A Couple of things about Garrick

Belanos

First of all there's a bit of a bug when I talk to him after Silke's death. No matter what I say he joins the party anyway.

Secondly, as a Bard he should have the option of approaching a bar owner in order to put on a performance and making a bit of cash for the party. That is how he would make a living after all, and it would add a bit of value to him as a character. You could even include a few patrons here and there that give him some extra cash or other reward for doing a special request. I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps you could tie this to his level. If he knows any of the higher level songs he gets a reward, maybe from some nostalgic adventurer who would love to hear the old battle songs once again.

as a Bard he should have the option of approaching a bar owner in order to put on a performance and making a bit of cash for the party. That is how he would make a living after all, and it would add a bit of value to him as a character. You could even include a few patrons here and there that give him some extra cash or other reward for doing a special request. I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps you could tie this to his level. If he knows any of the higher level songs he gets a reward, maybe from some nostalgic adventurer who would love to hear the old battle songs once again.

Well, there are a lot of bars in the game. If there were a really nice hook for one or two episodes, that could be done but there's not much point in coding every taproom in sight unless the payoff is consistently good - and varied. Plus, there's no new voicing in this mod, so that would flatten out the performance some.

If you have a specific gimmick, poem or tale you think would work especially well, PM Andyr - Garrick is his NPC. Or, if the version is cynically depraved, PM me for Eldoth.

Well, there are a lot of bars in the game.  If there were a really nice hook for one or two episodes, that could be done but there's not much point in coding every taproom in sight unless the payoff is consistently good - and varied.  Plus, there's no new voicing in this mod, so that would flatten out the performance some.

If you have a specific gimmick, poem or tale you think would work especially well, PM Andyr - Garrick is his NPC.  Or, if the version is cynically depraved, PM me for Eldoth.

Well it doesn't have to be every bar, just the most high class. And an actual performance wouldn't be necessary, just a dialogue option would do. Think of it as sort of an Easter egg if you use him for dialogue initiation once in awhile.

The problem that I see with it, unless it is a localized encounter in say Beregost is that if PC is a bard... etc. Ie we will have to implement the whole new concept in the game - being payed for songs, like in Arcanum. Which is beyound this project's scope imho. Same goes for strongholds before anyone asks ??? Eldoth btw have his shining moment in FAI ;)

The problem that I see with it, unless it is a localized encounter in say Beregost is that if PC is a bard... etc. Ie we will have to implement the whole new concept in the game - being payed for songs, like in Arcanum. Which is beyound this project's scope imho. Same goes for strongholds before anyone asks  ???  Eldoth btw have his shining moment in FAI ;)

I'm not really suggesting anything complex, just a few encounters here and there for Garrick alone, not the Bard class per se. Like in Beregost, he could approach one of the bar owners for a gig, and make a bit of gold, or maybe have some appreciative patron give him some sort of magical item. Just a few things here and there to add a bit of flavour for him as a Bard, and a chance to pick some items that you normally wouldn't get otherwise. For instance, I just got a Ring of Charming, or some such thing, from Lord Foreshadow before I entered Nashkel, something that's never happened before. For people like me who have played the game a few times, it's nice to get unexpected encounters here and there.

On bars: Noted. ;) I will see if I can come up with something...

I'm not sure what is causing the problem about him always joining. I didn't touch his join dialogue... Perhaps it is a Tutu thing?

What mods and stuff you using?

On bars: Noted. ;) I will see if I can come up with something...

I'm not sure what is causing the problem about him always joining. I didn't touch his join dialogue... Perhaps it is a Tutu thing?

What mods and stuff you using?

Let me think now:

Cleric Remix

Sounds and Silence

Vault v4

Roque Rebalancing

Sirine's Call

Indira

TGCep

Tutu Tweaks

SP Collection v4

It seems pretty natural for a Bard to have some encounters in a bar. And being something of a bard myself, I know how it works. Sometimes complete strangers will come up to me because they've heard me playing music on the street. Sometimes they give me things, sometimes I just get praise; sometimes I even get criticism.

Here's an idea on a negative note. Some irate farmwife comes up to Garrick because he wooed and deflowered her daughter. Since the party is travelling with an obvious scoundrel, they lose 1 point on their reputation.

I find it's far to easy to get a Heroic reputation in the game, especially now that you guys added that new one in the mines. Nice going BTW, I always felt bad about not being able to rescue that miner, even though I promised to. I no longer have to be wracked with guilt at not being able to save his life. ;)

Hmph! I can hardly imagine Eldoth stooping to trifle with the affections of a (presumably quite poor) farmer's daughter.

Unless she were *very* pretty.

*And* so easily susceptible that no outrage should have been morally justifiable, whatever the event.

I didn't mean Eldoth or Coran would leave broken hearts of poor farmer's daughters all along their path; What I wanted to say is that Garrick in my eyes is too good-hearted to brake any woman's heart, whereas Eldolth could do - because he is more selfish, and Coran - because he might change his mind even after a period of dear intimate feelings.

But Garrick could find himself in a situation where he suddenly realises the woman whos admiration he enjoyed so far is more persistent and expecting more than he actually intended... Where I could imagine him to silently dissappear.

But that's only my two pence on Garrick, not necessarily matching the character Andyr is drawing... Only how I imagine him. ;) I only wanted to post my opinion to the "rep loose" idea. ???

Edit: And I should really learn that the spelling "deer" refers to an animal not to be used in this context.

But Garrick could find himself in a situation where he suddenly realises the woman whos admiration he enjoyed so far is more persistent and expecting more than he actually intended... Where I could imagine him to silently dissappear.

That might be interesting, Garrick's own personal Noober who shows up at unexpected places. ;)

You know that I actually had the idea of a Garrick BGII-mod (he would join after his romantic slapstick with the Order knight is over), and there are some quite interesting ideas in this thread. ;) (-I'm not going to make it, though. Only one of those ideas that pop into my mind from time to time.) And hey, this post wasn't even off-topic!

Archived