SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

hi @jacklhoward i just made a big modlist installation recently, and i have both installed SR+SRR with Talents of Faerun, and my testing of that component showed no problems in-game (both for a ranger and a mage, i didn't test everything). I'm using Lefreut's enhanced UI.

3 hours ago, ptifab said:

hi @jacklhoward i just made a big modlist installation recently, and i have both installed SR+SRR with Talents of Faerun, and my testing of that component showed no problems in-game (both for a ranger and a mage, i didn't test everything). I'm using Lefreut's enhanced UI.

ty.

also if it wouldnt cause you any inconvenience, is it possible for you to share your install order?

i would really appreciate mod order as the weidu log repo is still down at the moment, and i could use help sorting our compatibility issues with those mod order files...

On 5/25/2024 at 10:55 AM, ptifab said:

You are able to have both SR and SRR at the same time? Did you pick and choose which spells come from which mod?

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, FixTesteR said:

You are able to have both SR and SRR at the same time? Did you pick and choose which spells come from which mod?

I think it was probably just an expression of the odd way SRR is installed more than anything (i.e. having to extract SR and then SRR on top of it). Installing both would likely cause a number of problems with reapplying patching, and the numerous targeted and global patches that SR and IR apply to various spell and item resources are part of why I was always completely disinterested in ever trying to completely disentangle IRR and SRR from IR and SR respectively. Trying to account for (or even reverse!) the changes that the base mods make and then applying my own sub-changes on top of them always seemed like a bit of a nightmare to me.

Being able to manually "pick and choose" what spells/changes you want to install would require a pretty major and time-consuming re-write of the mod. Not impossible, but certainly not fun. Lots and lots of checks and targeted patching to make sure other parts of the mod don't break and aren't inconsistent...a highly talented and systematic coder/engineer like DavidW could probably do it and be able to manage it all from a high level, but I am sadly just not that guy. I have no background in coding and looking at stuff like SCS/ToF makes my brain hurt trying to figure out what it's doing most of the time. I just iterate and muddle through until things finally work and then hopefully never touch it again.

13 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

ty very much.

also dear Bartimaeus,

does SRR work with atweaks(CamDawg's fork)' "Allow Mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls" component? 

and are spells cast through scrolls the same as SRR's spells?

I never even knew CamDawg made an updated fork of atweaks for that component: from the sounds of how it was coded in the original post here, I suspect that both SR and SRR's scroll changes would not play well with this component. It's not like it'd be a disaster or anything (I'd say it'd work correctly 99% of the time), but I don't think any of the newly added spells or the few spells that SR has re-assigned scrolls for (e.g. Monster Summoning VIII using Stone to Flesh's scroll) will work correctly with this.

Edited by Bartimaeus
19 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I think it was probably just an expression of the odd way SRR is installed more than anything (i.e. having to extract SR and then SRR on top of it). Installing both would likely cause a number of problems with reapplying patching, and the numerous targeted and global patches that SR and IR apply to various spell and item resources are part of why I was always completely disinterested in ever trying to completely disentangle IRR and SRR from IR and SR respectively. Trying to account for (or even reverse!) the changes that the base mods make and then applying my own sub-changes on top of them always seemed like a bit of a nightmare to me.

Being able to manually "pick and choose" what spells/changes you want to install would require a pretty major and time-consuming re-write of the mod. Not impossible, but certainly not fun. Lots and lots of checks and targeted patching to make sure other parts of the mod don't break and aren't inconsistent...a highly talented and systematic coder/engineer like DavidW could probably do it and be able to manage it all from a high level, but I am sadly just not that guy. I have no background in coding and looking at stuff like SCS/ToF makes my brain hurt trying to figure out what it's doing most of the time.

Yes, sorry for my weirdness here... i have the habits to tell something as if anyone knew how it worked ^^ Bartimaeus told you the right thing here, i just overwrite IR and SR with the files from IRR and SRR and installed like if it was vanilla IR and SR. It's weird said like that, but it works :)

I never said thank you, @Bartimaeus, but your work was the start of my modding enjoyment a couple years ago. I would never have gotten so far without your amazing work. Big thanks to you and your dedication man !

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ptifab said:

Yes, sorry for my weirdness here... i have the habits to tell something as if anyone knew how it worked ^^ Bartimaeus told you the right thing here, i just overwrite IR and SR with the files from IRR and SRR and installed like if it was vanilla IR and SR. It's weird said like that, but it works :)

I never said thank you, @Bartimaeus, but your work was the start of my modding enjoyment a couple years ago. I would never have gotten so far without your amazing work. Big thanks to you and your dedication man !

Uh...I feel like I should probably be the last person that should receive this thanks considering the sheer number of other's shoulders I'm standing on here, but you're welcome! I'm not really a modder, I just sometimes play one, default_yes.gif.

Edited by Bartimaeus