IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

9 hours ago, Lianos said:

Short Sword of Backstabbing (SW1H10) once again

Typo: "Damge type piercing" -> should be "Damge type: slashing"

8 hours ago, Lord_Tansheron said:

Aren't short swords usually piercing, not slashing? Was this changed for the SSoBS in particular?

I was initially confused by what Lianos wrote as well, but it seems as though I made a goof recently where I accidentally replaced two instances of "Damage type: piercing" with "Damage type piercing". The missing colon is breaking Weapon Changes and preventing this sword (and Short Sword of Mask +5) from having their descriptions updated to say "slashing" when you install Weapon Changes (as Weapon Changes makes short swords slashing damage instead, as has been the case for many years). Thanks, Lianos!

5 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Why do you suggest installing IRR's secondary components after SCS in particular?

In my experience, because there are no negative consequences to do doing so (unlike SR's secondary components), and to make sure it catches all items added by other mods. If you're concerned about it, do it right before - that particular one is one of the softer recommendations of my suggested install order, :).

(e): Amended install order for secondary components in the IRR/SRR original posts and readmes for EET's sake.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Is there any possibility this could have resulted in robes disabling Wizard spells? I don't really see it, but this mod, Faiths and Powers, and Scales of Balance are the only things touching them and it's somehow ended up being the case. I don't really know where that thing is even defined (per-item basis, or somewhere broader) but if it is on a per-item basis then one of the three has done something very odd.

2 hours ago, Guest Alkaid said:

Is there any possibility this could have resulted in robes disabling Wizard spells? I don't really see it, but this mod, Faiths and Powers, and Scales of Balance are the only things touching them and it's somehow ended up being the case. I don't really know where that thing is even defined (per-item basis, or somewhere broader) but if it is on a per-item basis then one of the three has done something very odd.

Never heard of something like that, but if you want, you can try to changelog one of the affected items, assuming you're on Windows. It's a big post, but the gist is basically that you extract the attached .zip into your game directory, edit the change-log.bat line that looks like this...

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log ########.### >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

...by changing the "########.###" into something like "clck14.itm" (resource code for Adventurer's Robe, if you know that Adventurer's Robe disables spellcasting), and then run the bat. It'll create a a "change-log.txt" in your change-log folder, and you can paste its contents here to see what mods have modified the item.

Guest Alkaid

Yeah, I did that before I posted here but I'll quote the changelog too.

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Mods affecting CLCK14.ITM:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~ITEM_REV\ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.500)
00001:  ~ITEM_REV\ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 17 // Weapon ChangesV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.500)
00002:  ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS\FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 75 // Alter weapon usability and proficiency0.79.30
00003:  ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE\SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 100 // IWO - Yet Another Revised Armor Systemv5.33

This was just the Adventurer's Robe I believe, but every single robe sold in the adventurer's market right next to Chateau Irenicus disables wizard spells for me.
I was also thinking it has to be some weird quirk specific to my character, but I don't know why any of these mods would ever tell robes to disable wizard spells in the first place. It seems to be systemic so... Well yeah, I dunno. I must have screwed up somewhere, lol.

Guest Alkaid

Yeah, the culprit is the Revised Armor System component of Scales of Balance, so I'll move over to that thread. Possible it's some sort of interaction with the rest of what I have but that is definitely the cause.
(Reinstalled stuff in chunks until I had the problem, uninstalled Revised Armor and problem wasn't there.)

1 minute ago, Guest Alkaid said:

Yeah, the culprit is the Revised Armor System component of Scales of Balance, so I'll move over to that thread. Possible it's some sort of interaction with the rest of what I have but that is definitely the cause.
(Reinstalled stuff in chunks until I had the problem, uninstalled Revised Armor and problem wasn't there.)

I just made this post that I was literally about to post right as you said this...that I'm still going to post for potential future education. Thanks for figuring it out.

3 hours ago, Guest Alkaid said:

Yeah, I did that before I posted here but I'll quote the changelog too.

This was just the Adventurer's Robe I believe, but every single robe sold in the adventurer's market right next to Chateau Irenicus disables wizard spells for me.
I was also thinking it has to be some weird quirk specific to my character, but I don't know why any of these mods would ever tell robes to disable wizard spells in the first place. It seems to be systemic so... Well yeah, I dunno. I must have screwed up somewhere, lol.

Here's what you can do...

In [game directory]\item_rev\backup\, there will be folders titled with numbers. Said numbers correspond to which components you've installed. So for example, the main component has a component number of "0", so the "0" folder's contents will correspond to the files it's backed up for that component. The same is true of all mods (well, except for SCS, which stores its backup stuff in a folder called weidu_external instead for some reason). Anyways, you can find your clck14.itm before it's been modified by the components in questions inside those folders...with the exception of usually the very first listed component at the top of the list, which, in this case, is IR's component 0. The reason for that being is that clck14.itm is either taken from the .biffed (archived) game files or a brand new file and so the "backup" for it would actually be just deleting it from your override.

ANYWAYS, if you could upload the different versions of your clck14.itm, I could examine them to see with what component it went wrong. There should be one in your override (your currently used resource), one in the backup folder for component "100" of Scales of Balance, another in Faith and Power's "75", and one in Item Revisions' "17". If we examine all of those, I should be able to figure out what the culprit is.