SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

6 hours ago, Sephir6 said:

Hi again! Updated and installs well again. I got the same error with TomeAndBlood sooo I deleted from folder "override" the file "BGSCRL1V.ITM" which was giving the error. It's the scroll of the new level 1 spell Dimension Jump. I check it with NearInfinity. Not sure why TomAndBlood has an error reading it... It's safe to delete it or to change something to not install it? Without it everything installs fine and I see it's new from SRR.

About Spirit Armor, bad install and I read the save vs spell from the damage in the documentation... It's fine yes. And about Feeblemindedness didn't think about duration of Domination, yeah I think better with -2 then. -2 for 1 turn ally or -2 for permamenent no enemy seems pretty equal to me.

Wait, really, it was just the bgscrl1v? ...Well, that's bizarre. Deleting it should have literally zero effect on your game - all it is is a copy of Dimension Jump for BGT games (in comparison, the EET resource is scrl1v_, which is also installed, which is literally the same exact file, so what the heck). Hmm, hmm, maybe I'll just make it so it doesn't install at all on EE games even though it really shouldn't matter. Something somewhere is doing something funky when it's installed.

Changes as of V1.3.18:

1. After a million years, a more detailed explanation of what Mind Blank does. One issue is that the description says it immunizes against "command" spells, which includes Power Words - I haven't yet found an eloquent way to clarify in the actual Power Word spells that they are command spells - something to eventually figure out. I should also update the spells descriptions readme file sometime.
  2. Added settings.ini check for two-handed weapon shapeshifts (defaulted to enabled). Also shifted around those settings.ini options for better organization and modified some of their descriptions to be more accurate/concise.
  3. Properly gated off the two EE-only options to make it so they won't take effect on ToBEx games even if enabled.
  4. Gated off the BGT and EET Dimension Jump scrolls to their proper games. This really shouldn't be causing an issue, but it clearly was for someone and it shouldn't make any kind of difference to do.

Two things I want to do:

1. Add a seventh and final form to Polymorph Self. I'm thinking maybe an undead form of some kind, perhaps a wraith, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.
2. Replace MS7's otyughs with something else. They're buggy and sometimes get summoned inside of each other and can't move, they're too big to move around in a lot of areas, and they're kind of terrible and raising their stats too much will get them way out of spec with the vanilla creatures. I think MS6's wyverns are actually pretty decent from the few times I've used them, while I haven't really ever tested MS9's wolfweres - if I had a really good idea for something around MS9 or MS8's power MS9, I might even shift them down a level and slightly nerf them if necessary. But first, I need an idea...

An undead form would be weird for an Alteration spell, IMHO. 

Can the selection circle of the otyughs simply be made smaller?

IIRC, from player reports back in the day, MS9 wolfweres are just as broken as more recent MS9 basilisks. Though in the other direction I guess - their regen requires serious focus fire/huge DPS to take them down, and ecen in TOB the AI is just not equipped to do that intelligently. So they end up all but immortal. I say for the umpteenth time, the best idea is to stop the MS_ line of spells at 8th level, and have interplanar summoning (Gate) be the pinnacle of the Conjurer’s art. (Unless of course someone has a great idea for a 9HD monster. But as far as I’m concerned both basilisks and wolfweres have been disqualified.)

@subtledoctor lmao, Wolfweres were originally the MS9 monster before basilisks? Had no idea and just made my own. Sadly, I've never really had ample time to really properly test them out, though - it doesn't help that I'm simply not a summonables kind of guy, and prefer to use them as sparingly as possible (...which is kind of hilarious given the disproportionate amount of time I've spent on them).

As for the MS line of spells in general, I consider fiend-summoning (demons/devils that you can't fully control being gated from another plane) to be pretty distinct from conjuring up completely controllable monsters (abberations) from the same plane, so I don't really care for that line of thinking. Still, a lack of good options is a problem...something from the IWD games might be a good idea if you could patch their animations in, but I probably don't want to get involved with that. Alternatively, you could do something crazy like have it summon one beholder or something. Hmm, you know, maybe I could shift umber hulks down to MS7 and then have it summon a couple of those mini-beholders (gaunts?)...but IIRC, beholders are super script-driven in terms of their abilities, so that might be pretty difficult for me to implement.

Undead for polymorph: I've thought similarly too, but Shapechange does Iron Golem which is a construct which I think is a really strange idea, too - and mindflayers are like semi-extraplanar as well (...and salamanders are fully extraplanar - this reminds me that I wanted to clean up druid shapeshifts at one point but never got around to it).

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus

In ini. file i found "celestials                      = 1 // set to 0 if you prefer alternative celestials without SR mucking things up". Could you please specify what it means :) The "mucking things up" part confuses me  a bit. If i leave it at 1 would it mess up with SCS behavior? Same for fiends.

Edited by pochesun
4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Wait, really, it was just the bgscrl1v? ...Well, that's bizarre. Deleting it should have literally zero effect on your game - all it is is a copy of Dimension Jump for BGT games (in comparison, the EET resource is scrl1v_, which is also installed, which is literally the same exact file, so what the heck). Hmm, hmm, maybe I'll just make it so it doesn't install at all on EE games even though it really shouldn't matter. Something somewhere is doing something funky when it's installed.

Changes as of V1.3.18:

1. After a million years, a more detailed explanation of what Mind Blank does. One issue is that the description says it immunizes against "command" spells, which includes Power Words - I haven't yet found an eloquent way to clarify in the actual Power Word spells that they are command spells - something to eventually figure out. I should also update the spells descriptions readme file sometime.
  2. Added settings.ini check for two-handed weapon shapeshifts (defaulted to enabled). Also shifted around those settings.ini options for better organization and modified some of their descriptions to be more accurate/concise.
  3. Properly gated off the two EE-only options to make it so they won't take effect on ToBEx games even if enabled.
  4. Gated off the BGT and EET Dimension Jump scrolls to their proper games. This really shouldn't be causing an issue, but it clearly was for someone and it shouldn't make any kind of difference to do.

Two things I want to do:

1. Add a seventh and final form to Polymorph Self. I'm thinking maybe an undead form of some kind, perhaps a wraith, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.
2. Replace MS7's otyughs with something else. They're buggy and sometimes get summoned inside of each other and can't move, they're too big to move around in a lot of areas, and they're kind of terrible and raising their stats too much will get them way out of spec with the vanilla creatures. I think MS6's wyverns are actually pretty decent from the few times I've used them, while I haven't really ever tested MS9's wolfweres - if I had a really good idea for something around MS9 or MS8's power MS9, I might even shift them down a level and slightly nerf them if necessary. But first, I need an idea...

Thanks! I will update tomorrow and check it installs well with the other mods, d5_random_tweaks, TomeAndBlood, Scales Of Balance, etc. I will keep an eye on the updates. I'm still in level 5 spells but I will comment if I see some inbalance. 

By the way, I think it's already know but I got the spell name "Spell Immunity" instead of "Dispelling Screen" but the correct effect I think when casted.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

something from the IWD games might be a good idea if you could patch their animations in, but I probably don't want to get involved with that.

Actually that's a great idea.  A remorhaz could be interesting, or some kind of giant centipede-like creature, chitinous and armored and poisonous? Or even maybe a humongous rhinocerous beetle.  AFAIK importing the animations is not that difficult, at least on the EEs.  I import several IWD animations (including rhino beetle) for FnP's druid shapeshifting.  Dunno if it works as well on the old engine though...

Actually, speaking of chitinous, it occurs to me that SoD has proven that ankhegs can be a viable summon.  I've never been very comfortable with the use of hobgoblins in the MS line of spells, as they are a sentient, intelligent humanoid species.  (Feel similarly about beholders.)  Maybe hobbos can be removed and the line of spells can be rejiggered to include ankhegs.  Or they can just replace ogres.  I forgot about ogres, also arguably intelligent humanoids.  Honestly I think gnolls are more monster-ish than either hobgoblins or ogres.  Kobolds, too.

Also, arguably, the savagery, durability, and bonus confusion ability of umber hulks make them appropriate for MS9 - if summoned in sufficient numbers. (~3?) 

Spoiler

If stuff like ankhegs or remorhaz are only suitable for EEs, maybe I'll do this in my own tweak mod.  Something like,

1. gibberlings
  2. kobolds...?
  3. some kind of jelly?
  4. spiders
  5. ankhegs
  6. wyverns
  7. otyughs
  8. umber hulks
  9. remorhaz

It would also be nice to see a more fleshed-out set of fey summonses, instead of just the one druid spell.  SoD has treants, they could join nymphs, dryads... not sure what else.  Would be nice to have 3-4.

Also, more fiend summoning!  Something like:

• 5 - imp/quasit
  • 7 - abishai/maurezhi
  • 8 - cornugon/nabassu
  • 9 - gelugon/glabrezu
  • HLA - pit fiend/balor (and forget this "fallen planetar" nonsense)

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

but Shapechange does Iron Golem which is a construct which I think is a really strange idea, too - and mindflayers are like semi-extraplanar as well

I think Shapechange in general is poorly-executed.  It is basically "Polymorph Plus," not an actual shapechange spell.  IIRC in PnP Shapechange is more for turning into a stone wall, or a boat, or a cloud, or crazy stuff like that.  Though, I guess those suggest that a construct like a golem is actually kind of appropriate.  I agree, however, that an illithid is entirely inappropriate.  I basically never use Polymorph or Shapechange, with or without SR.  (By contrast, I quite like having druids change shape for melee.)  I guess that's a measure of what I think of the spells.  I would love to see versions of those spells that actually make me excited to cast them...

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus

In ini. file i found "celestials                      = 1 // set to 0 if you prefer alternative celestials without SR mucking things up". Could you please specify what it means :) The "mucking things up" part confuses me  a bit. If i leave it at 1 would it mess up with SCS behavior? Same for fiends.

What that does is prevent SR's revised celestials, with their custom stats, weapons, and scripts, from being installed - period. How exactly SCS then tries to handle them instead, I have to admit that I'm not entirely certain these days, because I haven't had time to play the last few versions of SCS. I usually play with SR's celestials enabled, but fiends disabled, and then use atweaks' fiend spells instead (...though I must admit I've modified them a little to fit more in with SRR, as I'm OCD like that).

@Sephir6 Thanks, I appreciate it. I usually enjoy hearing other people's ideas and perspectives, :). As for spell immunity: what do you mean exactly? The portrait icon thing? If you're casting in BG1EE, there's a few of those that aren't updated - something I guess I should also eventually fix. Hm. I tested it in BG2 and BG2EE and it updated correctly.

@subtledoctor I actually rather like my forms...but I did go kind of nuts with them.

Polymorph Self:

Spoiler

@592=~Polymorph Self
Level: 4
School: Alteration
Range: Personal
Duration: 5 turns
Casting Time: 4
Area of Effect: Caster
Saving Throw: None

When this spell is cast, the wizard is able to assume the forms of six creatures: that of a mustard jelly, an ogre mage, a salamander, a sword spider, a troll, or a winter wolf. For the duration of the spell, the caster may transform into any of the new forms at any time, as many times as they wish. Physical characteristics are altered to that of the new form, and the caster gains their natural attacks but cannot cast spells while shapeshifted. However, the caster's mental characteristics are not affected, and nor is there a risk of changing their mental capabilities or personality. Additionally, any natural protections that the new form offers are conferred to the caster.

Mustard Jelly (7 HD):
 STR 14, DEX 10, CON 10
 AC 4, THAC0 13, APR 1
 5D4 Acidic (Corrosive Spore +2)
 SR 30%, CR 30%, PR 100%, MR 85%
 FR 0%, CR 50%, ER 100%, AR 0%

Special Characteristics:
 Magic Resistance: 100%
 Protected Against: Backstabs, Disease, Level Drain, Normal Weapons, Petrification, Poison, and Stun
 Mind Shield: conferred protection against many forms of mind-affecting magic, such as charm, command, confusion, emotion, domination, fear, feeblemind, hold, sleep, stun, psionics, and other similar effects
 Venomous: target suffers 2 poison damage every round for 5 rounds (save vs. poison neg.)
 Slowing: target is slowed for 1 turn (save vs. breath at -2 neg.)

Ogre Mage (7 HD):
 STR 18, DEX 10, CON 16
 AC 2, THAC0 12, APR 2
 1D10 + 3 Slashing (Katana +1)
 SR 0%, CR 0%, PR 0%, MR 0%
 FR 0%, CR 0%, ER 0%, AR 0%

Special Characteristics:
 Regeneration: 1 hp/round
 Spellcasting: spells can be cast in this form

Salamander (7 HD):
 STR 16, DEX 12, CON 14
 AC 3, THACO 13, APR 2
 1D6 Piercing (Spear +2)
 FR 100%, CR -50%, ER 50%, AR 0%

Special Characteristics:
 Protected Against: Normal Weapons
 Fiery: target suffers 1D6 fire damage

Sword Spider (5 HD):
 STR 17, DEX 16, CON 15
 AC 3, THAC0 15, APR 4
 2D6 Piercing (Legs & Bite +1)

Special Characteristics:
 Protected Against: Poison and Web
 Venomous: target suffers 1 poison damage every second for 2 rounds (save vs. poison neg.)

Troll (7 HD):
 STR 18, DEX 16, CON 20
 AC 4, THAC0 12, APR 3
 1D6 Piercing (Claws +2)

Special Characteristics:
 Regeneration: 1 hp/second
 Mind Shield: conferred protection against many forms of mind-affecting magic, such as charm, command, confusion, emotion, domination, fear, feeblemind, hold, sleep, stun, psionics, and other similar effects

Winter Wolf (6 HD):
 STR 15, DEX 17, CON 15
 AC 5, THAC0 14, APR 1
 Frostbite (Breath +2)
 FR 0%, CR 100%, ER 0%, AR 0%

Special Characteristics:
 Frostbite: target is blasted with icy breath, suffering 6D4 cold damage (save vs. breath neg. half)~

Shapechange

Spoiler

@836=~Shapechange
Level: 9
School: Alteration
Range: Personal
Duration: 5 turns
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: Caster
Saving Throw: None

With this spell, a wizard is able to assume the forms of five powerful creatures: that of an iron golem, a mind flayer, a nycaloth, an elder spirit troll, or an alpha wolfwere. For the duration of the spell, the caster may transform into any of the new forms at any time, as many times as they wish. Physical characteristics are changed to adhere to the new form, and the caster gains their natural attacks and abilities but cannot cast spells while shapeshifted. However, the caster's mental characteristics are not affected, and nor is there a risk of changing their mental capabilities or personality. Additionally, any natural protections that the new form offers are conferred to the caster.

Iron Golem (18 HD):
 STR 24, DEX 10, CON -
 AC 2, THAC0 2, APR 1
 4D10 Crushing (Fist +4)
 SR 20%, CR 20%, PR 20%, MR 20%
 FR 125%, CR 100%, ER 100%, AR 100%

Special Characteristics:
 Magic Resistance: 100%
 Protected Against: Backstabs, Normal/+1/+2 Weapons, and Poison

Mind Flayer (12 HD):
 STR 10, DEX 10, CON 12
 AC 5, THAC0 12, APR 4
 1D6 Piercing (Claws & Tentacles +3)
 SR 50%, CR 50%, PR 50%, MR 50%

Special Characteristics:
 Magic Resistance: 90%
 Spellcasting: spells can be cast in this form
 Devour Brain: target suffers a -2 penalty to intelligence for 5 rounds
 Psionic Blast (1x per day): target and enemies within 20' are stunned for 1 turn (save vs. spell neg.)

Nycaloth (12 HD):
 STR 20, DEX 18, CON 18
 AC -6, THAC0 2, APR 1
 2D8 Slashing (Claws +3)
 FR 100%, CR -100%, ER 0%, AR 100%

Special Characteristics:
 Magic Resistance: 70%
 Protected Against: Normal/+1 Weapons and Poison
 Detect Invisibility (permanent)

Elder Spirit Troll (15 HD):
 STR 20, DEX 21, CON 20
 AC 0, THAC0 6, APR 3
 2D6 Piercing (Claws +3)
 FR 0%, CR 100%, ER 25%, AR 0%

Special Characteristics:
 Magic Resistance: 25%
 Regeneration: 1 hp/sec
 Protected Against: Normal/+1 Weapons
 Natural Invisibility: permanent improved invisibility
 Draining: target suffers a -1 penalty to strength for 1 turn (save vs. death at -2 neg.)
 Slowing: target is slowed for 2 rounds (save vs. breath at -2 neg.)

Alpha Wolfwere (14 HD):
 STR 20, DEX 20, CON 18
 AC 0, THAC0 7, APR 3
 1D12 Slashing/Piercing (Claws & Bite +3)
 FR 50%, CR 50%, ER 50%, AR 50%

Special Characteristics:
 Magic Resistance: 50%
 Regeneration: 3 hp/sec
 Protected Against: Normal/+1 Weapons~

Well, I tried to have fun with them, anyways. As for MS...hm, I didn't really consider intelligence as part of the equation here...and I probably don't want to. Even gnolls are semi-intelligent - you can speak to a few throughout BG1, after all. Ankhegs are probably something I want to avoid due to being oversized, too. Big creatures are cool to summon, but they tend to not work so well in practice, especially if there's multiple of them at a time - if there was an especially good idea for just a single creature at MS9, I might be willing to make an exception (although a single creature might be kinda breaking with the theme of the MS spells in general).

Do the EEs have Infinity Animations applied to them by default? Wouldn't surprise me, since so much of the nitty gritty graphical work on the EEs seemed to have been done by Erephine, and she made that too.

Play through feedback - May 2020

Thanks for the wonderful mods SCS and SR. Really keeps the game fresh and greatly improves spell system and game play imo. I'm on a Mac running the latest Enhanced edition from the App Store , I installed SR first version V4 b18 and then SCS V32. Fresh install of all three. I played on hardcore.

I like a lot of the changes e.g. the contingencies, the reworked spell protections and the anti spell protections , dispelling shield , dispel magic, defensive harmony, negative plane protection, the way invisibility and true sight work etc... The game is very playable and a fairer challenge than last time though, which I think was about a year and half ago. No way I can play without SCS and SR. Amazing that BG2 still stands up to games like Divinity Original Sin 2 nearly 20 years later.

I had Edwin scribbled level 4 remove curse, the spell is called break enchantment not remove curse once in his spell book. 

Jan was caught by a trap near the bridge to the Ancient temple in the cult of the eyeless. He was held, I waited for a long time and he was still held. I tried remove paralysis but I could not remove the hold. This also happened under the copper cornet to my main. I had to reload a previous save.

When characters join my group they get unlimited exp. The solution is to make sure the AI is on when levelling.

In D Keep I got maybe 20 trolls in a locked room on the ground floor and the same outside. Nice exp, I just sent in a few fireballs but is it meant to be this way? It was fun. Screenshots

Pierce magic level 6, does not mention Mind Blank in the ingame description but does on the web site it does. Also Rubys

A one point vampiric mists spawned very few seconds near the Ruhk in Windspear Dungeon. Is this intended?

Icons missing for some spells in the shops. Click for screen shots.

Protection from elementary energy, L4 arcane, never let me select an energy type, so it had no defensive effect whatever . Poor jan

I did not manage the following battles on Hardcore:

• Perth the adept casts time stop and spell trap. I did not have level 7 spells at this point no Rubys , so I could not counter him. I just reloaded with the slider on easy.
  • Underdark could not manage the first pack of drow nor the death knights in the eastern tunnels. Dropped the level down.
  • Quest: Find the worshipers of Ghaunadaur, Drow City: so easy to agro Drow Guard who wanders there with AOE. Also a trap held Dorn indefinitely, so I killed him myself :D. After a resurrection he was fine!!

Viccy got stunned by a mind flayer and she was wearing Edventars gift.

On the mage Vithal quest only one monster came out of each gate. On previous playthroughs was quite a few maybe 10 each, used to be great exp. Is this as intended?

If Vicky casts divine power that works fine then she casts Righteous fury, her strength increases, her damage increases slightly and she gets some extra HPs, but NOT her THACO. Is this as intended? When she casts Divine power followed by champion strength she gains no extra HPs from the champion strength even though her constitution is increased (she is wearing the fortitude belt). Is this as intended ? 

Again thanks for all you hard work!!! Very good.

2 hours ago, culmore said:

Play through feedback - May 2020

Thanks for the wonderful mods SCS and SR. Really keeps the game fresh and greatly improves spell system and game play imo. I'm on a Mac running the latest Enhanced edition from the App Store , I installed SR first version V4 b18 and then SCS V32. Fresh install of all three. I played on hardcore.

I like a lot of the changes e.g. the contingencies, the reworked spell protections and the anti spell protections , dispelling shield , dispel magic, defensive harmony, negative plane protection, the way invisibility and true sight work etc... The game is very playable and a fairer challenge than last time though, which I think was about a year and half ago. No way I can play without SCS and SR. Amazing that BG2 still stands up to games like Divinity Original Sin 2 nearly 20 years later.

I had Edwin scribbled level 4 remove curse, the spell is called break enchantment not remove curse once in his spell book. 

Jan was caught by a trap near the bridge to the Ancient temple in the cult of the eyeless. He was held, I waited for a long time and he was still held. I tried remove paralysis but I could not remove the hold. This also happened under the copper cornet to my main. I had to reload a previous save.

When characters join my group they get unlimited exp. The solution is to make sure the AI is on when levelling.

In D Keep I got maybe 20 trolls in a locked room on the ground floor and the same outside. Nice exp, I just sent in a few fireballs but is it meant to be this way? It was fun. Screenshots

Pierce magic level 6, does not mention Mind Blank in the ingame description but does on the web site it does. Also Rubys

A one point vampiric mists spawned very few seconds near the Ruhk in Windspear Dungeon. Is this intended?

Icons missing for some spells in the shops. Click for screen shots.

Protection from elementary energy, L4 arcane, never let me select an energy type, so it had no defensive effect whatever . Poor jan

I did not manage the following battles on Hardcore:

• Perth the adept casts time stop and spell trap. I did not have level 7 spells at this point no Rubys , so I could not counter him. I just reloaded with the slider on easy.
  • Underdark could not manage the first pack of drow nor the death knights in the eastern tunnels. Dropped the level down.
  • Quest: Find the worshipers of Ghaunadaur, Drow City: so easy to agro Drow Guard who wanders there with AOE. Also a trap held Dorn indefinitely, so I killed him myself :D. After a resurrection he was fine!!

Viccy got stunned by a mind flayer and she was wearing Edventars gift.

On the mage Vithal quest only one monster came out of each gate. On previous playthroughs was quite a few maybe 10 each, used to be great exp. Is this as intended?

If Vicky casts divine power that works fine then she casts Righteous fury, her strength increases, her damage increases slightly and she gets some extra HPs, but NOT her THACO. Is this as intended? When she casts Divine power followed by champion strength she gains no extra HPs from the champion strength even though her constitution is increased (she is wearing the fortitude belt). Is this as intended ? 

Again thanks for all you hard work!!! Very good.

1. Remove Curse: I believe I fixed this already recently due to someone else reporting it.

2. Holding trap: Interesting, I'll take a look - if I had to guess, the trap is probably using the wrong kind of hold effect. It's possible a break enchantment or dispel magic would've cured it instead.

3. Unlimited XP: Known SCS issue with the "choose how characters levels up" component - forget the actual name of that component, though. I think DavidW just made this less likely to cause issues if you have party AI disabled, but nevertheless it's wise to enable it when adding new party members.

4. Trolls: Wow, that's a lot of trolls. Most likely SCS - SR doesn't make any sort of modification to trolls or the de'Arnise Keep.

5. Pierce Magic: Both SRR's Pierce Magic and Ruby Ray of Reversal mention Mind Blank in their list of spells they dispel - are you playing SR or SRR...or were you playing a now fairly old version of SRR?

6. Vampiric Mists: Not sure, probably nothing to do with SR/R, but curious nonetheless.

7. Obscuring Mist & other missing icons: Now I *really* want to know exactly what version of SR/R you're using. I think this was a bug in the initial version of SRR when I was upgrading to b18, but was fixed within a few days. Certainly no evidence of it now.

8. Protection from Elemental Energy: Also not an issue I see, :(.

9. Too hard battles: SCS, :).

10. Viconia being psionically stunned: By design: free action protects you from movement statuses, not mental statuses.

11. Vithal quest: Also sounds wrong to me, but not something SR/R modifies.

12. Divine Power + Righteous Fury: A 13th level version of Viconia went from 10 strength, 72 HP, and 9 THAC0 to 18/00 strength, 85 HP, and 2 THAC0 upon casting Divine Power, then 22 strength, 98 HP, and 1 THAC0. I usually use 3rd edition style strength because that's clearly what IR and SR were built around, but according to a table I'm reading jumping from 18/00 strength to 22 strength only yields 1 additional THAC0, so that seems correct to me. Similarly, I used Champion's Strength and her constitution raised from 10 to 12...which according to the vanilla constitution table, does not yield any bonus HP, so that does seem to be correct. If you were using 3rd edition style constitution, that would've yielded her an additional HP per level - alas, :(.

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

1. Remove Curse: I believe I fixed this already recently due to someone else reporting it.

2. Holding trap: Interesting, I'll take a look - if I had to guess, the trap is probably using the wrong kind of hold effect. It's possible a break enchantment or dispel magic would've cured it instead.

3. Unlimited XP: Known SCS issue with the "choose how characters levels up" component - forget the actual name of that component, though. I think DavidW just made this less likely to cause issues if you have party AI disabled, but nevertheless it's wise to enable it when adding new party members.

4. Trolls: Wow, that's a lot of trolls. Most likely SCS - SR doesn't make any sort of modification to trolls or the de'Arnise Keep.

5. Pierce Magic: Both SRR's Pierce Magic and Ruby Ray of Reversal mention Mind Blank in their list of spells they dispel - are you playing SR or SRR...or were you playing a now fairly old version of SRR?

6. Vampiric Mists: Not sure, probably nothing to do with SR/R, but curious nonetheless.

7. Obscuring Mist & other missing icons: Now I *really* want to know exactly what version of SR/R you're using. I think this was a bug in the initial version of SRR when I was upgrading to b18, but was fixed within a few days. Certainly no evidence of it now.

10. Viconia being psionically stunned: By design: free action protects you from movement statuses, not mental statuses.

12. Divine Power + Righteous Fury: A 13th level version of Viconia went from 10 strength, 72 HP, and 9 THAC0 to 18/00 strength, 85 HP, and 2 THAC0 upon casting Divine Power, then 22 strength, 98 HP, and 1 THAC0. I usually use 3rd edition style strength because that's clearly what IR and SR were built around, but according to a table I'm reading jumping from 18/00 strength to 22 strength only yields 1 additional THAC0, so that seems correct to me. Similarly, I used Champion's Strength and her constitution raised from 10 to 12...which according to the vanilla constitution table, does not yield any bonus HP, so that does seem to be correct. If you were using 3rd edition style constitution, that would've yielded her an additional HP per level - alas, :(.

2. A little report here. I also had a hold trap when entering a house in Bridge District, from the murderer I think, in BG2:EE. Actually the trap applies petrify but has the hold icon. Check it with EEKeeper. If used a scroll Stone to Flesh it removed it. The same happened with a worm enemy in the sewer. I thought it was a bug but I have read something about that in SRR?

From my last update a minutes before, I get the Spell Immunity icon and description in the mage book but the correct effect when cast but I'm updating mid-game too.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'm on a Mac running the latest Enhanced edition from the App Store , I installed SR first version V4 b18 and then SCS V32. Fresh install of all three. I played on hardcore. I deleted the entire baldurs gate package  in the applications folder before installing. Imported one character to start the game. I assume that was clean enough??

8. I cast the spell and nothing happens except a report in the log that the spell has been cast.  I am supposed to choose an energy type to be immune to. I just tried again on both Jan And Edwin problem still there for both casters.

Edited by culmore
6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Correct indeed, I had an old save, and Break enchantment did cure the hold and Jan was freed.

4 hours ago, culmore said:

I'm on a Mac running the latest Enhanced edition from the App Store , I installed SR first version V4 b18 and then SCS V32. Fresh install of all three. I played on hardcore. I deleted the entire baldurs gate package  in the applications folder before installing. Imported one character to start the game. I assume that was clean enough??

8. I cast the spell and nothing happens except a report in the log that the spell has been cast.  I am supposed to choose an energy type to be immune to. I just tried again on both Jan And Edwin problem still there for both casters.

Ah, but see, this is the thread for SR Revised, not SR! From your description, you only installed the official version of SR, not SRR - this is an unofficial update/branch of it, :). If you installed SRR instead of SR, it'll say in your weidu.log under every SR component you installed what version you used and whether it was SRR.

@Sephir6 I distinctly remember that said trapped door turned the opener to stone, so that is indeed petrification. It's too bad there isn't a petrification icon to apply to make clear the difference between hold and petrification. Maybe something could be relabeled, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would be suitable.

Spell Immunity: Oh yeah, if you updated mid-game, I think that makes sense for Spell Immunity: if you get ahold of a new Dispelling Screen scroll, try removing it from your spellbook and seeing if re-learning it adds the proper entry to your spellbook.

15 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Ah, but see, this is the thread for SR Revised, not SR! From your description, you only installed the official version of SR, not SRR - this is an unofficial update/branch of it, :). If you installed SRR instead of SR, it'll say in your weidu.log under every SR component you installed what version you used and whether it was SRR.

Silly me... now I feel foolish...btw why two versions.... is it two different lines of thinking or do you plan to merge at some point,.,,