abilities are written in a separate section above the usual combat abilities section (thac0 and damage). For Zasheida's Talon, it's not so bad because the AC +2 bonus is in the description. But for Long Death, the equipped ability, improved haste, is only in the lore description so I thought the only thing it did was give +2 cold damage. I seldom read the lore description, only for murky potions.

Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl

Something like this:

Long Death

Death is swift, and it is cold. Both can also be said of this halberd. Once, it belonged to Vakola, Keldorn's enemy, but now, it is yours.  

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Improved hasted

THAC0: +3
Damage:  1D10 +2, +2 points of cold damage
Damage type:  piercing
Weight: 12
Speed Factor: 7
Proficiency Type: Halberd
Type:  2-handed
Requires: 13 Strength

Zasheida's Talon

This scimitar is slender and dangerous, like the woman who once owned it. Besides being an exceptionally fast weapon, it makes the wielder slightly harder to hit.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Armor Class: +2

THAC0: +3
Damage:  1D8 +3
Damage type:  Slashing
Weight:  3
Proficiency Type: Scimitar
Speed Factor:  2
Type:  1-handed
Requires: 8 Strength

Guest kilver

Hello. So I started playing BG2EE with the mod. He went to the house, we didn't kill Thorpe, then he didn't stay with Maria. She summoned him 5 days later, then he returned and said that she's gone. Now is 3 days later and he hasn't said anything. The readme says that 2 days later he'll say something, so thats why I'm confused. My character is LG human paladin, and in my team there are Yoshimo, Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie and (obviously) Keldorn. No romance characters, so I don't think this is the issue. Other mods I have are Xan romance and Edwin romance, but in this gameplay none of them are, or were, in my team. So is it some bug or is first conversation triggered by something?

Guest grainne6

I have a bug with this mod.  I don't want to romance Keldorn, I just wanted a guilt free way of keeping him in the party.  I am romancing Anomen but this mod caused a stutter after my pc spend the night with Anomen. I used the advice given here http://www.shsforums.net/topic/33937-how-to-gather-clues-when-debugging-stuttering/ and it was the b!anomen_romfix file that was causing the problem.  I don't really know anything about modding so I just deleted this file and reinstalled the mod and everything seemed to work fine. 

But should the Keldorn romance have ended now? B!KELDORNRA is still set to 1 and I just had a dialogue between Anomen and Keldorn about my pc which seemed a little odd.  I assume I can just set B!KELDORNRA to 3 and this will end it but I would prefer not to miss content if the talks are supposed to continue.  B!KELLT is set to 29.   Any advice would be appreciated.

It's a really great mod by the way and well worth having even if you don't want to romance Keldorn.

Looking at the script I'm surprised it ever did not lead to a stutter. 🤔

You could do the following via cheats:

Setting the Global("B!KeldornIgnoreAnomenRom","GLOBAL",2) to "2" should end the stutter.

Setting the Global("B!KeldornRA","GLOBAL",3) to "3" will prevent Keldorn to hit on your PC again (because the other variable tells him to ignore the Anomen romance.)

On 2/16/2020 at 2:07 PM, Guest grainne6 said:

But should the Keldorn romance have ended now? B!KELDORNRA is still set to 1 and I just had a dialogue between Anomen and Keldorn about my pc which seemed a little odd.  I assume I can just set B!KELDORNRA to 3 and this will end it but I would prefer not to miss content if the talks are supposed to continue.  B!KELLT is set to 29.   Any advice would be appreciated.

Missed this. Keldorn's talks go as far as Global("B!KelLT","GLOBAL",68) for his advances to the PC which she can decline and end the romance. If you want to see all content, do not set Global("B!KeldornRA","GLOBAL",3) to "3" and just let the romance play out and shut it down via reply options.