IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

19 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

@Luke his primary issue was that he wanted the oil effect on it from your mod and not the potion effect anyway. This was discussed in the IE discord.

There's no oil effect: oils are simply skipped.

But if IR treats "POTN14" as a Potion, then my mod will react accordingly...

Feedback for a BG2+ToB 2.5 run
with Dragonspear UI++ 2.41, Tweaks Anthology v9, Ascension 2.0.20, SCS 34.3, SRR V1.3.547, IRR V1.3.550

• I could not get access to the paladin shop at Radiant Heart with a True Neutral char with Reputation 19. The knight refused once ("Despite your good reputation... only for members..."), afterwards the dialog line was not available anymore. @Bartimaeus As you wrote here once, it should be possible.
  • Short Bow of Gesen pierces through Protection from Missiles. (-> SRR)
  • The Shakti Figurine ist not usable by Kensais. I don't think this is intended.
  • The Vampiric drain from Scarlet Ninja-To works on shadows and vampires. That shouldn't work, should it?
Edited by Lianos
7 minutes ago, Lianos said:

Feedback for a BG2+ToB 2.5 run
with Dragonspear UI++ 2.41, Tweaks Anthology v9, Ascension 2.0.20, SCS 34.3, SRR V1.3.547, IRR V1.3.550

• I could not get access to the paladin shop at Radiant Heart with a True Neutral char with Reputation 19. The knight refused once ("Despite your good reputation... only for members..."), afterwards the dialog line was not available anymore. @Bartimaeus As you wrote here once, it should be possible.
  • Short Bow of Gesen pierces through Protection from Missiles. (-> SRR)
  • The Shakti Figurine ist not usable by Kensais. I don't think this is intended.
  • The Vampiric drain from Scarlet Ninja-To works on shadows and vampires. That shouldn't work, should it?

Radiant Heart store: Let's see the "success" conditions here...

1. If the protagonist is in the order, then they may use it regardless of other conditions. Tested and works.
2. If the protagonist is NOT in the order and a paladin and has a reputation of 17-20, then they may use it even if they're not in the Order. Tested and works.
3. If they aren't a paladin and have a reputation of 20 and are non-evil-aligned, then they may use it. ...Not working?

It would seem because at some point I put the "OR" in between the two alignment checks instead of above though I would swear it was working fine previously, so it's checking that player 1 is both good AND neutral instead of good OR neutral. Pfeh. Whoops. While I'm at it, I am going to reduce the reputation requirement from 20 to 19 as well, which is what I already thought it was at. So 17-20 if unaffiliated paladin, 19-20 if non-evil non-paladin.

Shakti Warrior: Yeah, no reason a Kensai can't use it. Funnily, a Wizard Slayer isn't supposed to be able to, but can - probably a wrong click there explains that.

Short Bow of Gesen: Interesting...and strange. I recall that the Short Bow of Gesen uses an unusual projectile animation (anti-missile effects like Protection from Missiles and Gloves of Missile Snaring function by blocking against projectile animations). Will have to look into that.

Vampiric Drain: Should be as simple as making it the same conditions as Larloch Minor Drain.

Thanks for the reports, especially since x.600 will be released in hopefully the next week or two - good to get these solved before then.

Guest Alkaid

Does the Efreeti Bottle happen to functional correctly in your version of the game? Mine just consumes the charge and does nothing, only thing touching it is IR.

IR/IR Weapon Revisions(?) touch the bottle itself.
Item Rev touches the first effect.
Nothing touches the second effect. (SPFREET.EFF)
Scales/SCS affect the end creature.

I've tried tinkering with different parts of the bottle (pointing it to the effect of the summon efreet scroll and the creature.) but that doesn't seem to have worked.

It's lacking the description the other summon items like the Jade Hound figurine or the Black Spider figurine have where it gives detailed information on the summon's stats. It just says 'summons efreet' like vanilla.

4 hours ago, Guest Alkaid said:

Does the Efreeti Bottle happen to functional correctly in your version of the game? Mine just consumes the charge and does nothing, only thing touching it is IR.

IR/IR Weapon Revisions(?) touch the bottle itself.
Item Rev touches the first effect.
Nothing touches the second effect. (SPFREET.EFF)
Scales/SCS affect the end creature.

I've tried tinkering with different parts of the bottle (pointing it to the effect of the summon efreet scroll and the creature.) but that doesn't seem to have worked.

It's lacking the description the other summon items like the Jade Hound figurine or the Black Spider figurine have where it gives detailed information on the summon's stats. It just says 'summons efreet' like vanilla.

There was an issue with earlier versions where upon if you had IRR installed but not SRR, the bottle would not work. It has since been fixed, but clearly you have an affected game. I think sticking this file in your override should fix the issue:

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Alkaid

I do have SRR installed, but I'll give it a shot just to be sure.

Aand yep, that fixed it. What the hell was the problem, anyway? I couldn't see any difference between it and the other summon items (Jade Hound, Spider, etc.)
I may still need to point it to summoning a different Efreeti as I'm pretty sure this one is weaker (only 1 APR, lower HP etc) and has different spells compared to the spell version that it should be but that might actually work now. Tyty.

1 hour ago, Guest Alkaid said:

I do have SRR installed, but I'll give it a shot just to be sure.

Aand yep, that fixed it. What the hell was the problem, anyway? I couldn't see any difference between it and the other summon items (Jade Hound, Spider, etc.)
I may still need to point it to summoning a different Efreeti as I'm pretty sure this one is weaker (only 1 APR, lower HP etc) and has different spells compared to the spell version that it should be but that might actually work now. Tyty.

Well, that's...odd. Uh, now I'm worried it was a different problem. The original problem was that the resource I included assumed that SRR was installed and so would use SRR's version of the Efreeti...so if you didn't have SRR installed, it would point to a non-existent creature. But if you already have SRR installed...well, uh, there's not any reason I can think of it wouldn't work even if you were using the old version. Uh...tell me, if you use this version of the file, which comes from SRR, does it still work? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kbcej3it3xqsnpa/misc3c.eff

Guest Alkaid
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, that's...odd. Uh, now I'm worried it was a different problem. The original problem was that the resource I included assumed that SRR was installed and so would use SRR's version of the Efreeti...so if you didn't have SRR installed, it would point to a non-existent creature. But if you already have SRR installed...well, uh, there's not any reason I can think of it wouldn't work even if you were using the old version. Uh...tell me, if you use this version of the file, which comes from SRR, does it still work? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kbcej3it3xqsnpa/misc3c.eff

It still works, and in fact now it gives me the Efreeti I believe I'm supposed to be getting. I was still getting what I think might have been a base game Efreeti, it was only touched by SCS and some Scales thing. The problem was definitely with what you linked me before, which I think was the bottle itself? Though come to think of it I don't think I had a copy of that that in my override folder at all, which is odd because it was definitely touched by IR and the IR weapon revisions mod (why would it be touched by that?). It wasn't pointing to a non-existent creature though, it pointed to EFREETSU which seemingly still existed in the data. This one should probably now point to DVEFREET or something like that if I recall correctly.

I'll link my entire install if you feel like looking over it I guess, but at this point I think I just need to accept my game getting some random freaky bugs, lol. It's possible this was somehow broken by some interaction that doesn't even show up in the changelog.

https://pastebin.com/Ks3uhG8K

1 hour ago, Guest Alkaid said:

It still works, and in fact now it gives me the Efreeti I believe I'm supposed to be getting. I was still getting what I think might have been a base game Efreeti, it was only touched by SCS and some Scales thing. The problem was definitely with what you linked me before, which I think was the bottle itself? Though come to think of it I don't think I had a copy of that that in my override folder at all, which is odd because it was definitely touched by IR and the IR weapon revisions mod (why would it be touched by that?). It wasn't pointing to a non-existent creature though, it pointed to EFREETSU which seemingly still existed in the data. This one should probably now point to DVEFREET or something like that if I recall correctly.

I'll link my entire install if you feel like looking over it I guess, but at this point I think I just need to accept my game getting some random freaky bugs, lol. It's possible this was somehow broken by some interaction that doesn't even show up in the changelog.

https://pastebin.com/Ks3uhG8K

Yes, the one I gave you before was because I presumed you were not using SRR, and therefore would summon the base game Efreeti, which would be correct. The new one is the one from SRR, which will summon the SRR Efreeti, so it seems to work. But now all makes sense - you're using x.500 of both IRR and SRR instead of the latest repository versions, which have had a number of fixes applied since they were released and is before that issue was fixed. I'll be releasing x.600 of both IRR and SRR not before too long here, once I get some time to sort out some final issues.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Alkaid

I suspected it might have been the case, though I thought you said the issue was if you *didn't* have SRR installed?

Though, normally it's safest to use released version for github stuff unless noted otherwise, you can end up with janky bugs and incomplete features sometimes if you use direct repository, lol. I guess that wouldn't be the case here since you probably work on an item-by-item basis.